The Voice

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 GhostStories

GhostStories

Cordial

• 12 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:32 PM

This season has been great so far. My favorite is Cole Vosbury. That guy can sing anything! I actually have liked almost all of the contestants this year. The only one I'm not feeling is that Will dude. I just don't understand what America hears in him. I never feel like he is anything above average, yet he's always saved. The 16 year old girl is pretty amazing as well.

#22 Aquar

Aquar

Cordial

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 04:02 PM

Why has this season not been discussed? Anyway I've never been much for singing shows (odd when I love music) but I really like the Voice. I guess I'm the only one but I have liked all the coaches so far even Cee Lo but I do feel like it gets better and better. I like Gwen Stefani but I'm still pretty surprised how well she fits in. I'm not as fond of Pharrell. I guess I find him a little too nice but he is okay just the same.

I love that they still have the steals too. I have yet to find a contestant I like but this is how I always am with the singing shows and it's nice to just casually listen.

#23 sillylucy

sillylucy

Friendly

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 06:21 PM

I never liked Cee Lo as well. I didn't think he was much of a great musician in the first place. So far Gwen Stefani was my wild card for this season and she is doing pretty good. She's too nice. She's like the Paula on Idol. 

#24 Kendall

Kendall

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 03:35 PM

The greatness of Cee Lo happened before he hit the mainstream when he was a part of Goodie Mob. I really could do without Gwen or even Shakira. I hate seeing them trying to appeal to these people through fashion and being girls. At least you could trust Christina to actually have some musical advice to give you.

I really don't know why anyone would choose someone other than Pharrell at this point. He's not much of a singer, but he is a great producer and can bring a lot to the table for someone trying to hit it big.

#25 Aquar

Aquar

Cordial

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 06:57 PM

The greatness of Cee Lo happened before he hit the mainstream when he was a part of Goodie Mob. I really could do without Gwen or even Shakira. I hate seeing them trying to appeal to these people through fashion and being girls. At least you could trust Christina to actually have some musical advice to give you.

I really don't know why anyone would choose someone other than Pharrell at this point. He's not much of a singer, but he is a great producer and can bring a lot to the table for someone trying to hit it big.

Well you get your wish. Christina is coming back next season. I think it's a bad idea. Of course like I said I am okay with all the coaches but I don't see how she'd fit in with Pharrell. The chemistry between Gwen and Pharrell is amazing. I don't really have any feelings about appealing to fashion but I think overall Gwen is...for lack of a better word cute. I feel like she has amazing energy which is important. It seems like she has good advice too from what I've seen. They all have their own competitive and coaching style.

#26 Kendall

Kendall

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 02:08 PM

Oh, I'm not clamoring for Christina, I just think she is more credible as a judge than Gwen is. Gwen's musical acumen is limited to the range of her voice. I guess she understands beyond what she can do herself, but she has yet to show that on the show. Christina, no matter how badly she misuses her voice, actually understands the skill of singing and when she's not competing with her own team, she has more give in that regard, in my opinion.

If they really wanted a great judge, then they'd try to get Diana Ross or Gladys Knight, maybe Lionel Richie.

#27 Silverfox

Silverfox

Cordial

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:32 PM

Where is everybody? I am new here and there is no one to watch the Voice with me. I am trying to get used to the new judges and the Battles are on. Come on people. Hook me up with some company so we can pick a winner and get on with the show. 

I really don't like  to get into the game too early. Too early and I get upset with some of the judges telling people " that has to be best voice I've heard this season". Its a show that sees a lot of "best". It's hilarious at times. Anyway I hope to find some company here when I next check back. I need to have someone to compare notes with.

#28 Kendall

Kendall

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:21 PM

I'm here, but I will admit to turning during the second hour on Mondays to watch another show. I have yet to see someone that I think will win or should win. They have all been rather blah.

#29 Aquar

Aquar

Cordial

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:18 PM

I am still here. I just always find it hard to have someone to root for so I just casually listen. As for an unbiased opinion, I am still not sure. There are always a lot of contestants so I feel like there is no contestant that really stands out. Maybe as we progress further into the show, there will be someone memorable.

Edited by Aquar, 21 October 2014 - 05:19 PM.

#30 Silverfox

Silverfox

Cordial

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:33 PM

Kendall, I think I am right there with you. I have been watching sporadically and I can't say I am bowled over by any one contestant. I rather like Pharrell though, and he's so good with words, but I miss Usher. Trying to figure out Gwen and Blake and Adam are same old, same old.

I find a lot of good singers get lost early in the game and that bothers me. When I really get caught up I really get emotional and cry and stuff when people have to go home. Yes. I do.

I am not anywhere near there this season. At least not yet and I am hoping not to get there either. I will see what happens a little later. I might get hyped once the real "Battle" begins. It's still my favorite singing show. Hopefully we will find someone memorable like Aquar says.

#31 Silverfox

Silverfox

Cordial

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:15 PM

I'm here, but I will admit to turning during the second hour on Mondays to watch another show. I have yet to see someone that I think will win or should win. They have all been rather blah.

Kendall and company. I need some company in these empty seats. I am getting hooked. The knockout rounds are well on the way and I am starting to get a little excited. Just a little. I tuned in tonight and it held my attention. They had some decent singing here and there and a few surprises. Let's make a date for next week's show. I need to have people to compare notes with. There was a Luke Wade and a few more to watch.

#32 Aquar

Aquar

Cordial

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:46 PM

Whoever decided that Taylor Swift should be a mentor need to be shot haha. There are only a few celebrities that bother me and she is one of them. Obviously everyone has their different tastes but I found it crazy that so many of the contestants liked her. It kinda made me and my mom feel like the only ones who do not like her.

Luckily, next week is the last week of her being on there.

Edited by Aquar, 29 October 2014 - 02:46 PM.

#33 Kendall

Kendall

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:36 PM

Oh no! Usher tried so hard to sound deep and profound that it was actually laughable. I don't know if I truly think Pharell is sincere, but he does a better job of sounding earnest.

I think that might be what gets me the most about The Voice, they beg these people to trust them and that they will take them to victory, but as soon as these battlerounds come up, the judges fall back on what The Voice was supposed to be opposite of: their overall look and whether they will be marketable, not solely their voice.

But, yeah, taking advice from Taylor Swift, um???

#34 Silverfox

Silverfox

Cordial

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:39 PM

Whoever decided that Taylor Swift should be a mentor need to be shot haha. There are only a few celebrities that bother me and she is one of them. Obviously everyone has their different tastes but I found it crazy that so many of the contestants liked her. It kinda made me and my mom feel like the only ones who do not like her.

Luckily, next week is the last week of her being on there.

:)  :) Oh poor Taylor. Since Kanye insulted her I thought the whole world loved her and hated.him. Like you, I want the knock out rounds to be over so we can get on with the show. By then Taylor will be long gone and you and your mom will be fine. About the contestants loving her. Those contestants love anyone who comes to mentor them. Try to imagine it any other way.

#35 Silverfox

Silverfox

Cordial

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 09:38 PM

Come on folks. We are getting a little closer to some serious action. On the way to the top twelve. Saw a Matt that I am loving. Had some glimpses before but he is growing on me. I am so torn. I am from channel to channel. The Voice, Dancing with the stars and Sleepy Hollow which seems to be a hot topic on this  forum. Sadly, I can't watch them all with any real meaning and would probably have some serious catching up to do with Sleepy Hollow.

So it's back to the Voice. Maybe I will get some company here soon. 

#36 Kendall

Kendall

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 04:08 PM

Last night, I finally heard some voices that I will make an effort to follow and I believe that they were all on Pharell's team. He has at least two, maybe three people that SHOULD win, but most likely won't due to some physical attributes, however, I will continue to watch for them. Gwen's last guy wasn't bad, but I hate seeing guys like him pretend to play an instrument while they are performing on these shows. He played two chords, if that, but a bunch of people will try to vote him on because he's a "musician."

#37 Silverfox

Silverfox

Cordial

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:02 PM

I missed it last night so I have to see if it's available on YouTube yet. I catch up there when I miss any after it grabs my attention. The Matt guy you missed the previous night was quite compelling. Then there was a Damien who did 'Stay with Me" that was also outstanding. I am going to see what I missed and see if we are on the same page.

What usually cracks me up with the show is when the judges or guest performers have to present a number and they do a terrible job. I have seen it happen a few times in the past.

#38 Kendall

Kendall

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:23 AM

Well, only two of the people from Pharrell's team made it that I wanted. Blake made the correct choice betweent the guys he had on his team. Two of the correct people made it from Gwen's team, but I can't remember the third. And, I turned away during Adam's selections.

I am sorry that Sugar Joans didn't make it. I wasn't overly impressed with her from the beginning, but she was great on Tuesday night.

#39 Silverfox

Silverfox

Cordial

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 09:26 PM

I am now trying to catch up. I am at Ryan Sill. Interesting chat. I find the judges are talking, talking and not saying he has a real shot at this. I don't know what you guys think. I missed the country guy (can't remember his name) but he got a standing ovation. I am going to go juggle between that and some other shows and come back when I have seen the others. Guess I missed a few well. 

#40 Kendall

Kendall

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 12:39 AM

I'm still watching, but there is pretty much only one that I am remotely interested in and that's Danica. I think what I dislike the most about these shows is that it really goes away from the best singer to the best looking guy as most of the votes are for a bunch of delusional women picking their TV boyfriend, not any singer that has a shot at a career.

Not that any singer from The Voice has had a real chance. The only people that have done well with The Voice are the judges, but the TV boyfriend has been an issue on American Idol since Season 5 of American Idol and unfortunately, it's carried over to other shows. While The Voice is supposed to choose all of their singers just by the sound of the singer, once the coaches turn around, it goes back to who will be the most marketable.

Danica is nowhere near "the look," so I don't expect to see her for long.