• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 Rekoj09

Rekoj09

Friendly

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:33 PM

I watched the first two episodes recently, but I haven't gotten around to watching more. It's not that I don't like it, but I suppose I've just had my fill of dramatic shows lately. I think it's unique and interesting, and Kevin Spacey is one of my favorite actors. I like the show, but I don't love it (yet)--but I'll have to keep watching when I get the chance. I like how Spacey talks to the camera; it has a good effect for the type of story the show is portraying.

#2 Aberdeen

Aberdeen

Friendly

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:39 PM

Anyone watching this series? I blew through 5 episodes today. Brilliant, brilliant show. Kevin Spacey was made to play Francis and Robin is perfect as Claire

Casting aside, House of Cards is one of the best scripts I've had the pleasure of watching since the first season of Homeland

Since all 13 episodes are out, can we openly talk about them without spoiler bars? Don't know the protocol for binge shows

Claire and Francis are stone cold people. She got her assistant to fire 18 people and then fired her. Her remaining employees rightfully hate her

Edited by Aberdeen, 01 June 2013 - 09:20 PM.

#3 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:02 PM

I watched the entire season over the span of one weekend! I absolutely loved it. I think both Kevin and Robin are going to win awards for their brilliant acting. Much like Mad Men, it is another show full of flawed characters. It isn’t always the easiest show to watch, as it can be a bit disheartening to see how corrupt the government and people alike can be, even in a fictional capacity. 

#4 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:23 PM

Now that I've finished OitNB, I'm giving this show a chance next even though I'm not big on political dramas.

#5 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:49 PM

Great!

You won't regret it. Eager to hear about your thoughts.

#6 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:29 PM

Kevin Spacy was amazing during his Francis moment at opening of the Emmys. He stole the show.

#7 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:02 PM

I'm watching this now and I'm all in. It's good!

Season 2 will be released in February.

#8 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:12 PM

I'm watching this now and I'm all in. It's good!

Season 2 will be released in February.

Isn't it?

I want  Francis to go down hard!

#9 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:39 PM

I am on episode 7.

At first I was put off my Kevin Spacey breaking the fourth wall but he's such a strong actor that he makes it work.

#10 Aberdeen

Aberdeen

Friendly

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:16 PM

I am on episode 7.

At first I was put off my Kevin Spacey breaking the fourth wall but he's such a strong actor that he makes it work.

He really is. 

The show is so well acted and produced. The accolades is deserved imo

Isn't it?

I want  Francis to go down hard!

Is it because of Peter? Because if it is, I couldn't agree more.

#11 minutes

minutes

Cordial

• 19 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:20 PM

I think this will be the next show I pick up. I'm a big Kevin Spacey fan.

I heard that Season 2 will be the last season of this show.

I guess when it ends I will pick up Alpha House, if that's still going on. It's a political comedy starring John Goodman and is playing on Amazon's media streaming service.

#12 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:27 PM

The season one finale was kind of flat, but I the subtle build up by Zoe and company to expose Francis left me wanting more.

#13 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:49 AM

The season one finale was kind of flat, but I the subtle build up by Zoe and company to expose Francis left me wanting more.

I'd mock her whoring her way to the top, underneath him, if I didn't want Francis to crash and burn in the worst way possible. 

#14 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:22 PM

I didn't have a problem with Zoe whoring it up because she always owned it and she made a conscience decision to end the sexual relationship when she realized that Claire was fully in the know.

#15 Aberdeen

Aberdeen

Friendly

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:29 PM

I didn't have a problem with Zoe whoring it up because she always owned it and she made a conscience decision to end the sexual relationship when she realized that Claire was fully in the know.

Did she own it though?

She wasn't forthcoming with her coworkers if I remember correctly. She made them think she was being a proper journalists. 

#16 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:31 AM

Get ready.

#17 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:33 PM

Is he burying a body? LOL!

#18 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:52 PM

#19 Aberdeen

Aberdeen

Friendly

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:19 PM

He was confirmed as the Vice President  <_<

#20 TinaJoanne

TinaJoanne

Noob

• 4 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:40 PM

I have to say, I'm excited for the second season of House Of Cards. It surprises me, because I can't think of a single character in that show who I'd want to be friends with, or who I even really care about. And yet, I enjoy watching. I suppose that's a testament to the acting, because the show features some damned fine performances. I'm particularly impressed with Robin Wright - who knew she had it in her!?!

That said, there are a few things that irritate me. Kevin Spacey breaking the forth wall - which, I know, some people are okay with and that's fine...it's a matter of taste. It just doesn't work for me - it feels gimmicky and precious, like something you'd find in a cheeky teen comedy or something. It's out of place here. Those text messages appearing in bubbles is also unnecessary...they could achieve the same result in a much less intrusive way.

As for Zoe...there's a lot of discussion about her sexual habits. First of all, I probably don't have to point out (but I will)  that nobody would even notice if she was a man (at least, there woldn't be the same moral weight to the conversation). Second of all, I doubt it's an accurate portrayal of the interaction between politicians and reporters, but we accept it because it fits right in to the soap operatic quality of the show.

All in all, though, I can't wait for the next season!