• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

#41 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:28 AM

Lmao! Your frustration with these people is palpable and it is hilarious lmao! But a lot of these people have low self-esteem and are terribly insecure about themselves, for one reason or another. For some, talking to someone online and getting that ATTENTION is the best that it is going to get for them, and they take it and run with it. There really is no point, because most of them have no intention of ever meeting their online counterpart, but it is a fix for the moment that makes them feel good about themselves.

I am hardly frustrated. I get that part of it, and I understand how for people most of us would consider having social issues of some kind, connecting online makes things easier. However, some people take it to the extreme going to elaborate means and trickery.

That is how your post came across. it seemed like you didn't get it, and so you were frustrated with their behavior. There is no argument that some people take it to the extreme, but they will do and say anything to hold onto who they are talking to online, hence the extreme measures of trickery and lies. It is all pretty simple stuff to work out, so I don't understand what you are finding difficult to understand.

Nothing you have said addresses my initial post. At no point did I say I did not understand them; at no point did I say I was frustrated. It's a TV show about people that have absolutely nothing to do with me.

Can you not read? Go back and rad your initial post, grumpy. You asked what was wrong with the people who Catfished other people. I simply answered that. How can you not understand these people's issues. They are presented to you every episode, so it is pretty simple to understand. You also asked how people have the time, and what the point of catfishing is. I answered that in my above posts. Go back and read, or learn to read and comprehend. It REALLY sin't that hard to grasp the answers top any of the questions that you posed, unless you simply do not want to get it or are  terribly dense.

#42 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:51 AM

Can you not read? Go back and rad your initial post, grumpy. You asked what was wrong with the people who Catfished other people. I simply answered that. How can you not understand these people's issues. They are presented to you every episode, so it is pretty simple to understand. You also asked how people have the time, and what the point of catfishing is. I answered that in my above posts. Go back and read, or learn to read and comprehend. It REALLY sin't that hard to grasp the answers top any of the questions that you posed, unless you simply do not want to get it or are  terribly dense.

I can read, I can write, and I can comprehend and I can do it all while refraining from name calling. In the interest of not behaving in an inappropriate or immature fashion, I will make this my last comment on this subject. Have a nice day, Namaste.

Edited by ChanellG, 26 August 2013 - 11:52 AM.

#43 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:30 AM

I can read, I can write, and I can comprehend and I can do it all while refraining from name calling. In the interest of not behaving in an inappropriate or immature fashion, I will make this my last comment on this subject. Have a nice day, Namaste.

Apparently not. I can name call and still be one of the most intelligent people that you have ever met, just the same as swearing. That doesn't mean that you do not have a very large vocabulary, as many platitudes seem to want to perpetuate. You were behaving grumpy, so I called it as such. Take the constructive criticism and work on it.

Also, Namaste.

#44 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:22 AM

Moving on to on topic paths of conversation, did anyone watch the latest episode of catfish? I can't believe what went down. I was so confused when that guy pulled up in his car and walked out clapping. What an absolute nutjob lol. At first I thought that he was gay, especially when he called the guy, Artis, chocolate cream cake or something along the lines of that. But to find out that he had appointed himself a crusader everybody that had ever been cheated on in the world? WTH?

Edited by pipergale, 28 August 2013 - 06:22 AM.

#45 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:49 AM

Does anyone know if this show is actually real or not, or just made up hypothetical situations meant to intrigue people. I think it was pretty obvious the actual movie was all faked, as many online sources pointed out. What little I've seen of the show looks very faked to me as well.

#46 cg303

cg303

Cordial

• 13 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:12 PM

Does anyone know if this show is actually real or not, or just made up hypothetical situations meant to intrigue people. I think it was pretty obvious the actual movie was all faked, as many online sources pointed out. What little I've seen of the show looks very faked to me as well.

I did not know the movie was fake . I thought it was real. So the girl and everything was fake? I think the show is staged to a certain extent.  There is no way a person can't know the other profile is fake after so many years specially if they refuse to Skype with them or anything after so many years these people can't be that naive.

#47 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:13 AM

The movie wasn't faked. I think that things can appear faked thanks to the editing process of these types of shows. I don't actually think that the movie was faked at all though. The show isn't faked either, in my opinion. But if it is I don't think I care. The sheer drama going on is amazing. I mean even on Twitter, when the show airs, people tweet the one who was doing the catfishing and they argue back and fourth defending themselves.

I don't thin that we will ever really KNOW for certain if these shows are fake or not though.

Edited by pipergale, 29 August 2013 - 04:13 AM.

#48 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:23 PM

Moving on to on topic paths of conversation, did anyone watch the latest episode of catfish? I can't believe what went down. I was so confused when that guy pulled up in his car and walked out clapping. What an absolute nutjob lol. At first I thought that he was gay, especially when he called the guy, Artis, chocolate cream cake or something along the lines of that. But to find out that he had appointed himself a crusader everybody that had ever been cheated on in the world? WTH?

This guy was a real nut job. I cannot see putting that much energy into someone you not know to teach them a lesson . He was absolutely right about stupid people throwing away perfectly good relationships to go chase someone they met on the Internet.But why does he care so much about what people who he has never met do. Who cares if they cheat on their boyfriend/girlfriends.why is any of you concern ,focus on your own relationship.

#49 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:04 AM

This guy was a real nut job. I cannot see putting that much energy into someone you not know to teach them a lesson . He was absolutely right about stupid people throwing away perfectly good relationships to go chase someone they met on the Internet.But why does he care so much about what people who he has never met do. Who cares if they cheat on their boyfriend/girlfriends.why is any of you concern ,focus on your own relationship.

I just can't believe what a psychopath he was. he was just completely off of his rocker. Most normal people have things in their own lives going on. They do not have the time or the means or the desire to teach people who are doing wrong a lesson. That is not always good, because if more people got involved with one another, I think the world would be a much better place. BUT in the manner in which Justin went about it? I have never met anyone off of the internet before, but I certainly will not be now.

#50 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:54 AM

Did anyone watch this week's episode of Catfish? I think it was entitled Mike and Ashley, or something along the lines of that. It wasn't the most exciting episode but I liked the idea that the two people involved were both catfishing one another. I just felt bad for Mike at the end when Ashley said that she wasn't really into Mike when she met him and saw that he was overweight, as she also was. She knew it was shallow of her too, but in the end they met up after the show which I thought was really nice :)

#51 BWR

BWR

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:45 AM

I've  only seen a few episodes but I really think the concept is relevant to today's world. People go online and develop relationships all the time without actually physically meeting and this can be tricky. On the one hand, you can put up a "mask" or fake profile that fools your online partner into thinking you are somebody else. On the other, the internet could be used by people with even more malicious intent and for all you know, the guy you've been sharing your secrets with could be some psycho stalker or worse!

#52 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:17 AM

I've  only seen a few episodes but I really think the concept is relevant to today's world. People go online and develop relationships all the time without actually physically meeting and this can be tricky. On the one hand, you can put up a "mask" or fake profile that fools your online partner into thinking you are somebody else. On the other, the internet could be used by people with even more malicious intent and for all you know, the guy you've been sharing your secrets with could be some psycho stalker or worse!

The Catfish before this last episode, I was fearing for the guy's life. When that other guy, Justin showed up, I thought that he was an absolute psychopath. For all we know, if the catfish cameras had not been there then Justin could have tried to inflict physical harm or worse.

#53 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:48 AM

The movie wasn't faked. I think that things can appear faked thanks to the editing process of these types of shows. I don't actually think that the movie was faked at all though. The show isn't faked either, in my opinion. But if it is I don't think I care. The sheer drama going on is amazing. I mean even on Twitter, when the show airs, people tweet the one who was doing the catfishing and they argue back and fourth defending themselves.

I don't thin that we will ever really KNOW for certain if these shows are fake or not though.

It was Morgan Spurlock and a few other celebs who have speculated that the movie was fake.

There was also some suspicion about why they would have begun filming the whole incident that early on, and some inconsistencies with the film and their blog postings.

http://en.wikipedia..../Catfish_(film)

#54 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:04 AM

It was Morgan Spurlock and a few other celebs who have speculated that the movie was fake.

There was also some suspicion about why they would have begun filming the whole incident that early on, and some inconsistencies with the film and their blog postings.

Lol! I can't believe it. I have no idea who Morgan Spurlock is. From what I know of wikipedia, one cannot trust a thing that is said on there. So I don't feel as though that is a credible source. I do know that there are some things that I don't like about Neve, but I don't feel like his catfish experience was false.

#55 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:41 PM

Oh my God. Really? I haven't head anything about the movie being staged, and I spend a lot of time online. I listen to reviews on Youtube, and those reviewers pay attention to the blogs, which usually out things like that.

I really enjoy Catfish but some of the episodes do seem a bit staged. Like on the first episode of the season 2 premiere, when Cassy found out that the person that she was talking to online for 2 and a half years, was her best friend's cousin, who lived with that best friend. She was having phone sex with him every other night, and she couldn't put two and two together? I know that some people's voices sound similar, but what are the chances of knowing someone that close to you? I mean, she said that they were acquaintances and not regular friends, but still. I think you would remember the voice that you were having phone sex with, because that is all that there is in that moment - that person's voice.

I think that there are some episodes that are definitely real, but I would not be shocked if some were staged. Most reality TV is staged these days, but they are better than soaps in my opinion.

I understood that the phone sex in that episode was text sex, so she wouldn't have been able to hear his voice.

I thought it was so sick and twisted that her best friend pretended to be her boyfriend. The best friend and her cousin were both the boyfriend. I wouldn't have forgiven her.

I do watch Catfish but I've missed a few episodes from the most recent season. I was amazed when a couple of the catfish  stories actually ended happily and the couples stayed together. But most people can't get over the loss of their fantasy and don't want to date the real person behind the fake online image.

#56 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:55 AM

Oh my God. Really? I haven't head anything about the movie being staged, and I spend a lot of time online. I listen to reviews on Youtube, and those reviewers pay attention to the blogs, which usually out things like that.

I really enjoy Catfish but some of the episodes do seem a bit staged. Like on the first episode of the season 2 premiere, when Cassy found out that the person that she was talking to online for 2 and a half years, was her best friend's cousin, who lived with that best friend. She was having phone sex with him every other night, and she couldn't put two and two together? I know that some people's voices sound similar, but what are the chances of knowing someone that close to you? I mean, she said that they were acquaintances and not regular friends, but still. I think you would remember the voice that you were having phone sex with, because that is all that there is in that moment - that person's voice.

I think that there are some episodes that are definitely real, but I would not be shocked if some were staged. Most reality TV is staged these days, but they are better than soaps in my opinion.

I understood that the phone sex in that episode was text sex, so she wouldn't have been able to hear his voice.

I thought it was so sick and twisted that her best friend pretended to be her boyfriend. The best friend and her cousin were both the boyfriend. I wouldn't have forgiven her.

I do watch Catfish but I've missed a few episodes from the most recent season. I was amazed when a couple of the catfish  stories actually ended happily and the couples stayed together. But most people can't get over the loss of their fantasy and don't want to date the real person behind the fake online image.

If you notice, it always has to be a white woman or man in order for the show to end happily. When there are black or Mexican people that appear on Catfish, some fuckery always appears to go down, and I can't help but think that that is not a coincidence. TV and the mainstream media has been conspiring to make black people and other races look bad for almost as long as TV has been around. Why would that end with Catfish lol.

No seriously, they had phone sex with their voices. But the girl did say that she wasn't that close to him - just an acquaintance. The girl and her friend are now very close again, but I would not have been able to do it.

#57 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:04 AM

Lol! I can't believe it. I have no idea who Morgan Spurlock is. From what I know of wikipedia, one cannot trust a thing that is said on there. So I don't feel as though that is a credible source. I do know that there are some things that I don't like about Neve, but I don't feel like his catfish experience was false.

Morgan Spurlock did a documentary several years ago called Supersize Me, where he showed the effects of eating McDonalds all the time had on his body and his appearance. I think he also worked on a documentary on One Direction recently.

#58 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:34 AM

So the first lesbians episode of Catfish that we get in a while, and this is how it turns out? Lmao! I guess they wouldn't be lesbians if there was no drama. For this week'a episode of Catfish I have to agree with Max. I thought that Alicia really did have romantic feelings for Aliyah but just couldn't come to terms with her sexuality on TV, because her family didn't know that she was gay and she had a boyfriend at the time.

#59 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:22 PM

So the first lesbians episode of Catfish that we get in a while, and this is how it turns out? Lmao! I guess they wouldn't be lesbians if there was no drama. For this week'a episode of Catfish I have to agree with Max. I thought that Alicia really did have romantic feelings for Aliyah but just couldn't come to terms with her sexuality on TV, because her family didn't know that she was gay and she had a boyfriend at the time.

I missed that episode. I'll have to find it online. I think catfishing probably happens a lot in real life because the internet has made it way too easy to lie about every aspect of your life.

#60 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:14 AM

I missed that episode. I'll have to find it online. I think catfishing probably happens a lot in real life because the internet has made it way too easy to lie about every aspect of your life.

Oh, I am sorry if I spoiled the episode for you. If you want to watch it anyway, despite the fact that I ruined it lol, there is a site called Allshowsdaily.com, and it has almost every episode of almost every show out there. Truly amazing blog website. You can stream the shows or just download them most of the time.