• Please log in to reply
731 replies to this topic

#1 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

I know Elijah will be one of the characters but I haven't read anything about Rebekah being on it

No news on Rebekah yet. I don't see how they could do it without her.

I mean, I don't mind her hooking up with Stefan, but she has way more chemistry with the Originals than either Salvatore brother, Matt or Tyler.

#2 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

I still haven't seen the most recent episode of Vampire Diaries, is there any hope of Stefan genuinely moving on with Rebekah?

No. Or at least, not as long as Julie sees the show as being defined by the triangle.

I am so over TVD that I don't even care to hate rant on Damon anymore. I don't want to invest in another show headed by Julie Plec. The Originals will veer off course in season 1if she doesn't have a co-showrunner to keep her in line

I wish she'd stay with TVD and hand over The Originals to someone else.

#3 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

I just want them to take Caroline with them :)

Without going into the Vampire Diaries episode too much, I will say that Stefan is not that into Bex. If/when they find that cure and they find out Elena was bind to Damon against her will, he will moan at her feet to be taken back

In conclusion, I am among those who want Bex to move on from Mystic Falls

LOL

Sadly, the way things are, Stefan will take Elena back even if there's no cure, she stays a vampire and tells Stefan she wants both brothers.

#4 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

Claire Holt Joins The Originals

"The Originals" will begin as a backdoor pilot airing as the April 25 episode of "The Vampire Diaries." If fans catch on, it will likely go to series in the fall of 2013, with executive producers Julie Plec and Michael Narducci at the helm.
This marks the second time that Holt and off-screen BFF Phoebe Tonkin have starred in the same series. The two grew close as castmates on the Australian mermaid show "H2O: Just Add Water." Though they didn't share scenes in "The Vampire Diaries," we're looking forward to Rebekah and Haley teaming up on "The Originals."

This is awesome news for The Originals. Not so much for Vampire Diaries. VD is filled with Elena cheerleaders and Tyler. Not fun!

Yay!! This totally made my day.

#5 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:14 PM

I agree that it is good news for the spin off and not so good for me ... as a TVD watcher who likes Rebekah alone on the show

She is the only one who is willing to call out our merry band of Elena worshipers on their hypocrisy. Tyler is not on enough and he doesn't take it as far as Bex does because of Caroline

There is no way a show with both Elijah and Bex will fail. No comment on Klaus. I plead the 5th

*hmph* Klaus is fabulous.

Losing the Originals is going to hurt TVD unless they unglue lips from Elena's ass.

Though, I've heard rumors that there's going to be a female character that Klaus and Elijah fight over, so yeah, a new "Elena"...maybe everything's just gonna suck.

#6 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

I am so happy to about that casting news! The Originals is looking better and better contrast to TVD

But I kept scrolling to this

Though, I've heard rumors that there's going to be a female character that Klaus and Elijah fight over, so yeah, a new "Elena"...maybe everything's just gonna suck.

I hope this isn't true. A show where two supernatural brothers are fighting over a girl is one too many. Two is written and produced by the same team is lazy

IF it is true, I hope it is not Phoebe's character :/

Well, the very tiny bit of good news, is that it's suppose to be Davina, the witch. That said, it's all rumors and not spoilers, so I'm happy to report that it's possibly NOT TRUE :) Fingers crossed.

#7 90s

90s

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

I don't trust Julie Plec but a show that includes Elijah, Rebekah and Klaus sounds awesome to give it a try. But they sold me with the absence of Elena/Damon/Stefan

#8 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

Continuation of the discussion of Our Worries about The Originals

Reminder of the Spoiler Policy

#9 Aberdeen

Aberdeen

Friendly

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

I know Elijah will be one of the characters but I haven't read anything about Rebekah being on it

#10 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

I still haven't seen the most recent episode of Vampire Diaries, is there any hope of Stefan genuinely moving on with Rebekah? If he can do that or attempts to, I guess I can like them together. If he is using Rex as a place over until they find a cure for Elena, then Bex should run all the way to New Orleans. She deserves better than that. So does Stefan but that is a conversation for another time

I am so over TVD that I don't even care to hate rant on Damon anymore. I don't want to invest in another show headed by Julie Plec. The Originals will veer off course in season 1if she doesn't have a co-showrunner to keep her in line

#11 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

I just want them to take Caroline with them :)

Without going into the Vampire Diaries episode too much, I will say that Stefan is not that into Bex. If/when they find that cure and they find out Elena was bind to Damon against her will, he will moan at her feet to be taken back

In conclusion, I am among those who want Bex to move on from Mystic Falls

Edited by MaryAnn, 28 January 2013 - 01:03 PM.

#12 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:27 AM

I believe Elena will be human again by the season finale and I also believe that Stephan will run straight back to her the first chance he gets regardless of her vampire state or lack thereof. Which will just make it all boring again.

On topic, I'm quite eager to see The Originals. I hope it's gonna be to TVD what Angel was to Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I was a huge Buffy fan and I felt like Angel was an excellent compliment to the show as a spin-off. It was darker and more mature and while Buffy had its dark moments, it was still pretty lighthearted in comparison.

I'm glad Elijah has a role in it all and I'd like to see Bex on there. In fact, I'd like to see all of the remaining Originals on the show so TVD can move on to something new.

#13 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

I'll pass, just like I passed on watching "Vampire Diaries". I watched one episode of that show. The first episode. Way back when. I couldn't stand it. And I hear it's only gotten worse. A spin off would be like getting a root canal. And then after you're done, getting bitten by a zombie as you leave the dentists office. And now, having to have your left foot amputated before the virus spreads!

#14 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:28 AM

LOL

Sadly, the way things are, Stefan will take Elena back even if there's no cure, she stays a vampire and tells Stefan she wants both brothers.

The show's central theme is disgusting.

A girl torn about two guys is one thing. A girl being tossed between two brothers is nothing but icky

Do either have shippers?

#15 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

Nothing is too icky for The CW! I think they crossed all icky boundaries with shows like "The L.A. Complex". I think The CW is the sodom and Gommorah of television networks!

#16 GGirls

GGirls

Friendly

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

Nothing is too icky for The CW! I think they crossed all icky boundaries with shows like "The L.A. Complex". I think The CW is the sodom and Gommorah of television networks!

Do tell!

#17 Aberdeen

Aberdeen

Friendly

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

Claire Holt Joins The Originals

"The Originals" will begin as a backdoor pilot airing as the April 25 episode of "The Vampire Diaries." If fans catch on, it will likely go to series in the fall of 2013, with executive producers Julie Plec and Michael Narducci at the helm.
This marks the second time that Holt and off-screen BFF Phoebe Tonkin have starred in the same series. The two grew close as castmates on the Australian mermaid show "H2O: Just Add Water." Though they didn't share scenes in "The Vampire Diaries," we're looking forward to Rebekah and Haley teaming up on "The Originals."

This is awesome news for The Originals. Not so much for Vampire Diaries. VD is filled with Elena cheerleaders and Tyler. Not fun!

#18 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

I agree that it is good news for the spin off and not so good for me ... as a TVD watcher who likes Rebekah alone on the show

She is the only one who is willing to call out our merry band of Elena worshipers on their hypocrisy. Tyler is not on enough and he doesn't take it as far as Bex does because of Caroline

There is no way a show with both Elijah and Bex will fail. No comment on Klaus. I plead the 5th

#19 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

I am so happy to about that casting news! The Originals is looking better and better contrast to TVD

But I kept scrolling to this

I hope this isn't true. A show where two supernatural brothers are fighting over a girl is one too many. Two is written and produced by the same team is lazy

IF it is true, I hope it is not Phoebe's character :/

Edited by MaryAnn, 13 February 2013 - 11:45 PM.

#20 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

Well, the very tiny bit of good news, is that it's suppose to be Davina, the witch. That said, it's all rumors and not spoilers, so I'm happy to report that it's possibly NOT TRUE :) Fingers crossed.

That makes me feel better. I already have my qualms about Julie Plec. She can very easily screw this up