victor-creed.jpg

I hope I convinced you!

#2 dethdealer24

dethdealer24

Cordial

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:36 PM

Has anyone been watching Ray Donavan? Oh man that show has been really good. Jon Voight is simply amazing, and Liev is at the top of his game. There are so many memorable quotes and it's just overall a great show. The one confusing thing about it though it that the backstory between Liev and his father isn't really given to you right off the bat, it's slowly unraveling with each episode. So it may seem a little confusing at first.

#3 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:43 PM

Has anyone been watching Ray Donavan? Oh man that show has been really good. Jon Voight is simply amazing, and Liev is at the top of his game. There are so many memorable quotes and it's just overall a great show. The one confusing thing about it though it that the backstory between Liev and his father isn't really given to you right off the bat, it's slowly unraveling with each episode. So it may seem a little confusing at first.

http://realtvchat.co...56-ray-donovan/

I missed this thread I love the show so we'll keep the thread lol

YES, I love it. I don't know, I kinda like the wife but she needs to watch her language when the kids are around

I haven't JV in many things but I love him here. He is the perfect douchebag and Ray is just too badass for works

#4 That1Girl

That1Girl

Cordial

• 15 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:34 AM

I am totally in love with this show! While Jon Voight is great as the jerk dad (thinking he has practice in real life..), Liev Schreiber is amazing as Ray Donovan! He has the perfect mix of scary and sweet. His wife completely gets on my nerves, though.

#5 dethdealer24

dethdealer24

Cordial

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:14 PM

The bag or the bat has to be one of the greatest lines ever. That and when Jon Voight asked his grandson if he was gay, OMG, I almost fell off my couch!

#6 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:54 PM

How old is the girl playing Ray's daughter, Bridget? I was so uncomfortable with the make out session with Marvin PAUSE Gaye. Whom I liked until the latest episode. Ray should beat the crap out of him for forcing Bridget to blow him and using his dead mother to guilt her into doing it. I was so relieved she was strong enough to get out of dodge 

Abby grates on my last nerves. Her cockney accent is too pronounced for someone who got out of the slums a long time ago. Grown women behaving like wayward teenagers is not fine. It would have served whatshername right if she broke a hip. That was  a hard fall

I am getting tired of Micky's schtick. Why I whooped when Ray pistol whipped him last week. 

#7 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:09 PM

Bridget must be no less than 13 years old. I am glad Marvin [pause] Gaye tried to make amends

I figured out why I can't get into this show. There are several reasons actually. The biggest is that I simply abhor Abby. It is not her voice or accent alone that I have a problem. I have a problem with her as a whole, the way she is written and acted. I don't enjoy a show where I am actively rooting for the husband to kick his wife to curb or have as many affairs that he can manage to

If Ray's home life wasn't a big part of the show, it wouldn't put a big dent in my enjoyment but it is. They should spend more time on Ray being a fixer and a brother and on him being a father and husband 

Jon Voight is flawless as Micky but too much of Micky is too much. I don't find him funny after the second act