43 replies to this topic

#1 90s

90s

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:10 PM

What twist?

Can you guys try to be a little more detailed? Vague posts are annoying :)

#2 dethdealer24

dethdealer24

Cordial

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:14 PM

I have been looking for a thread on this show and I haven't seen one. Has anyone else been watching this? I really liked the first season, totally fell in love with it during the second season, and now I am totally hooked this season. So much has been going on, so many new characters have been introduced, ( I think the Twins are just really bad ass), and there really have been a few OH MY GOD moments this season. So if there are other people, like myself, who are hooked on this show, I'd love to talk about it. Please don't post here unless you are up to date on the episodes, because I'm sure there will be some spoilers and I don't want anything ruined for anyone. It will be hard for there not to be spoilers, since every single episode had been ending with a huge revelation of some sort! (Like certain character's eyes changing color?) So please, POST AWAY.

Edited by dethdealer24, 16 July 2013 - 11:15 PM.

#3 AyeManda

AyeManda

Cordial

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:54 PM

YESSSS! I am SO glad someone finally created this thread, I am in love with Teen Wolf.  Whenever I searched for it on here I got a weird error message about not searching for words with enough characters?  But, anyways that doesn't matter now, because we finally have a thread for it!  The twins are pretty badass, but part of me just can never take them seriously because whenever a scene comes on with them in it all I can picture is Desperate Housewives (they played the Scavo twins). 

#4 XxMotleyCrueXx

XxMotleyCrueXx

Cordial

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:15 AM

I heard of Teen Wolf but never watched it, I dont really enjoy TV shows or movies where its revolved around teenagers or young adults. I am guessing this is also about werewolves, I am not big on werewolves except if its a movie like Ginger Snaps.

#5 hogwarts

hogwarts

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:52 AM

I only just started watching this show but am hooked. Lydia is my girl. I think she's a very interesting character, far more complex than you see on most of these teen shows. I basically ship her with everyone (but, because I am a huge contrarian, probably mostly with Scott). Stiles is a close second (although I don't really get why everyone is obsessed with Sterek. I basically ship him with everyone but Derek).

#6 AyeManda

AyeManda

Cordial

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:05 PM

Is it just me or is Teen Wolf getting super complicated?  I've been watching the series since Day 1, and it used to be more of like a guilty pleasure, something funny and a teeny bit on the creepy/make you jump side.  But, there is SO much going on in Season 3.  I'm not slow, or simple minded, I get most of the storyline.  It's just since when did you have to invest this much thought into Teen Wolf? 

#7 Phoenix360

Phoenix360

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:46 PM

I put Teen Wolf up there with my current favorite TV shows. I'm completely hooked on Teen Wolf and can't miss it week to week or I'll be furious. You have a teenage student named Scott McCall and his best friend, Stiles Stilinski, and soon enough they are wrapped up in the entire werewolf world, introducing various threatening forces. Season 1 and Season 2 were great and filled with solid drama and comedy, and I particularly like how most of the characters and plot has evolved over time. My favorite characters are Scott, Stiles and Derek, the frontrunners of the series.

I also agree with you, AyeManda, that Season 3, as it continues to air on MTV, is beginning to become more complexly detailed, and you really have to listen and take note of everything that happens, which is quite a lot all at one time.  In the past seasons, everything glided along more smoothly, with details sprinkled in here and there. But that is also why they are doing it, because many questions had to be answered and things were left unexplained. Either way, I am all in support of Teen Wolf and I'm over 20 years of age. It truly does appeal to a wide demographic.

Edited by Phoenix360, 23 July 2013 - 10:49 PM.

#8 AyeManda

AyeManda

Cordial

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:10 AM

I put Teen Wolf up there with my current favorite TV shows. I'm completely hooked on Teen Wolf and can't miss it week to week or I'll be furious. You have a teenage student named Scott McCall and his best friend, Stiles Stilinski, and soon enough they are wrapped up in the entire werewolf world, introducing various threatening forces. Season 1 and Season 2 were great and filled with solid drama and comedy, and I particularly like how most of the characters and plot has evolved over time. My favorite characters are Scott, Stiles and Derek, the frontrunners of the series.

I also agree with you, AyeManda, that Season 3, as it continues to air on MTV, is beginning to become more complexly detailed, and you really have to listen and take note of everything that happens, which is quite a lot all at one time.  In the past seasons, everything glided along more smoothly, with details sprinkled in here and there. But that is also why they are doing it, because many questions had to be answered and things were left unexplained. Either way, I am all in support of Teen Wolf and I'm over 20 years of age. It truly does appeal to a wide demographic.

I get that the writers are trying to answer a lot of questions, but it seems like they every time they answer one question, they create like three more questions.  Regardless, I love the series, that's not going to change, I'm just not sure I love the direction they are taking it this season.  And I miss all the hilarious Stiles and Scott moments, I feel like it's not as light hearted as it used to be.  (My favorite character is hands-down Stiles, he is SO funny.) 

#9 Phoenix360

Phoenix360

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:53 AM

I get that the writers are trying to answer a lot of questions, but it seems like they every time they answer one question, they create like three more questions.  Regardless, I love the series, that's not going to change, I'm just not sure I love the direction they are taking it this season.  And I miss all the hilarious Stiles and Scott moments, I feel like it's not as light hearted as it used to be.  (My favorite character is hands-down Stiles, he is SO funny.) 

Yeah true. I mean all the characters are too busy surrounded by a threat that they don't really have the right time to incorporate some great comedic moments. It goes without saying Teen Wolf is becoming a darker series by the seasons. I hope when the current chapter subsizes, some of that quirky and sometimes witty comedy makes some form of return. I agree, Stiles is too funny. His best moments of hilarity are in Season 1, in my opinion.

#10 AyeManda

AyeManda

Cordial

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:28 AM

Yeah true. I mean all the characters are too busy surrounded by a threat that they don't really have the right time to incorporate some great comedic moments. It goes without saying Teen Wolf is becoming a darker series by the seasons. I hope when the current chapter subsizes, some of that quirky and sometimes witty comedy makes some form of return. I agree, Stiles is too funny. His best moments of hilarity are in Season 1, in my opinion.

Season 1 was my favorite!  you are absolutely right, Stiles was hilarious then.  I really hope after this season Teen Wolf lightens up a bit.  I mean I appreciate the amount of work and effort the cast and writers are putting into this season, it's just unnecessary though.  I honestly think the more complicated and darker they make the series, the more long-time viewers they lose. 

#11 dethdealer24

dethdealer24

Cordial

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:02 PM

Is it just me or is Teen Wolf getting super complicated?  I've been watching the series since Day 1, and it used to be more of like a guilty pleasure, something funny and a teeny bit on the creepy/make you jump side.  But, there is SO much going on in Season 3.  I'm not slow, or simple minded, I get most of the storyline.  It's just since when did you have to invest this much thought into Teen Wolf? 

I agree too, there is a lot more going on in the show this season. Especially last episode, they really went into a lot of detail in Derek's history. Last season there seemed to be more going on, but this season they have 2 storylines running at once, the Alpha pack and the Druids. But i have to say, I really do like the direction it's headed in. The only thing i am not crazy about is if I don't watch the previous week's episode before the new episode, I get lost, lol. I need a refresher every week.

#12 AyeManda

AyeManda

Cordial

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:40 PM

I agree too, there is a lot more going on in the show this season. Especially last episode, they really went into a lot of detail in Derek's history. Last season there seemed to be more going on, but this season they have 2 storylines running at once, the Alpha pack and the Druids. But i have to say, I really do like the direction it's headed in. The only thing i am not crazy about is if I don't watch the previous week's episode before the new episode, I get lost, lol. I need a refresher every week.

I watch the old episode before the new episode every week too (thank God MTV runs them back to back), or else I will get super confused.  I think they should have just stuck with the Alpha pack storyline and that would have been sufficient.  The direction they are heading could very easily be a GREAT show, I think the reason I just am not a fan of how complicated it is becoming is because it's on during the summer.  I have so much going on during the summer that I don't have time to get sucked into a TV show and analyze it and spend hours reading through theory blogs.  If Teen Wolf is going to be this intense they need to air it during the Winter when I have nothing better to do than study the episodes. 

#13 dethdealer24

dethdealer24

Cordial

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:15 PM

I watch the old episode before the new episode every week too (thank God MTV runs them back to back), or else I will get super confused.  I think they should have just stuck with the Alpha pack storyline and that would have been sufficient.  The direction they are heading could very easily be a GREAT show, I think the reason I just am not a fan of how complicated it is becoming is because it's on during the summer.  I have so much going on during the summer that I don't have time to get sucked into a TV show and analyze it and spend hours reading through theory blogs.  If Teen Wolf is going to be this intense they need to air it during the Winter when I have nothing better to do than study the episodes. 

They are! From what i understand, they are having a summer finale and it will be coming back in January I think. This season is actually 24 episodes in total, they are just breaking it up in half. They mention it in this article: http://www.justjared...e-date-trailer/

Edited by dethdealer24, 29 July 2013 - 11:15 PM.

#14 Phoenix360

Phoenix360

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:55 PM

They are! From what i understand, they are having a summer finale and it will be coming back in January I think. This season is actually 24 episodes in total, they are just breaking it up in half. They mention it in this article: http://www.justjared...e-date-trailer/

Thank goodness they are bringing it back in January to continue from the midseason finale, because waiting for one entire year just becomes way too much for my patience and anticipation. It's great to know they are doing well enough that the network has faith in them to order 24 episodes for one season. Great news for the Teen Wolf fanatics.

#15 AyeManda

AyeManda

Cordial

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:47 PM

Really?! That's amazing!  Waiting a year for Teen Wolf is painful.  I think it will help the shows ratings too, being on more than once a year.  It's hard to build up a decent fan base when it isn't on for a regular basis.  And, it will be awesome for me, because I'll have way more time to watch it during the Winter. 

#16 Wayne Clark

Wayne Clark

Cordial

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

Yeah I'm a big fan of this show and besides a few missteps, I've really been enjoying this season so far. The only thing that would make It better is if Jackson was still here. The latest episode has definitely been my favorite of the season and so ready to see what happens next. The twist at the end didn't really surprise me though and I saw it coming a mile away.

#17 Phoenix360

Phoenix360

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:34 PM

What twist?

Can you guys try to be a little more detailed? Vague posts are annoying :)

We don't want to spoil the storylines for those who haven't watched up to a certain point in the show, so that perhaps others can watch it and see it pan out for themselves without any preconceptions or numbed experience due to knowing exactly what happens.

#18 Wayne Clark

Wayne Clark

Cordial

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:48 PM

I really enjoyed this latest episode and thought that all the actors did a fantastic job this episode. It was definitely interesting to finally see Peter back in action and fighting alongside the good guys this time. Along with that, it was great to get some background knowledge on the Darach and what it's motives are. Now there are only 2 episodes left for the first half of the season so I'm anxious to see what happens next.

#19 Wayne Clark

Wayne Clark

Cordial

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:36 PM

So, the time has come as the mid season finale will be airing onight and I'm really excited to see what happens. It seems like all the players are in place and a big showdown is about to commence. Since the season has been extended to 24 episodes instead of the usual 12, I'm eager to see how it ends and what will happen when the show comes back in Janurary.

#20 Phoenix360

Phoenix360

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:10 AM

With the outcome of the midseason finale, you have to wonder what they have set up to jumpstart the rest of the season in January. They definitely plotted some good stuff, with Peter reverting back to his old and evil self, but at the same time, I can't help but think they finished off the momentum of the Alpha pack too soon to give way for Jennifer's short term destruction. The Alpha pack looked like they were going to destroy all of Beacon Hills, judging from all the foreshadowing and their overall threatening presence. Don't get me wrong, they did get to do some damage, but due to this season split in half, their streak ended up getting folded too soon in my opinion. Anyway, I anticipate January 2014. It couldn't come soon enough now that summer is almost over.