• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#21 Jel

Jel

Cordial

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:34 AM

I believe that assisted suicide for terminally ill patients should be legal everywhere. There would need to be strict criteria, and the patient would need to prove they are of sound mind when making this decision. I cannot understand why we are allowed to euthanize our dogs, cats, horses etc and not make the choice when it us who are dying and in unbearable pain. I also suspect that this is done on the sly too. Years ago I had a very sick family member who had cancer, secondary to breast cancer and I believe those doctors keep upping the morphine until she went into a coma and essentially passed away. God I hope someone does that for me if I am ever in that situation.

#22 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:18 AM

I have to say: I agree with you Jel. But we are allowed to do that with our pets is because we we either cannot afford to fit the bill to have their health restored, or if they are going to die and there is nothing anybody can do about it, pets are seen as beneath humans, so it is ok just to pull the plug. But in my opinion, pulling the plug is one of the kindest things you can do.

#23 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:59 AM

I read today in the US magazine email newsletter that Liam Hemsworth is so mortified by Miley Cyrus's slutty antics at the VMA's that he just wants to make a clean break and end their on again off again relationship.

She started being kind of obnoxious a while ago, so I'm surprised that the VMAs is what made him give up on her.

#24 BWR

BWR

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:12 AM

I read today in the US magazine email newsletter that Liam Hemsworth is so mortified by Miley Cyrus's slutty antics at the VMA's that he just wants to make a clean break and end their on again off again relationship.

She started being kind of obnoxious a while ago, so I'm surprised that the VMAs is what made him give up on her.

Totally agreed! I'm surprised that Liam Hemsworth lasted this long! That poor girl has a lot of issues; growing up in the spotlight can't be healthy! I feel sorry for her more than anything as we may never know what it is like to grow up as a child star and to basically be expected to constantly seek attention in even more shocking ways. 

Look at most of them; Amanda Bynes, Lindsay Lohan, Haley Joel Osment, Macauley Culkin etc. even Britney Spears. They all have major issues! 

#25 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:41 AM

Totally agreed! I'm surprised that Liam Hemsworth lasted this long! That poor girl has a lot of issues; growing up in the spotlight can't be healthy! I feel sorry for her more than anything as we may never know what it is like to grow up as a child star and to basically be expected to constantly seek attention in even more shocking ways. 

Look at most of them; Amanda Bynes, Lindsay Lohan, Haley Joel Osment, Macauley Culkin etc. even Britney Spears. They all have major issues! 

Another messed up thing about child stars is that sometimes their parents steal all their money.

I've read horror stories of child stars from old shows whose parents lived off them and left them nothing for the future.

#26 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:25 AM

Another messed up thing about child stars is that sometimes their parents steal all their money.

I've read horror stories of child stars from old shows whose parents lived off them and left them nothing for the future.

I mean, in the case of Lindsay Lohan, I feel like her parents  - especially her mother - wanted to live vicariously through her, and I feel like they sapped her of her self-worth and her energy, as well as her money. Didn't her mother write a book - a tell all, at some point?

McKauly Corkin, if that is spelt correctly, also has many issues with his parents having taken his riches when he was younger.

#27 cpw

cpw

Cordial

• 12 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:27 AM

I think the best comment about the Miley Cyrus fiasco came from Brooke Shields on The Today Show. She said something to the effect that it just seemed "desperate."

I couldn't agree more.

I'm watching CBS this morning now, they had a short clip of an interview with the president of Syria. First, I'm watching and wondering "Does this guy have any teeth on his upper jaw?" And then I'm thinking, "He is a complete nut and we should not trust him." Sounds to me like he either has no control of what happens in his country, or like he's playing dumb because he's controlling things from more than just a military perspective.

Ugh.

I wish the US didn't have the expectation of being the big brother when other countries decide to eat each other (or themselves) from within.

#28 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:15 AM

I wish the US didn't have the expectation of being the big brother when other countries decide to eat each other (or themselves) from within.

I couldn't agree more. I didn't want us to use any kind of military force for that very reason.

God forbid, what if the same thing happens in other locations within a short amount of time? Take the same action and further exhaust our already dwindling resources? 

There is a solution that should include the UN. You know, the organization that was founded occasions like this one.

#29 cpw

cpw

Cordial

• 12 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:21 AM

I don't know if you saw the interview, but the Syrian president just looked like he had evil in his eyes. It made me afraid for our troops, and what kind of warfare they'd be facing.

I suppose I could behind a drone attack, though I bet that would cost American taxpayers DEARLY. I'm more in favor of not sacrificing OUR lives for theirs. I'm so selfish... but at some point, like parents, we have to let the kids go....

#30 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:03 AM

I really don't think it is just the pressure of growing up in the spotlight. Something else goes on in Hollywood that most people are not even going to be able to wrap their heads around. There is a lot of occult practices going on. Ever wonder why people like Beyonce and Eminem are always claiming that once they get up on stage their 'alter ego' takes over? Just some food for thought. It is the same for the actors and actresses as it is for the biggest names in music.

Being famous is not the only issue. It runs much deeper than that.

#31 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:23 AM

I miss Amanda Bynes' wild comments on Twitter. It sounds horrible, knowing that she's dealing with mental illness, but some of the wacky things she posted on Twitter were weirdly entertaining to read because they were so out there.

#32 BWR

BWR

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:09 AM

I really don't think it is just the pressure of growing up in the spotlight. Something else goes on in Hollywood that most people are not even going to be able to wrap their heads around. There is a lot of occult practices going on. Ever wonder why people like Beyonce and Eminem are always claiming that once they get up on stage their 'alter ego' takes over? Just some food for thought. It is the same for the actors and actresses as it is for the biggest names in music.

The occult practices comment is fascinating. Do you believe that there are other things going on with people who perform on stage and in the public eye? That there is something else that makes them unstable and unpredictable?

And yes, I totally agree about poor Lindsay Lohan and Macauley Culkin. They definitely were being used by their own parents!

#33 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:16 AM

The occult practices comment is fascinating. Do you believe that there are other things going on with people who perform on stage and in the public eye? That there is something else that makes them unstable and unpredictable?

And yes, I totally agree about poor Lindsay Lohan and Macauley Culkin. They definitely were being used by their own parents!

Every time I bring up the practice of black magic in the entertainment world, people assume that I am crazy and just completely shut off without taking anything that I say into account. So I just leave people to discover things for themselves. That way people are more likely to believe their own experience, rather than me telling them. I will say this though, black magic IS going on in the world of Hollywood and in the world of music. These alter egos are supposed to be these artists once the demon has taken them over, such as Slim Shady, and Sasha Fierce. Beyonce can be heard saying that once she gets on stage Sasha Fierce just takes over. she doesn't just mean that in the harmless sense, I can assure you. Ever wonder how Jay-Z got beyonce? All interesting questions.

Something much more sinister is going on in the entertainment business, and Miley Cyrus is just one of the MANY others to enter into it, which is why her imagine is now ALL about sex.

#34 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

I think the best comment about the Miley Cyrus fiasco came from Brooke Shields on The Today Show. She said something to the effect that it just seemed "desperate."

I think the other issue is that a lot of these celebrities are rolling in so much money they just have an over inflated sense of self importance, and think that any and all attention hungry antics they pull in the public eye is some important milestone in art.

#35 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:14 PM

I think the other issue is that a lot of these celebrities are rolling in so much money they just have an over inflated sense of self importance, and think that any and all attention hungry antics they pull in the public eye is some important milestone in art.

When you watch behind the scenes shows or read interviews with people who have waited on celebrities or provided a service to celebrities, the celebrities almost always sound like entitled jerks who expect the royal treatment and don't want to pay for anything.

I think celebrities sit up at night thinking of weird things to do that they can call artistic milestones. Miley Cyrus is nude in her new video for Wrecking Ball. Where do you go next after being nude in a video? A leaked sex tape?

I would actually be more shocked and impressed if Miley flew to New Orleans and helped rebuild houses or volunteered at a homeless shelter, or made a huge donation to a battered women's shelter.

#36 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:07 AM

When you watch behind the scenes shows or read interviews with people who have waited on celebrities or provided a service to celebrities, the celebrities almost always sound like entitled jerks who expect the royal treatment and don't want to pay for anything.

I think celebrities sit up at night thinking of weird things to do that they can call artistic milestones. Miley Cyrus is nude in her new video for Wrecking Ball. Where do you go next after being nude in a video? A leaked sex tape?

I would actually be more shocked and impressed if Miley flew to New Orleans and helped rebuild houses or volunteered at a homeless shelter, or made a huge donation to a battered women's shelter.

A lot f celebrities take a lot of their instruction for their strange acts from higher-ups, who never appear in the public eye. But did you hear about Kanye West asking for his carpet in his dressing room to be Ironed before he stepped foot into it? What the hell lol???

#37 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

A lot f celebrities take a lot of their instruction for their strange acts from higher-ups, who never appear in the public eye. But did you hear about Kanye West asking for his carpet in his dressing room to be Ironed before he stepped foot into it? What the hell lol???

No, but I heard that Kanye wants to sue a designer because Kanye invented leather jogging pants 6 years ago and now they exist and he didn't get credit for them.

Why would anyone take credit for leather jogging pants? If you jog in them, they get ruined.

#38 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:58 AM

Hahahahah! I don't know what it is. Maybe these celebrities are so bored, because they don't have the troubles that us normal folk have - which means money problems - that they feel like they must make up their own adversities? I mean there wouldn't be much else to do. Maybe that is it lol.

#39 pftsusan

pftsusan

Cordial

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:56 AM

Anyone hear that Zimmerman is free? and was found not guilty? what are your thoughts? personally I think he is guilty.

Zimmerman was as guilty as hell!   I was following that trail all day for writing an article about it.  In the end, he is not free and the Martins will get the justice that they deserve because Zimmerman's wife is bringing him up on abuse charges now. All this after an ungly divorce. She says that she feels for the Marten's too. 

#40 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:56 AM

Anyone hear that Zimmerman is free? and was found not guilty? what are your thoughts? personally I think he is guilty.

Zimmerman was as guilty as hell!   I was following that trail all day for writing an article about it.  In the end, he is not free and the Martins will get the justice that they deserve because Zimmerman's wife is bringing him up on abuse charges now. All this after an ungly divorce. She says that she feels for the Marten's too. 

There was no way that you could call Zimmerman innocent. He followed a black man, against the police' advice, and killed him. He pursued Trayvon and killed him, even though he was told not to. And now that man us dead because Zimmerman refused to listen to reason, but to his racist demons instead. If ZImmerman had been black, they would have given him life.