#1 90s

90s

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:14 PM

Official Website 

Synopsis from IMDB

SPOILER: Orphan Black follows outsider, orphan and street-wise chameleon Sarah. After witnessing a woman's suicide, Sarah assumes the strangers identity - who happens to look just like her. Expecting to solve all her problems by cleaning out the dead woman's savings, Sarah is instead thrust headlong into a kaleidoscopic mystery as she realizes the dizzying truth - she and the dead woman are clones. As Sarah searches for answers, she discovers the chilling fact that there are more people like her out there - genetically identical individuals who were planted in unsuspecting birth parents and nurtured in completely different circumstances. With no idea who created the clones, she'll need to discover the reason in a hurry as an assassin is killing them one by one.

#2 90s

90s

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:07 PM

Love Alison.

Welcome back show.

Love Felix.

Love Cosima.

Love Sara.

I was mad at Sara for setting Alison to be kidnapped, but her reaction was precisely why Sarah used her. Ali will never go down without a fight.

Cosima better be okay. Helena too.

#3 dethdealer24

dethdealer24

Cordial

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:50 PM

I actually watched the first episode of this, and i have to say i could not get into it. The concept was cool and I thought the main character was good, but there was just something about this show that just bored me. It did not grab my eye at all. I have heard it does get better so i might try to give it another shot sometime in the future, but not anytime soon.

#4 Pooki

Pooki

Friendly

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:34 PM

I just finished watching the first  three episodes on VOD.  It is more addicting than sex

1. Sara is one messed up character. I was SHOCKED she screwed Paul to throw him off her scent the first day she met him. 

2. All her clones are well defined, the soccer mom aka hardassed bitch is my favorite clone

3. Alex makes my sides hurt. Every word out of his mouth is hilarious 

5. I miss Vic. I hope he comes back but I don't see it working out well with Sara going around as Beth now

6. Beth's partner is going to find out soon isn't he. He has to

#5 adonis

adonis

Cordial

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:28 PM

Glad to see a thread for Orphan Black. I am savoring it, on the 4th episode now. Will watch two more episodes this weekend.

It is one of the best premier season in a long time. Tatiana Maslany is doing quite an amazing job. Such a shame she wasn't nominated for an Emmy. She should have nabbed one for her portrayal of Alison or Helena. 

Alison is like a keg on the brink of exploding. She is wound up so tight, she could explode at any minute. She and Felix are damn fine pair. The comedy they provide is a perfect balance for a rather dark premise 

I fear for Art, Beth's partner. He will be a casualty I am sure

I am just blown away by the lead actress 

#6 Aberdeen

Aberdeen

Friendly

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:02 AM

YES!

My favorite new show in the time of ever. 

I watched all 10 episodes in 2 days. It is not that hard when you are determined like me. I am  starting from the beginning.

I'll try not to spoil too much. At first I thought Paul was the weakest link. He was so stoic and wooden but has a reason for being that way. It started to make sense when they showed his military background

The main character is such a perfect anti-heroine. I love a show that is not afraid of making their main lead morally ambiguous. Alison is my favorite too but I love Sarah

Helena is lovable in all her nutty glory 

I think Beth was Alison's security blanket. Those two must have gotten closer because Alison was upset when she found out she was dead. She had the oddest reaction when Sarah sleeping with Paul came out. Cosima's "that is complicated" was too funny

#7 Pooki

Pooki

Friendly

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:30 AM

Look at her with her well deserved Critics Choice Award

hi-tatiana-maslany.jpg

#8 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:31 PM

I didn't want to come to this thread until I finished watching but I just have to drop by to say how impressed I am by Tatiana. She deserves all the accolades she is getting. Her and makeup help the transformation but traits she gives every clone is her work alone

I wasn't sold on Cosima and Delphine's insta love but I buy Paul and Sarah's. I think he was in lust with the new "Beth" so the heighten situation they found themselves from when she found out he was her monitor make them developing feelings for each other plausible

Meanwhile Cosima and Delphine's. Delphine isn't even a lesbian! 

#9 MercyL

MercyL

Cordial

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:32 PM

Orphan Black is the best show I have seen, so far, from  BBC America. I get so invovled in keeping up with the clones that I have to consciously relax my muscles during commercial breaks.

Tatiana is one hell of an actress! I just wonder if the peole casting the show had considered an established actor for the lead, or if someone saw Tatiana in another show and found some deep dark inspiration, but she must be the luckiest actress on earth, right now.

#10 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:02 PM

Season 2 premieres April 19th on BBC America. I'm looking forward to the discussion here if we all watch at the same time. Thanks to Cybagem for turning me on to this show.

Season 2 teaser video enclosed in the following link.

http://insidetv.ew.c...teaser-trailer/

#11 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:21 PM

Sneak peak #5

http://instagram.com/p/lCy0sLrV15/

#12 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:27 AM

I haven't seen this show yet but it looks absolutely amazing. Tatiana Maslany is a phenomenal actress to be able to play so many characters, especially ones that have to react to each other.

#13 Aberdeen

Aberdeen

Friendly

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:25 PM

Is it April 19th yet?

orphanblack_cast_season2_600.jpg?w=625

#14 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:02 PM

I am so ready for this.

I'll be marathoning with a friend the weekend before season 2. I miss Alison, she quickly became my favorite clone after Sara. 

#15 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:50 AM

I asked my friend if he had any show recs for me and he mentioned this show. I have seen a few things about it before, but never enough to get into it. It does seem kind of science-fiction-y?

I think he kind of sees me as a dweeb so I was kind of offended, but whatever. If the shows is cool then it is a cool show.

#16 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:36 PM

Back tonight at 9 pm on BBC America.

#17 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:13 PM

I totally forgot.

Watching now!

High strung Alison is my favorite of all the clones.

Paul and Sara are sooooooo hot. I thought they were going for each other after she pistole whipped him.

I knew Sara was impersonating Cosima as soon as she walked into the conference. It is a testament of Tatiana Maslany's talent that I noticed that small traits.

How much do I LOVE that Sara turned to Art.

Edited by Cybagem, 19 April 2014 - 09:10 PM.

#18 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:12 AM

ON tumblr I have seen so many meme's for this show. One of them is that apparently you never quite know which character is which? Sounds mighty confusing. Well at least the cast members are attractive lol.

#19 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:17 PM

I have to rewatch this one. There were too many new characters who seem important. 

Siobhan is a badass. Sara acted rash in taking Kira away from her. I don't believe she is a danger to Kira. 

I am fascinated with Felix' ass. Last week, he had on an ass bearing pants, this week, he went without one. 

Love Alison but the play is boring. Tatiana looked lovely at Ainsley's funeral.

#20 Pooki

Pooki

Friendly

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:32 PM

Sara made a good call to take Kira away ... for now. She may not have been in danger with Siobhan but she brought her to people who meant to harm them. She wouldn't have known they were foes if Sara hadn't left.

I missed pretty Paul.

The previews looked dull.