• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:38 AM

I still haven't checked this show out! Blasphemous, I know, but I'm definitely gonna check it out as soon as possible. I've probably spoiled myself for a lot of stuff reading this thread but oh well!

#42 aimerz

aimerz

Cordial

• 16 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:01 AM

This is by far my favorite show. I do think the first season was better then the second, but I still can't wait for the third. I thought it was pretty cool when they revealed the male clone at the end of the 2nd season! I was not expecting that at all. Although I must admit, there are a lot of things in this show that are unexpected. That is of course one of the things that makes it so good. There are so many shows on TV that are so predible and boring. I am glad I started watching Orphan Black on amazon prime.

#43 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:07 PM

This is by far my favorite show. I do think the first season was better then the second, but I still can't wait for the third. I thought it was pretty cool when they revealed the male clone at the end of the 2nd season! I was not expecting that at all.

See, I think the male clone is when the show jumped the shark. It ruined Felix and the girls' sibling like bond when they tried to get them to make out. That was disgusting.

#44 Acccessories

Acccessories

Noob

• 4 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:02 PM

This is by far my favorite show. I do think the first season was better then the second, but I still can't wait for the third. I thought it was pretty cool when they revealed the male clone at the end of the 2nd season! I was not expecting that at all.

See, I think the male clone is when the show jumped the shark. It ruined Felix and the girls' sibling like bond when they tried to get them to make out. That was disgusting.

I think that Aimerz was actually talking about the male line of clones, the Mark look-a-likes (the Project Castor clones), not Tony (the transsexual Project Leda clone).

I agree with the inclusion of Tony being a real misstep for me. Including him for only one episode, having him kiss Felix, and the unconvincing female-to-male transformation all struck me as major mistakes. Normally, Tatiana Maslany can do no wrong by me... but I did not find that character compelling or convincing in any way, compared to how strongly I feel about the others, even when they are first introduced.

Of course, I may be wrong, and maybe that plot thread will go somewhere... but I have a feeling we won't be seeing more of Tony in season 3. There is way too much to focus on with the Project Castor reveal at the end of the finale.

#45 DiskC

DiskC

Noob

• 2 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:15 AM

I think that Aimerz was actually talking about the male line of clones, the Mark look-a-likes (the Project Castor clones), not Tony (the transsexual Project Leda clone).

I agree with the inclusion of Tony being a real misstep for me. Including him for only one episode, having him kiss Felix, and the unconvincing female-to-male transformation all struck me as major mistakes. Normally, Tatiana Maslany can do no wrong by me... but I did not find that character compelling or convincing in any way, compared to how strongly I feel about the others, even when they are first introduced.

Of course, I may be wrong, and maybe that plot thread will go somewhere... but I have a feeling we won't be seeing more of Tony in season 3. There is way too much to focus on with the Project Castor reveal at the end of the finale.

Tatiana Maslany has quickly become my favorite actress on TV, but I do agree that her potrayal of Tony was poorly executed. I personally blame the writers for that one, though. I think she probably didn't want to portray a transgendered character in a way that could be taken offensively, so that crippled her ability. I wasn't a huge fan of the makeup or wardrobe they gave him either.

The Project Castor reveal worries me for a lot of reasons, but it has nothing to do with the direction of the plot. Orphan Black is still very much a small show that hasn't gained the following it deserves. If the guy playing the new set of clones screws it up, there's no telling what will happen to OB. The good news is,we all know Tatiana has a very long career ahead of her either way. I can't believe she hasn't won an Emmy. That's insane!

#46 Aberdeen

Aberdeen

Friendly

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:15 PM

I know! They keep handing the Emmys to vets who don't always deserve it. I love me some veterans but it feels like they win for work not necessarily Emmy worthy but because of their fame.

Tony was a dud from A-Z. The wordrobe was bad enough, the kissing between Felix was way worse. 

Edited by Aberdeen, 25 October 2014 - 12:15 PM.

#47 askanison

askanison

Cordial

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 11:27 AM

Anyone know when the next season is supposed to start back up? I am having clone club withdrawals and reruns can only keep me happy for so long LOL. I don't think they realize that when they took Helena into custody that she is going to probably be way more hard to handle then they think. I hope Sarah doesn't just let her rot and get herself free. I was really enjoying how the both of them were bonding. Cannot wait for more!

#48 Aberdeen

Aberdeen

Friendly

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:12 PM

Anyone know when the next season is supposed to start back up? I am having clone club withdrawals and reruns can only keep me happy for so long LOL. I don't think they realize that when they took Helena into custody that she is going to probably be way more hard to handle then they think. I hope Sarah doesn't just let her rot and get herself free. I was really enjoying how the both of them were bonding. Cannot wait for more!

Spring of 2015 according to THR

http://m.hollywoodre.../view/id/385207

#49 askanison

askanison

Cordial

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:47 AM

Spring of 2015 according to THR

http://m.hollywoodre.../view/id/385207

Well guess I will be binge watching the first two seasons all over again for awhile then. I was hoping they would start back up sooer than that. I wonder if they are planning any crossover media like books and stuff? I would like to read about the projects early days.

#50 sammien94

sammien94

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:36 AM

Omg how is this forum not BUZZING right now?? There's been lots of new goodies released. Have you guys seen that new clip of the phone call?? I missed these characters so much

#51 Pooki

Pooki

Friendly

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 11:02 PM

They killed Paul.

He took a whole compound of dirty soldiers with him but it hurts that he is still dead. I secretly wish he was Sara's endgame.