6 replies to this topic

#1 AyeManda

AyeManda

Cordial

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:16 PM

32546.jpgOFFICIAL WEBSITE

The new ABC Family original mystery series Twisted centers on a charismatic 16-year-old with a troubled past, who recently reconnected with his two female best friends from childhood. He becomes the prime suspect when a fellow student is surprisingly found dead in her home. The series is executive produced by Gavin Polone, David Babcock and Adam Milch, who also wrote the pilot. The drama stars Avan Jogia, Maddie Hasson, Kylie Bunbury, Kimberly Quinn, Sam Robards, Ashton Moio and Denise Richards. The series is produced by Prodco, Inc.

Are any of you guys following ABC Family's new drama 'Twisted' with Avan Jogia?  I watched the first two episodes religiously and I was really into it, and then I realized that the network had hyped it up way more than they should have.  I skipped like two episodes and then began watching it again, and realized I hadn't really missed anything.  The series is moving extremely slow.  Seven episodes have passed and we still don't really know anything about Danny's Dad, Regina's death, or why Danny killed his Aunt.  I don't think I am the only one feeling this way, the ratings have dropped drastically since the show began. 

Edited by Arya Stark, 24 July 2013 - 11:27 PM.
Edited to include shows' infomation

#2 dethdealer24

dethdealer24

Cordial

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:42 PM

Are any of you guys following ABC Family's new drama 'Twisted' with Avan Jogia?  I watched the first two episodes religiously and I was really into it, and then I realized that the network had hyped it up way more than they should have.  I skipped like two episodes and then began watching it again, and realized I hadn't really missed anything.  The series is moving extremely slow.  Seven episodes have passed and we still don't really know anything about Danny's Dad, Regina's death, or why Danny killed his Aunt.  I don't think I am the only one feeling this way, the ratings have dropped drastically since the show began. 

Actually i am digging it. I didn't even realize that 7 episodes have passed already. I like the love triangle they are creating, and I think that they are just starting to touch upon why Danny killed tara. I hope this gets renewed because i think that once the ball really gets rolling, it could be just as good as Pretty Litlle liars.

#3 AyeManda

AyeManda

Cordial

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:46 PM

Actually i am digging it. I didn't even realize that 7 episodes have passed already. I like the love triangle they are creating, and I think that they are just starting to touch upon why Danny killed tara. I hope this gets renewed because i think that once the ball really gets rolling, it could be just as good as Pretty Litlle liars.

It's funny that you compared it to Pretty Little Liars.  I love Pretty Little Liars, but I also loved The Lying Game EVEN more.  Twisted definitely has potential, and in a few seasons I could see myself getting sucked in (I think the beginning has just been a little slow since this is its first season and they have tons of storylines and characters to establish).  I have a feeling Twisted is going to end up going down the same path as The Lying Game though.  I think that airing any new series in the timeslot following PLL is show suicide.  A lot of people think that it will help the numbers running after such a successful series, but I think it hurts new shows more than it helps it.  PLL is a veteran and has legions of loyal fans, if they watch Twisted directly after PLL it is impossible not to compare the two.  The Lying Game was a great show, and I liked it because I felt that it was intended for a more mature audience than PLL, but no one gave it a chance because they thought it was lame compared to PLL. 

#4 Clockword

Clockword

Shy

• 5 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:56 PM

I've been watching Twisted! I agree with you that they've been moving a bit slow. I don't mind yet, but it doesn't bound entirely well for how likely it is we'll ever get answers to the mysteries in a reasonable time-frame. But I've still really been enjoying it.

I think Avan Jogia is fantastic in it. I think it's pretty impressive how he can just use his expressions to cause viewers to doubt whether or not he could be sociopath. I'm basically 90% sure he's not. But Avan's acting has caused be to doubt about as much as I could.

I definitely understand the comparisons to PPL. I think one definitely inspired and lead to the other. I'm hoping it stays a bit more grounded then PPL though and that we end up moving a little faster with the story.

That being said, the mid-season finale was pretty good. Can't wait for January and more episodes!

#5 wickedshizuku27

wickedshizuku27

Cordial

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:24 AM

WOW wow wowoweeoohhhh! This has been an absolute delight to find a show this deep. I haven't run across anything as mysterious as this show has presented itself. 

The cinematography was done very well with excellently timed lighting. These characters are very insightful on a whole array of topics.

The murder investigation that centers around the teens kept me on edge a little. I think I enjoyed that aspect a little bit better. I hope that everyone enjoys this, but I don't have a lot of hope that this show will last only 2 or 3 seasons. I always have shows that I like get cancelled; please don't let this be the case. 

#6 Charli1908

Charli1908

Cordial

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:19 AM

32546.jpgOFFICIAL WEBSITE

The new ABC Family original mystery series Twisted centers on a charismatic 16-year-old with a troubled past, who recently reconnected with his two female best friends from childhood. He becomes the prime suspect when a fellow student is surprisingly found dead in her home. The series is executive produced by Gavin Polone, David Babcock and Adam Milch, who also wrote the pilot. The drama stars Avan Jogia, Maddie Hasson, Kylie Bunbury, Kimberly Quinn, Sam Robards, Ashton Moio and Denise Richards. The series is produced by Prodco, Inc.

Yes! I watched the first season via Netflix not too long ago and honestly enjoyed it. You're right, it was a little slow as I think the season could have been shortened; and then I was upset at how the season end because I felt nothing was really accomplished. But needless to say, I'm patiently waiting on Season 2 premiere in February. I think the 17th. It just left me with too many questions! 

#7 Phoenix360

Phoenix360

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:17 AM

Words can't express how disappointed I was to hear that Twisted was cancelled. This show was fantastic entertainment for me once I discovered it on Netflix and I became wrapped up and invested in the characters and the way they were weaving the plot, though they eventually and unfortunately dissolved Danny as a mystery and made him all normal. Then they go and make some big cliffhanger season finale only to not bring the show back for another season. I lose respect for networks when they do that, especially for a show that also got an award. I can't believe not even Netflix picked it up. How sad.