• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 beastsbeauty

beastsbeauty

Cordial

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:03 PM

Up All Night is a new series about the joys and frustrations of parenthood. Up All Night stars Christina Applegate as Reagan, Will Arnett as Chris, and Maya Rudolph as Ava.

Reagan and Chris are new parents of baby Amy. With the support of Chris, Reagan returns to work for talk show host Ava, while attempting to manage motherhood, being a wife, and living up to her career expectations.

The show follows Reagan and Chris through a series of unfortunate events that manage to enlighten them and bring everyone together by the end of the 30 minutes.

Mixed with raw humor and a realistic approach to parenthood, Up All Night is definitely worth checking out.

#2 RemoteStealer

RemoteStealer

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:46 PM

I caught an episode of this show and found it quite funny actually especially since I'm a parent and remember when my son was that age. Christina Applegate has really grown up since she starred in Married With Children as the wise cracking promiscuous teen. I know the other characters found gigs later that didn't last (Katey Sagal comes to mind playing Lela on Futurama) but I see Ms. Applegate has found steady work since MWC. Glad to see her in a grown up role too, I think she carries it off nicely.

#3 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

I caught an episode of this show and found it quite funny actually especially since I'm a parent and remember when my son was that age. Christina Applegate has really grown up since she starred in Married With Children as the wise cracking promiscuous teen. I know the other characters found gigs later that didn't last (Katey Sagal comes to mind playing Lela on Futurama) but I see Ms. Applegate has found steady work since MWC. Glad to see her in a grown up role too, I think she carries it off nicely.

Well, Ed O'Neil has finally found success with Modern Family. Also, don't knock Futurama is still on with new episodes on Comedy Central. So both O'Neil and Segal have found other work since their day on Married with Children along with Applegate. Don't know what happened to the actor who played their son, he does seem to have fallen off the radar though.

As for Applegate's program Up All Night, I think I preferred her sitcom before this one Samantha Who, this one to me had more plot developments to take in different directions. Where as with Up All Night, we're talking about new parents and the issues with new parenthood. How long can such a concept last? Not for very long, either TPTB of this sitcom take the show in another direction like was done with Cougar Town,or the couple gets pregnant again. But then how long can you keep this going?

#4 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

Disappointed. I opened this thread, and believed USA was bringing back their USA "Up All Night" show from the old days. Where they'd show cool horror movies and have C to D-list celebrities hosting said movies. Thanks for nothing... :P

#5 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:24 AM

I have seen a few episodes of it and it's another show that is very hit or miss. They have some great quotes, but then it falls flat elsewhere.

It's kind of a strange set of actor choices for me, too. I like them, but I never would've put them together.