Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:12 PM

HeroesLogo.jpg

#2 NatureSun

NatureSun

Friendly

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:11 AM

One of the best scifi shows in recent times. It was a shame it suffered a lot because of the writer's strike which really ruined it later on. But the first few seasons were absolutely brilliant.

They're actually bringing back this show in comic form and will continue from volume 6, right where they left off in the TV version. The first few comics are said to be focussed on Claire, Hiro Nakamura and Sylar.

Hopefully it will return to the brilliant form it had before. Volume 6 really sounds so promising.

#3 Peter7

Peter7

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:18 AM

I never really got into this for some reason. I'm a huge sci-fi fan but this just didn't manage to catch my attention.

#4 NatureSun

NatureSun

Friendly

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:47 AM

I never really got into this for some reason. I'm a huge sci-fi fan but this just didn't manage to catch my attention.

Give it a try dude. Even I didn't think it would be that interesting. But once I started watching it I just couldn't stop. You know the saying that the villain makes the show? Well let me tell you Sylar is one of THE best villains to ever be in a show.

Zachary Quinto is just a genius!

#5 Peter7

Peter7

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:43 AM

I might give it a try one day but for the moment I have way too many series and movies to watch. But I'll definitely keep this in mind when looking for new ones.

#6 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:48 AM

I LOVED this show and it was just run over by the writer's strike. What a complete and utter waste of a show and a concept. It could have been one of the best TV series ever in the history of television. I was told that there was going to be a movie? Does anybody know what is happening with this, or should I just give up all hope that this is ever going to be wrapped up into a real ending?

#7 NatureSun

NatureSun

Friendly

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:09 AM

I LOVED this show and it was just run over by the writer's strike. What a complete and utter waste of a show and a concept. It could have been one of the best TV series ever in the history of television. I was told that there was going to be a movie? Does anybody know what is happening with this, or should I just give up all hope that this is ever going to be wrapped up into a real ending?

As I said in my first post, they're bringing back the series in comic book form.

They'll start from volume 6 and start exactly where they left off. The first few editions will focus on Claire, Hiro and Sylar.

#8 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:59 AM

As I said in my first post, they're bringing back the series in comic book form.

They'll start from volume 6 and start exactly where they left off. The first few editions will focus on Claire, Hiro and Sylar.

I had read your first post, and I am not interested in any comic book I was referring to any kind of movie or even webisodes if possible. something that I can watch. I understand that like Dexter Heroes was already a comic book before they blew up, but I just feel cheapened by how they left that crappy ending. I can't believe they are selling the boxset after how unprofessional the ending was.

#9 NatureSun

NatureSun

Friendly

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:21 AM

I had read your first post, and I am not interested in any comic book I was referring to any kind of movie or even webisodes if possible. something that I can watch. I understand that like Dexter Heroes was already a comic book before they blew up, but I just feel cheapened by how they left that crappy ending. I can't believe they are selling the boxset after how unprofessional the ending was.

I haven't heard of any movie being made and I'm pretty sure that it won't get a movie. What was happening was the show being picked up by Amazon or Netflix or something. But that also didn't work out.

And I think you got your facts wrong. Yes there is a Dexter Book series which is also currently ongoing with the first season being inspired by the first book. But since then the show has pretty much gone its own route.

However, there was never a Heroes comic or book series. Heroes was made to be a TV show. The new comics however will start getting published from volume 6 sometime this year.

#10 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:19 AM

I haven't heard of any movie being made and I'm pretty sure that it won't get a movie. What was happening was the show being picked up by Amazon or Netflix or something. But that also didn't work out.

And I think you got your facts wrong. Yes there is a Dexter Book series which is also currently ongoing with the first season being inspired by the first book. But since then the show has pretty much gone its own route.

However, there was never a Heroes comic or book series. Heroes was made to be a TV show. The new comics however will start getting published from volume 6 sometime this year.

I know that about Dexter. I heard that Deb and Dexter kill together in the comic books, and this 8th series kind of follows that a little bit. All I heard about Heroes was that there was a comic book out for it. That is all I know. But I also know that I am not interested in any comic book version of it. It is just sad knowing that I will never get an ending.

#11 Peter7

Peter7

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:06 AM

That's kind of how I feel, not interested in comic books at all.

I guess that makes this series not worth trying out... it might be good but if it stops quickly and has no real ending... no thanks.

#12 BWR

BWR

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:10 PM

I didn't know about the Heroes comics! I think that it would be interesting to see what happens next in the Heroes Universe. I did not like how the show went during the last season but I still the premise is really interesting and highly entertaining. Heroes had great potential but I somehow felt that Sylar was far more interesting than any of the good heroes (except Hiro Nakamura). Zachary Pinto does make an intelligent if somewhat creepy villain!

#13 NatureSun

NatureSun

Friendly

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:42 AM

I didn't know about the Heroes comics! I think that it would be interesting to see what happens next in the Heroes Universe. I did not like how the show went during the last season but I still the premise is really interesting and highly entertaining. Heroes had great potential but I somehow felt that Sylar was far more interesting than any of the good heroes (except Hiro Nakamura). Zachary Pinto does make an intelligent if somewhat creepy villain!

It's Zachary Quinto! And yes, I agree! He is THE best villain a TV show has ever had. He was just such a complex character. Even in first season I liked him so much.

I know that about Dexter. I heard that Deb and Dexter kill together in the comic books, and this 8th series kind of follows that a little bit. All I heard about Heroes was that there was a comic book out for it. That is all I know. But I also know that I am not interested in any comic book version of it. It is just sad knowing that I will never get an ending.

Well...that's your choice then. "You" might never get an ending, but if these comics take off and bring a proper end to the series, it's still an ending and ready for anyone to read if they're interested.

#14 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:02 AM

I am quite aware that it is my choice, hence why I was not happy about the fact that 'I' would never get an ending. Just seems like the biggest cop out ever. heroes had the potential to be one of the best shows ever and they completely flopped. Now that title goes to Dexter, because that show is just epicness personified times one thousand.

#15 NatureSun

NatureSun

Friendly

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:57 AM

I am quite aware that it is my choice, hence why I was not happy about the fact that 'I' would never get an ending. Just seems like the biggest cop out ever. heroes had the potential to be one of the best shows ever and they completely flopped. Now that title goes to Dexter, because that show is just epicness personified times one thousand.

Sorry, I didn't get your last line. Did you mean Dexter is epic or Dexter had the potential to be epic?

Anyways, talking about Dexter, that show was so amazing in it's earlier seasons. Even the previous season was just so epic. One of the best I will say. Dexter for sure is up there with my choice of greatest dramas. However, the current season...that is just a mess.

It seems like the true serial killers are the season 8 writers, as they have completely killed the serial. I can only hope they redeem themselves in the last 3 episodes.

As for Heroes, yea it's a shame it couldn't get picked up again by any of the networks...but atleast we are getting something...

#16 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:15 AM

Sorry, I didn't get your last line. Did you mean Dexter is epic or Dexter had the potential to be epic?

Anyways, talking about Dexter, that show was so amazing in it's earlier seasons. Even the previous season was just so epic. One of the best I will say. Dexter for sure is up there with my choice of greatest dramas. However, the current season...that is just a mess.

It seems like the true serial killers are the season 8 writers, as they have completely killed the serial. I can only hope they redeem themselves in the last 3 episodes.

As for Heroes, yea it's a shame it couldn't get picked up again by any of the networks...but atleast we are getting something...

I meant that Heroes had the potential to be EPIC, but that the true epicness crown now goes to Dexter. BUT I have to agree with you at this point in season eight of Dexter that it is not what I thought it would be. They usually pull it out of the bag and make it a slam dunk every season, but this last season is just not giving me what I want, or what I know to be Dexter. It is sad because it is the last season, and I wanted it to end on a massive high :(

Still my favorite TV show that is fictional though.

Edited by pipergale, 31 August 2013 - 04:15 AM.

#17 BWR

BWR

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:59 AM

Dexter is one of my favorites too! I guess it was unfortunate that "Heroes" had to suffer because of the writers' strike and all. I am looking forward to the comics though, I think it would be nice to see how it all ends. I am betting that there is going to be a lot of both loss and gain for our main characters.

#18 NatureSun

NatureSun

Friendly

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:56 AM

Dexter is one of my favorites too! I guess it was unfortunate that "Heroes" had to suffer because of the writers' strike and all. I am looking forward to the comics though, I think it would be nice to see how it all ends. I am betting that there is going to be a lot of both loss and gain for our main characters.

Loss and gain? In what sense?

They revealed themselves to the media, to the world. It will be interesting to see how the world reacts, but I doubt they will accept them with open arms.

#19 momma24bratz

momma24bratz

Cordial

• 18 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:16 PM

I absolutely loved this show. Even the last two seasons. I will agree that season 1 and 2 were better than the second two but I still loved them. I would love to get this comic, when is it supposed to come out and where would I be able to find it. Of course it will not be the same as watching it on tv but I do want to finish the story. It really left off with out wrapping anything up. They just cut the show off and set it up as though there would be more to the story but nope. Last episode Claire jumped off a ride in front of thousands of people exposing her ability. With the episodes before it where the world found out about abilities they had put them in camps and were afraid of them so I just wondered where it was going to go from there. Any way let me know about this comic. Thanks

#20 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:56 PM

Everyone was bummed when Heroes was cancelled. Well I have just heard that there is going to be a continuation coming on TV soon :) Apparently it is going to be called Heroes Reborn. I cannot WAIT!!!