• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Sansa Stark

Sansa Stark

Staff

• Moderators
  • 174 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:33 PM

Does anyone care about this show anymore?

103416_d0115b.jpg

Amazing Race 23 Cast!

11 teams will embark on a sprint around the globe for $1 million dollars on the new season of THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Sept. 29 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Teams will travel through 4 continents, 9 countries, spanning over 35,000 miles where they will paraglide high above the skies of Iquique, Chile, subject themselves to a bone-chilling plunge in Norway and buckle up for Formula Racing in Abu Dhabi. Pictured: Top Row, L-R: Chester and Ephraim, Rowan and Shane, Jamal and Leo, Brandon and Adam, Nicole and Trvis, Danny and Tim; Botton Row, L-R: Nicole and Kim, Tim and Marie, Jason and Amy, Ally and Ashley, Naina and Hoskote

Cast Profiles

Meet the Teams

#2 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:40 PM

Since no one is watching this season, today we got good spoilers for TAR 24.

tar24spoiler1.png

tar24spoiler2.png

tar24spoiler3.png

The teams spoiled so far by @MissCleo_BB15:

-Cowboys (Jet and Cord TAR16 & 18)

-Brenchel (Brendon and Rachel TAR20)

-Snowboarders (Andy and Tommy TAR19)

-Chippendales (Jaymes and James TAR21)
-Twinnies (Natalie and Nadiya TAR21)
-Team YouTube (Joey and Meghan TAR22)

No Brooke & Claire (TAR 17). Miss Cleo reported today that the Chippendales are no longer on the list to return. The Cowboys are reportedly the only teams returning pre TAR18: Unfinished Business.

#3 Ceena

Ceena

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:38 PM

Since no one is watching this season, today we got good spoilers for TAR 24.

tar24spoiler1.png

tar24spoiler2.png

tar24spoiler3.png

The teams spoiled so far by @MissCleo_BB15:

-Cowboys (Jet and Cord TAR16 & 18)

-Brenchel (Brendon and Rachel TAR20)

-Snowboarders (Andy and Tommy TAR19)

-Chippendales (Jaymes and James TAR21)
-Twinnies (Natalie and Nadiya TAR21)
-Team YouTube (Joey and Meghan TAR22)

No Brooke & Claire (TAR 17). Miss Cleo reported today that the Chippendales are no longer on the list to return. The Cowboys are reportedly the only teams returning pre TAR18: Unfinished Business.

Weren't the cowboys in another All Stars? Redeeming something or another?

CBS love Brenchel ....

#4 TABL

TABL

Cordial

• 19 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

I love the Amazing Race!  I think it's a great show to watch as a family.  My kids get to see other countries, and we love watching the challenges.  Of course, just watching the groups interact is fun in itself!  They can be pretty nasty to eachother.

While I don't watch the show regularly, I'm very happy when I do catch it.  Thank you for the updates.

#5 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

I’ve been following this season so far. I’m not really die-hard for this show anymore, but it airs before The Good Wife so I continue to watch it. Nonetheless, I will look forward to watching Brenchel run the race again.

#6 Delle LeClair

Delle LeClair

Shy

• 5 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:35 PM

I only ever watched the first season of The Amazing Race. It's not that I didn't like the show, I did. I just had a lot of other shows at the time I guess. The season that I did watch was pretty awesome though. I love the travel aspect of it, and all of the stuff that you learn while you play it. It's definitely quite the challenge though. I think I may see what the next season is like the next time that it's on.

#7 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:30 PM

TAR 24 unfinished business part 2/all stars season started filming yesterday. Teams were spotted today at the airport in Taiwan.

503f53ec4fdd11e387150af7dd8f2b46_8.jpg

Yes that is Marge below from Marge & Luke. One of three teams returning for the third time to race. The Globetrotters and Cowboys are the other third timers.

3b34af444fd611e396070e2be03cb0ab_8.jpg

#8 Reality Junkie

Reality Junkie

Friendly

• Members
  • 675 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:35 PM

Is that Branchel?

They've surpassed Jeff and Jordan as CBSs darling couple if it is them.

#9 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:00 PM

Of course it's Brenchel!

#10 Franzy

Franzy

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:14 PM

Is that Branchel?

Jeff is still CBS' golden boy. I will bet my whole paycheck he'll be back for a BB All Stars.

#11 ShootingBlanks

ShootingBlanks

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:15 PM

Is that Branchel?

Jeff is. The could, Jeff and Jordan, aren't. Frankly, they didn't add anything to TAR 16. 

#12 Rico

Rico

Noob

• 3 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:29 AM

This season hasn't been very good. My problem is that most of the teams aren't likable. The two teams that I sort of liked were eliminated from the race early, so that's a shame. I still enjoy the show for the locations and challenges. Although, season 24 is looking to be good! I like the cowboys and snowboarders, will be rooting for them.

#13 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:35 PM

Final 3 teams and winners of TAR 24 All Stars are listed inside the spoiler tag.

Spoiler

#14 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:40 PM

The Cowboys, Globetrotters, and Margie & Luke, ugh! None are deserving of a third time.

#15 GrodnersPet

GrodnersPet

Friendly

• Members
  • 554 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:00 PM

The Cowboys, Globetrotters, and Margie & Luke, ugh! None are deserving of a third time.

I'm in agreement except for the globetrotter. 

The cowboys' fame is the most puzzling to me.

#16 squareeyes89

squareeyes89

Cordial

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:33 PM

Yes, while I don't watch every episode religously anymore, the Amazing Race is still one of my favorite reality shows as travel is one of my passions in life and it's interesting to be able to see different parts of the world. Although the representations aren't always acurate I remember one episode filmed in New Zealand, where I live and one of the challenges was to get covered in sticky molasses and carry eggs through an obstacle course that looks like it's meant for dogs. The Amazing Race reffered to this activity by a hillarious name and my family members were all laughing as know one had every heard of this activicty, it was just made up for the show, although the Amazing Race made it out to be a game that's frequently played in New Zealand ha ha.

I also like watching the different groups handling stress in different ways and interacting with each other. There are always a few colorful characters ha ha ha.

#17 BBFanAlways

BBFanAlways

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:54 AM

Gotta give it to Rachel and Brandon. They are doing extremely well on the race. I didn't think they'll make it this far.

#18 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:21 PM

Rachel and Brendon are good racers when they are focused. They have a good balance of intelligence and physical ability to run the race well which is why they were able to advance to F3 again. I believe they are the only repeat team to have made it to the final 3 twice.

#19 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:11 PM

Heads up to fans living in NYC or surrounding areas.

Want to be a part of history? The 25th season of The Amazing Race starts this Saturday, May 31st at 3am EST in Times Square in New York City. Show your support and be a part of Amazing Race history by showing up to send off the teams with host Phil Keoghan

Stay tuned for more updates about this special start of the next season of The Amazing Race.

http://www.cbs.com/s...e/news/1002571/

#20 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 03:49 PM

CBS released the names of next season's cast since they invited fans to the starting line.

Two former Survivor cast members are among the teams on the 25th season of The Amazing Race, which began this morning in New York City’s Times Square. CBS has taken the atypical approach of announcing the cast and start of the race on the day it began. The show moves to Friday nights at 8 this fall.Among the cast members are two CBS reality stars: Survivor South Pacific contestants Whitney Duncan and Keith Tollefson, who had an affair on the show that ended her marriage. Whitney divorced her then-husband, and she and Keith are now engaged.Other cast members include pro surfer Bethany Hamilton, who lost her arm to a shark and inspired the film Soul Surfer, which was based on her autobiography; she’s also appeared on shows such as The Biggest LoserAre You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?, and 19 Kids and Counting. She’s competing with her surfer husband Adam Dirks.Here’s the full list of cast members from CBS, which includes pro wrestlers Brooke Adams and Robbie E. Strauss:

Bethany Hamilton and Adam Dirks: Married Surfers from Princeville, Hawaii
Kym Perfetto and Alli Forsythe: Urban Bike Racers from Brooklyn, N.Y.
Amy DeJong and Maya Warren: Food Scientists from Madison, Wisc.
Lisa Thomson and Michelle Thomson: Realtor Sisters from Miami, Fla.
Michael Ward and Scott Strazzullo: Firefighters from Boston, Mass.
Brooke Adams and Robbie E. Strauss: Dating Pro Wrestlers from Houston, Texas and Woodbridge, N.J., respectively.
Tim Tsao and Te Jay McGrath: College Sweethearts from Pasadena, Calif.
Isabelle Du and Dennis Hour: Model and Accountant, respectively, from Tustin, Calif.
Keith Tollefson and Whitney Duncan: Engaged Couple from Nashville, Tenn.
Misti and Jim Raman: Married Dentists from Columbia, S.C.
Shelley and Nici Porter: Mother/Daughter from Detroit, Mich.

Here are some pictures taken by fans.

Bo8gKbbCQAAjPbS.jpg

oUZhM4E.jpg

Bo8gcI0IMAAg1A9.jpg

1cc25a285f5a5d4ac2ab0a5c5ff926cc4e52208.

WZZHcZn.jpg

10308070_10152920018883677_6781586794936

Some related tweets.

.@bethanyhamilton (on far right) pro surfer who lost her arm in a shark attack is a contestant on #AmazingRace #TAR25 pic.twitter.com/cJibDVt0JL

Ron Waxman @RonWaxman  ·  9h

Great stuff! “@TPorter2: @RonWaxman Flipped into @Flipboard Magazine: #AmazingRace #TAR25 NYC Start! Link: http://flip.it/CoTPD 

Ron Waxman @RonWaxman  ·  14h

And they are off on #AmazingRace #TAR25. First clue takes them to the globe in Flushing Meadows park in Queens.

Ron Waxman @RonWaxman  ·  14h

Team that wins first leg wins "Save" which the team can use to avoid elimination any time before the end of the 9th leg. #AmazingRace #TAR25

Aidan Chin @aidanchin  ·  1h

#AmazingRace #TAR25 casts are seen at St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands.