The Amazing Race

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 devichan

devichan

Cordial

• 13 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:53 AM

The premiere of season 25 will be on Friday, 26th September at 8pm US Eastern time. They've moved it to Friday nights in the "death slot." The reason they're giving is that fans complained about football delays, so this takes football out of the equation. I can definitely see their point there, but I am worried about the show's future now. Hopefully it'll be a good enough Race that they'll keep it going despite the timeslot. 25 is a nice round number for them to end the series, though... argh!

What I'm most hoping for is a less model-oriented and less drama llama cast and more of a group of teams I can enjoy watching. I know some people like the schadenfreude. I can respect that. At the same time, if a team's relationship to each other or to other teams is so painful to watch that I can't stand it, I want to tune out. There have been past Races that I just couldn't handle because the teams were all so mean to each other. It's even worse when the teams are jerks to the locals wherever they are.

What I enjoy most is a Race where I can root for every team to win. I want to be tearing up at each Philimination, not saying "Oh, thank goodness those people are off my TV!" Given this season's showing signs the show is in jeopardy, I'll watch regardless... but I hope casting wasn't trying too hard for the drama angle this time.

#22 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:08 PM

New season starting now. I gotta remember to tune in now that it's on Friday night. At least there will never be a football delay again.

#23 GrodnersPet

GrodnersPet

Friendly

• Members
  • 554 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:23 PM

New season starting now. I gotta remember to tune in now that it's on Friday night. At least there will never be a football delay again.

I will never remember the new night. I am used to TAR being on Sundays.

#24 maladjusted

maladjusted

Friendly

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:45 PM

Even after 25 seasons, I'm still enjoying The Amazing Race.  I was surprised to see it come on Friday nights, I was wondering if this is a hint that it might not be on much longer.  However, this season was a good one.  I hated to see the "Dentists" in the finale, I just never liked them, they seemed so fake.  But I was glad to see Bethany Hamilton and boyfriend and the two scientists make it to the finale.  I was really pulling for Bethany Hamilton, she and her boyfriend played the game with grace and intregity, something you don't see a lot of in reality TV.  It was also great to see an all-girl team make it to the finale. 

#25 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:00 PM

New season starts tomorrow night.

This is a random Jeff and Jordan video to promote the new couples season. For the record, they are not on the new season but one of the Backstreet Boys are.

#26 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:28 PM

Jordan looks and acts better with age. She makes me proud.

This makes me want to see them on another season of Big Brother. As busy as I am,  I'll drop everything and watch the feeds as much as I can if they come back to BB.

#27 Reality Junkie

Reality Junkie

Friendly

• Members
  • 675 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:42 PM

That is because she is a gorgeous girl. Her mother is beautiful. Jeff is also aging well.

New season starts tomorrow night.

This is a random Jeff and Jordan video to promote the new couples season. For the record, they are not on the new season but one of the Backstreet Boys are.

I'd watch if they were on this season. That was so fun, and random.

#28 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:01 AM

Jeff looked like he was auditioning for Survivor, tbh.

#29 Ceena

Ceena

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:17 AM

Jeff looked like he was auditioning for Survivor, tbh.

Of course he was.

He will be a star, dammit!

#30 sammien94

sammien94

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:02 AM

So, how did everyone find the premiere? I personally really liked it. The pair that won the first leg seem pretty adorable. Was expecting them to break down first too.

#31 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:36 AM

The blind date twist was actually interesting to watch. I was also suprised to see the blind date couples did better on the first leg of the race than the established couples.

#32 sammien94

sammien94

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:30 AM

The blind date twist was actually interesting to watch. I was also suprised to see the blind date couples did better on the first leg of the race than the established couples.

Well to be fair, there aren't any tough couples this season. They all seem like they'd be weak teams, but maybe that's just because the blind daters are doing so well...

#33 maladjusted

maladjusted

Friendly

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:12 PM

What an unusual "twist" for The Amazing Race - to put blind dates together against established couples.  When I first heard about it, I didn't think I would like it, but I was wrong.  It's actually turning out pretty good.  It's interesting to see that a couple of the blind dates seem to have a little spark between them, while others are just friendly.  I'm amazed that complete strangers are able to get along well enough to do something so exhausting and strenuous as The Amazing Race without killing each other!!  lol  I have to say though, none of the couples are really standing out - good or bad - for me yet.  But, it's still early.  Can't wait to see more exotic places and interesting challenges!!

#34 sammien94

sammien94

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:14 PM

I suspect the blind dates will get interesting once there's conflict. MAYBE then the couples would have a better shot