103519_d0301bc.jpg

OFFICIAL SITE

#2 Jel

Jel

Cordial

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:18 PM

I totally love this show and the characters of Finch and Reese, I cannot wait until it starts up again. I am hoping that romance enters the picture for Reese this season, what would you think of that?

I just checked out their website, thanks for the link there by the way. I see it is being moved to Tuesdays, so it is not going to be up against Grey's Anatomy. That's interesting considering GA beat them in the demo most weeks. Wonder how it will do in it's new time slot.

#3 NatureSun

NatureSun

Friendly

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:11 AM

Great to see this show finally got it's own thread. One of the better dramas on TV currently.

I might be biased here since it's sci-fi. But the premise of this show is one of the best there is right now on TV. It had such humble beginnings...but just look at it now. The Machine is becoming sentient slowly. It's feeling more like Terminator now than PRISM.

I really wish the Machine has an even bigger role in the next season.

#4 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:42 PM

Great to see this show finally got it's own thread. One of the better dramas on TV currently.

I might be biased here since it's sci-fi. But the premise of this show is one of the best there is right now on TV. It had such humble beginnings...but just look at it now. The Machine is becoming sentient slowly. It's feeling more like Terminator now than PRISM.

I totally agree with you about the SCI - FI element of this show. It is a bit reminiscent of Quantum Leap. That show also had a machine that was involved behind the scenes.

I would like to see someone to assist John and his heroics. How about a female fallen solder with some super Tech skills that could be useful to Finch aswell.

#5 NatureSun

NatureSun

Friendly

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:13 PM

I totally agree with you about the SCI - FI element of this show. It is a bit reminiscent of Quantum Leap. That show also had a machine that was involved behind the scenes.

I would like to see someone to assist John and his heroics. How about a female fallen solder with some super Tech skills that could be useful to Finch aswell.

Didn't you watch season 2? Sarah Shahi is now a regular cast member now.

She was in the government organization before which worked along with the Machine, but had no idea of it's existence. She was going to be killed by them, but was saved by Reese.

She's made a few appearances in the show since then, and will return full time next season.

#6 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:20 AM

My brother in law told me that he watched an episode of this, and that if I was looking for shows like Dexter, then I should check it out. I checked it out and was bored out of my mind. Just not my kind of show. Too masculine and boring for me. At least with Dexter there is Deb to kind of balance it out, and there are other female characters here and there.

#7 NatureSun

NatureSun

Friendly

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:25 PM

My brother in law told me that he watched an episode of this, and that if I was looking for shows like Dexter, then I should check it out. I checked it out and was bored out of my mind. Just not my kind of show. Too masculine and boring for me. At least with Dexter there is Deb to kind of balance it out, and there are other female characters here and there.

Nooo! This show is not like Dexter at all! Not even close. I have no idea why he told you that.

However, it is not boring either! This is a very plot driven show so you really need to watch the series to truly appreciate it. Watching a random episode will probably feel boring. And yea..this does have 2 males as leads so can feel a bit masculine. But in season 2 they bring in a recurring actress to balance it out a bit. In season 3 also they have made a female character one of the leads so it might be more to your liking then.

#8 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:05 AM

Nooo! This show is not like Dexter at all! Not even close. I have no idea why he told you that.

However, it is not boring either! This is a very plot driven show so you really need to watch the series to truly appreciate it. Watching a random episode will probably feel boring. And yea..this does have 2 males as leads so can feel a bit masculine. But in season 2 they bring in a recurring actress to balance it out a bit. In season 3 also they have made a female character one of the leads so it might be more to your liking then.

I only ever watched the first episode of season one. I found it really boring. I don't think that it is for me. LOL. I shall slap my brother in law for lying to be about this show being similar to Dexter. I mean, Breaking Bad has two male leads but it still has Skyler and that feminine influence to balance things out and attract more audience members.

#9 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:57 AM

This season is definitely shaking things up . It is so strange to see detective carter back on the beat and wearing a uniform .The new woman on the team is an absolute wild card. Looks like they are going to have a difficult time controlling her, because she is way to ready to shoot someone. I wonder how long it will take before Detective Carter brings her new partner in to the loop.

#10 Jel

Jel

Cordial

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

For those who are finding Person of Interest to be a bit masculine or boring might want to catch up by watching the previous seasons. I think that POI has a good mix within the cast now with Shaw and Root, and of course detective Carter. It is the type of show you do need to watch every week, otherwise you will lose the plot with who is who? It may seem as though it is just a show where they save or try to save their number of the week, however there is a big back story going on and this is the interesting part of the show and ultimately what keeps me tuned in. I am predicting that Root will be back on the loose next week as in episode one she told her shrink she was going to kill him.

#11 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:55 PM

I cannot believe they allowed that crazy Root to escape from the mental hospital. The question is will they be able to capture her in a one week episode, or will they be chasing her for the rest of the season, and how much damage will she do? Maybe this is when Sarah Shahi's violent streak will come in handy.

#12 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:15 AM

For those who are finding Person of Interest to be a bit masculine or boring might want to catch up by watching the previous seasons. I think that POI has a good mix within the cast now with Shaw and Root, and of course detective Carter. It is the type of show you do need to watch every week, otherwise you will lose the plot with who is who? It may seem as though it is just a show where they save or try to save their number of the week, however there is a big back story going on and this is the interesting part of the show and ultimately what keeps me tuned in. I am predicting that Root will be back on the loose next week as in episode one she told her shrink she was going to kill him.

Hey. Thank you for the information. I am currently searching for new things to sink my teeth into, since a lot of the shows that I am watching are coming to an end soon, or have already met their end :( I think I'll just download person of Interest, I didn't really think it to be a show that continued as you described. I thought it was a show that had different story lines each episodes, but it makes sense.

#13 AshleyJoy

AshleyJoy

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:24 PM

Hey. Thank you for the information. I am currently searching for new things to sink my teeth into, since a lot of the shows that I am watching are coming to an end soon, or have already met their end :( I think I'll just download person of Interest, I didn't really think it to be a show that continued as you described. I thought it was a show that had different story lines each episodes, but it makes sense.

I too thought it was a show that had a different story every episode. Maybe it is like Bones, a new case every episode. I found the commercials to look appealing, but I am skeptical about getting into it. 

#14 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:48 AM

I have never actually watched any of the commercials that pertain to the show. At this point, I have given up on trying to get into it. I turned to Sons of Anarchy instead, and I love that show.

#15 AshleyJoy

AshleyJoy

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:34 PM

I have never actually watched any of the commercials that pertain to the show. At this point, I have given up on trying to get into it. I turned to Sons of Anarchy instead, and I love that show.

Oh, Sons of Anarchy. I caught a tiny part of a season ender where a girl stabbed another girl in the head with a giant fork............. A GIANT FORK! A little too bloody for my taste. 

#16 AshleyJoy

AshleyJoy

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:36 PM

Ugh, I screw up and wrote that on the wrong username. By the way, right after the stabbing there was shooting... So much blood. Is every episode so gruesome, or did I just catch it at a scary time??

#17 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:19 AM

Oh, Sons of Anarchy. I caught a tiny part of a season ender where a girl stabbed another girl in the head with a giant fork............. A GIANT FORK! A little too bloody for my taste. 

Yeah, sons of Anarchy is definitely a bit bloody/gory. But it is not gratuitous gore/blood if that makes any sense. it really fits in with the genre and with the lives of the characters. Brilliant show. I am upset because I am nearly all caught up and I am going to have to wait for season 7 to start soon :(

#18 AshleyJoy

AshleyJoy

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:18 AM

Ha, maybe we shouldn't keep talking about Son's of Anarchy on the Person of Interest thread. Ha. I just feel a little ruined to that show because of that scene. Is it on netflix? I know how you feel with the waiting. I get upset when I catch up with a show and then have to wait through all of the crazy hiatuses the shows take. Why do they need so many??? I am still waiting on Grey's Anatomy, Glee, and Once Upon a Time. Plus, two of the shows I am watching now that took a short hiatus a few weeks ago are planning another one. I had no idea it was this finicky throughout the season. 

#19 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:59 AM

I still can't believe that Detective Cater is gone. They did a good job of showing John's sensitive side when he fell apart emotionally after losing her. We got to see that he his so much more than just a hardened killer.

#20 diamondram

diamondram

Noob

• 1 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:45 PM

I must say i have grown to love Person of Interest even thought i started watching it only recently. :wub: