• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:21 AM

When Person of Interest first came out, it was one of my favorite shows. I still watch it, but it's gotten kind of .. weird. I love good conspiracy shows, but the way they act like the machine is some kind of goddess now, might be a bit over the top. I really like the actors, and I will keep watching.

I'm still mad about Joss.

#22 Kendall

Kendall

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 03:37 PM

Yeah, it's definitely a different show and it seemed to happen as soon as Joss took her last breath. The end of last season was actually tedious. The new season has been tolerable. I guess I'm still watching to see how they reshape their operation. I still think their new covers are a little ridiculous to believe as the time constraints are too much for them to also be out and about saving the world.

I will hang in there for now as there is nothing else in the timeslot to make me think otherwise.

#23 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:32 PM

I agree, they are starting to make too many changes. I understand wanting to keep the show fresh , but if they go overboard  they show could become unrecognizable. I can get over Joss being gone , Taraji P. Henson  only wanted to stay on the show for a couple of seasons so she could work on movies. I am not thrilled with the group working regular jobs now , it takes away from their grifter persona .

#24 Kendall

Kendall

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:09 PM

Actually, that company line that she only wanted to stay for a couple of seasons is greatly exaggerated.

If anything, she'd only wanted to leave quickly, if they weren't going to use her, which in the first season, they really didn't.

But, roles are too hard to come by, especially for a black actress for them to hold strong like that towards a popular show.

#25 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 04:07 PM

I agree, they are starting to make too many changes. I understand wanting to keep the show fresh , but if they go overboard  they show could become unrecognizable. I can get over Joss being gone , Taraji P. Henson  only wanted to stay on the show for a couple of seasons so she could work on movies. I am not thrilled with the group working regular jobs now , it takes away from their grifter persona .

Exactly. I don't like it when the show is barely recongnizable. I'd rather have good than "fresh." Sometimes fresh ends up feeling like they're just trying way too hard. I hope the show becomes more entertaining again.

#26 Kendall

Kendall

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 03:12 PM

Last night was actually a good one. Although, I am getting tired of every season there being a new shadowy bad guy that will dominate the season. However, I was suprised enough at the ending, even though I had an inkling of what was going on.

One thing that they need to do is make the character that they introduced from the beginning as working for Samaritan much more distinctive in her look. I couldn't tell if that was her last night or not until it was finally clear that she wasn't. That character would've been the best opportunity to add another obvious minority to the cast versus placing her as the chief of detectives.

#27 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:42 PM

Yes! The latest episode was much better. Hopefully, they continue down the right path. It was an interesting ending.

#28 Kendall

Kendall

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:15 PM

The direction that the show is moving along right now kind of makes a lot of what they did to get here kind of pointless. I get that Samaritan needed to take over to make it seem like they were in danger, but I find it hard to believe that the people working on Samaritan isn't writing code to find them.

Something more than just looking at their faces and simply ignoring them as irrelevant, especially when so many crimes are being resolved in the same manner as they were prior to the takeover. That should set off some sort of algorithim.

#29 askanison

askanison

Cordial

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 04:43 PM

I have loved this show from the beginning. I am enjoying the direction they have gone with the show because the person to save for the week formula was starting to get old with no ongoing threats. I have heard rumblings that Jim Caviezel has expressed an interest to move on from the series and wanted to do other projects. He is a character actor and has been known not to stick to one type of role for any long periods. I hope we will at least get one more season with him after this one. I really want Reese to have a happy ending of sorts. I am loving Root and her continual patter with Shaw. They make an interesting team and it seems Shaw may dislike her, but she trusts her and her connection to the machine. I am not caught up on this season as of yet. I have a few episodes clogging my DVR that I need to get too soon.

#30 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:59 PM

Root and Harold seem to be getting (weirdly) close. I hope it's just a friendly affection. They should not hook up. Ewww.

Anyone else have an opinion on this?

Edited by Zyni, 03 November 2014 - 08:59 PM.

#31 Kendall

Kendall

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:36 PM

I usually read people's belief that Root is in love with Sameen, but they can't tell whether Sameen is feeling the same thing towards her. Personally, I'm just glad that Root is much more tolerable this season. I think Root is afraid of Harold losing faith as she's been there, done that until apparently The Machine saved her from that mental state.

#32 Kendall

Kendall

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:47 PM

The issue of diversity on TV isn't something that I always care about as I am more comfortable with an all white cast than I am with one black or Latino sticking out in an all white cast. However, on POI it is kind of glaring since they started with a prominent black character and pretty much killed her off for no reason.

I can't help but notice all of the parts that the show is adding on that may see like one time appearances, but you know with how the hour's story goes along, that the character will come back in another episode or two or three. However, none of these new characters are black and they easily could be in a show that has the ability to not really reference race.

The new crime lord is a black guy and the chief of detectives is something ambigous, but Root could've been black or Latino, as could a lot of the operatives that come and go, but for whatever reason, they aren't and that is really puzzling to me, but in many ways, not really. It's almost typical.

#33 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:30 PM

They could add some more black characters, since they all seem to have been killed off. I'm still mad about Joss. For Root though, my guess is that they picked her precisely for this part, because she plays this type of part well. She is "I can be so charming and soft spoken but I'm still a badass" girl like she was in Alias.

#34 Kendall

Kendall

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:46 PM

Oh, I realize that they could add more, but it doesn't seem to be any sort of interest to them. That's what the puzzling part of it all. Normally, people would say that just because they are in New York, there should be more diversity, but due to the nature of their work, I would think more minorities would be involved. They are former military and that is one of the largest employers of minorities.

#35 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:36 PM

Did everyone lose interest in this show? This season certainly hasn't been as good as the others, but I still like it. I think I may be an episode behind right now.

Is Shaw gone for good? I keep thinking we'll hear more from her. I hope so. I like her.

#36 KimberlyD

KimberlyD

Friendly

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:03 PM

Goodness, I kinda lost track of this show.  It just became too routine.  Even after they went into hiding.  I just could not keep with it.

#37 sammien94

sammien94

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:05 AM

Goodness, I kinda lost track of this show.  It just became too routine.  Even after they went into hiding.  I just could not keep with it.

Whaat?? I feel like this season's been the best so far. Did you watch if-then-else? BEST. EPISODE. EVER.

#38 KimberlyD

KimberlyD

Friendly

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:06 PM

Whaat?? I feel like this season's been the best so far. Did you watch if-then-else? BEST. EPISODE. EVER.

We have been talking about getting back into the show to see where it goes.  We just haven't gotten around to it yet.  It just got weird for a bit.  Will try again and see how we feel.

#39 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:23 PM

I'm caught up now, and I think it's starting to pick up the pace again now. Hopefully, it's not too late.

We're starting to see some peeks at the other story lines again, which could prove interesting. One thing I don't like is how some characters just seem to drop off the face of the earth for a while, and then, "Oh, yeah, we forgot about that guy, here's some story."

#40 Kendall

Kendall

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:36 PM

I still watch, but that may be more due to the fact that nothing else is on at the time versus, I have to see it. After Carter, Shaw was my favorite character. I've never watched for John, though I don't mind him, he just wasn't what kept me coming back. Right now, the show is so Illuminati driven that I may be watching just to imagine a glimpse of the many things that could be happening in the world.