• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 sammien94

sammien94

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:14 AM

I still watch, but that may be more due to the fact that nothing else is on at the time versus, I have to see it. After Carter, Shaw was my favorite character. I've never watched for John, though I don't mind him, he just wasn't what kept me coming back. Right now, the show is so Illuminati driven that I may be watching just to imagine a glimpse of the many things that could be happening in the world.

I love Shaw too, though Root is my favorite character. She's just this incredibly unique and charismatic person. John isn't my favorite character either, but he's not too bad that he puts me off watching the show completely. I disagree that the show is conspiracy driven. Yes, the AI God thing maybe a bit out there, but the technology isn't THAT far off. The last couple of episodes actually feature tech that's ALREADY prevalent (think Apple's Siri)

#42 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 04:39 PM

It's kind of back and forth. Who will "control the world" by way of AI... the good guys, the bad guys, the government?

I agree that it's not as far fetched as people seem to think. Not that I think the AI is some kind of god, but the watching every move people make part.

#43 sammien94

sammien94

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:17 PM

The more I think about it, the more I think that a sentient AI would have the ability to become god,if given all the resources it needs. Think about it, it'd know everything, and basically have the power to control everything too

#44 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 12:08 PM

Who didn't see it coming that the therapist was going to fall for John? I'm not sure how I feel about this love interest. I'd like to see him find someone, but somehow, she just doesn't seem right for him.

Root, in her own twisted way, really loves Harold. I was surprised when he drank the poison. I know he doesn't like seeing people killed, and he liked that woman, but dang. That seemed a bit extreme. Harold might losing it.

They are also talking like Shaw might still be a live. I wish they would just tell us one way or the other.

#45 newSAHMmy

newSAHMmy

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:33 AM

That love interest is a baaaaad idea.  I mean, so bad.  I knew it from day one but his line of work?  He is both a cop...or is that a "cop" :rolleyes:  AND a ...city protector?  LOLOL  Anyway, it's not like Carter or that other one (Paige Russo) that they can defend themselves.  I know he says he can keep a secret but that is just trouble waiting to happen.

I think Shaw is still alive.  That jerk just has her holed up.  Didn't they show her at the end of a previous episode?  I doubt they've killed her by now.

#46 sammien94

sammien94

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:59 AM

That love interest is a baaaaad idea.  I mean, so bad.  I knew it from day one but his line of work?  He is both a cop...or is that a "cop" :rolleyes:  AND a ...city protector?  LOLOL  Anyway, it's not like Carter or that other one (Paige Russo) that they can defend themselves.  I know he says he can keep a secret but that is just trouble waiting to happen.

I think Shaw is still alive.  That jerk just has her holed up.  Didn't they show her at the end of a previous episode?  I doubt they've killed her by now.

Shaw IS still alive. They did show her in a scene in a warehouse place somewhere. Sarah Shahi did say that she wants to come back in a couple years, so...

#47 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:35 AM

I don't know if I missed it, or if iI just forgot, but I don't remember them showing Shaw alive.

I don't like John's doctor though, and I don't think they are a good match. He does seem to be attracted to vulnerable types rather than the ones who can protect themselves. I'd much rather see him with someone like Zoey. I mean, you'd almost have to have someone that's part of your world and understands what you do, the dangers you face, etc., and someone who can protect herself, in case the bad guys try to get to him through his love interest.

Sometimes, the plot schemes seem too separated to make a coherent picture. I want to see more of Dominick and Elias and what's going on with the as well.

Why did they drag Khan all the way to the Samaritan guy's lair if they were just going to shoot him? They could have done that on the street. I thought there was going to be something more interesting happening in that in story.

#48 newSAHMmy

newSAHMmy

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 04:40 PM

WHAT?!?!?!  A couple of years?!?!  NO!  I can't have that!!!  I love Shaw!!! She is awesome!!!

#49 Kendall

Kendall

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:55 PM

I just think it's kind of pathetic how the show is so obviously trying to fill the void that they fired off the show in Carter. Suddenly, they have this new black character, although, they made sure to find an actress with a lighter complexion and features that could allow her to be "multi-racial" and now, John is just open to love with his therapist and bringing in any and every halfway intelligent person into the secrets and fold.

They've even brough Zoey back as the older woman that could get John's goat from time to time, although Zoey is also filling in for the absence of Shaw, so she's doing double time.

They should've never fired Taraji, but I doubt if she cares anymore.

I have to say though, I really hope she isn't about to make surprise appearance back on the show in whatever that mysterious teaser implied.

#50 sammien94

sammien94

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 12:13 AM

I don't know if I missed it, or if iI just forgot, but I don't remember them showing Shaw alive.

I don't like John's doctor though, and I don't think they are a good match. He does seem to be attracted to vulnerable types rather than the ones who can protect themselves. I'd much rather see him with someone like Zoey. I mean, you'd almost have to have someone that's part of your world and understands what you do, the dangers you face, etc., and someone who can protect herself, in case the bad guys try to get to him through his love interest.

Sometimes, the plot schemes seem too separated to make a coherent picture. I want to see more of Dominick and Elias and what's going on with the as well.

Why did they drag Khan all the way to the Samaritan guy's lair if they were just going to shoot him? They could have done that on the street. I thought there was going to be something more interesting happening in that in story.

I think they captured Khan and took him to that warehouse to hopefully turn him, perhaps? Or they wanted him to see Samaritan? Either way, it was a good ending imo. The ominous way his life flashed before his eyes and the red flare were great touches.

#51 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 10:43 AM

I was under the impression that Taraji left to do Empire. I didn't know she was fired. I thought she was great.

The ending was decent enough, Sammien, it just seemed curious to me.

#52 Kendall

Kendall

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 12:14 AM

No, Taraji was fired. The head writer had this great idea about how the show would be so much better without her and she filled her original purpose of bringing in black viewers and they killed her off. She was sent each and every place to promote her "leaving" and basically soften the blow of her being killed off and then poof.

She just happened to get Empire a short time after, but no, she would've stayed on POI if given the choice. TV roles for 40 something year old black actresses don't grow on trees, but fortunately, she blew Cookie up and now POI is seeing the draw she was capable of being.

Oh, and POI dropped across the board in viewing with black audiences after her last episode. It was almost immediate. :lol:

#53 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:25 AM

I wasn't aware of that at all. I thought she played the role of single mom/cop/hero really well.

I'm still not entirely sure of where this show is even going. It started out really grabbing my attention, so I hang on. I hope they get it together.