Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:45 AM

Happy SHIELD day you guys!!

#22 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:37 AM

You guys, I loved this show sooo much! It was epic. It was fun and thrills and then it had that great hopeful moment and thus far Joss didn't kill anyone. I am super happy!

If anyone cares to read my rather long-winded love letter to Joss where I declare S.H.I.E.L.D best new show of 2013 and suggest that it may help humans regain their humanity, it's up!   

http://reviews.realt...1-review-pilot/

I promise next week to be a little less gushy. Hopefully.

Edited by Jenners, 26 September 2013 - 12:37 AM.

#23 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:05 PM

Just saw the first episode and I'll have to admit that I liked it quite a bit. Agent Coulson's return and his lines immediately after that were the moment of the show for me. I am pretty interested in where the whole centipede thing is going and curious if there'll be cameos by big names like Downey, Helmsworth etc. I mean they are name dropping their characters and it is a continuation of the movies so might as well have them show up for an episode or two.

Right now, they aren't planning on big names showing up but keeping their possibilities open. I don't think they could afford RDJ (unless he does it as a favor). I think Scarlett Johansen may be the strongest possibility b/c 1) she's actually in SHIELD herself and 2) they are still debating making a Black Widow movie. So if they want to get the ball rolling, it would be good to get people  more invested in her character, imo.  Renner and Evans also seem pretty possible.  Hemsworth and Hiddleston too (though I think both are pretty busy right now).

I really want a Black Widow movie so I'm hoping Scarlett shows up.

#24 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:55 PM

Just saw the first episode and I'll have to admit that I liked it quite a bit. Agent Coulson's return and his lines immediately after that were the moment of the show for me. I am pretty interested in where the whole centipede thing is going and curious if there'll be cameos by big names like Downey, Helmsworth etc. I mean they are name dropping their characters and it is a continuation of the movies so might as well have them show up for an episode or two.

Right now, they aren't planning on big names showing up but keeping their possibilities open. I don't think they could afford RDJ (unless he does it as a favor). I think Scarlett Johansen may be the strongest possibility b/c 1) she's actually in SHIELD herself and 2) they are still debating making a Black Widow movie. So if they want to get the ball rolling, it would be good to get people  more invested in her character, imo.  Renner and Evans also seem pretty possible.  Hemsworth and Hiddleston too (though I think both are pretty busy right now).

Doubt a Black Widow movie is ever gonna happen, considering that she's already been in enough movies as it is. A movie just on her probably won't do too well mainly because she has mainly portrayed as a supporting character in other movies.

Appearances on the show though would be nice.

Stan Lee apparently said Widow would get a movie...they just aren't in a hurry to make it. This is the whole feminist take on that.

If they weren't going to do a movie b/c she was a supporting character, I'd actually be okay with it. The idea of them skipping it b/c of the female POV is annoying though. I love superhero movies, and have no problem with the white, straight, good looking male POV, but that doesn't mean I don't want to see diversity in superhero POV, you know?

It's why I'd like SHIELD to bring back J August Richards (with his super hero powers) and want to see a Widow movie, etc. Not at the expense of Thor or Capt. America, cuz I love those guys, but in addition to those guys (though I feel we can skip that master of the universe movie). I know I want more Agent May story as opposed to Agent Ward (though that could be b/c I think he's about to be a lovesick fool and I know she'll stay bad ass).

New review is up btw if anyone is interested.

#25 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:48 PM

Happy SHIELD day you guys!!

It'll be tomorrow for me. I am taping it.

Hope I love it. I need a new show.

#26 NatureSun

NatureSun

Friendly

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

Argghhh!!!

I still need to wait till Friday for it to air on TV in my country.

I can download it of course...and I still might. But the fun of waiting for such things is so much more than actually watching it!

Decisions, decisions...

Edited by NatureSun, 24 September 2013 - 02:31 PM.

#27 Ceena

Ceena

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:28 PM

Argghhh!!!

I still need to wait till Friday for it to air on TV in my country/

I can download it of course...and I still might. But the fun of waiting for such things is so much more than actually watching it!

Decisions, decisions...

You can spoil yourself silly by reading the review. This site is reviewing it.

#28 NatureSun

NatureSun

Friendly

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:33 PM

Argghhh!!!

I still need to wait till Friday for it to air on TV in my country/

Decisions, decisions...

You can spoil yourself silly by reading the review. This site is reviewing it.

That's even worse than watching! You get to know the plot and spoil yourself, without actually seeing all the actual scenes and performances!

Need...to...have....self..control...

#29 Franzy

Franzy

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:24 PM

It lived up to the hype guys. I loved it!

I can't wait to hear what you all think about it. 

Agent Coulson. I squealed like a fangirl!

I am in.

#30 Georgia

Georgia

Cordial

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:57 AM

I didn't love it. I liked it. Coulson is alive. It has promise.

I've always liked Ming-Na.

Skye's fangirlishness reminds me so much of some fandoms. I can't dislike her for it, I've been there. Who doesn't like superheros.

#31 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:19 PM

They brought it.

I agree about Skye. It'll be hypocritical to dislike her over something in guilty of. Taking the picture and looking on in awe would be totally me in the same situation. But I won't stalk them. I *think*

she is a little too loud for my taste but that can be worked on.

The guys would love the gadgets. It rivals Oliver Queen's by ten fold. The CW can't afford Coulsen ride alone.

#32 Peter7

Peter7

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:03 AM

I'm going to have to wait another week or so before I can take a look. Seems that you people really like it, can't wait!!

#33 Phoenix360

Phoenix360

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:10 PM

It watched the pilot yesterday on demand and it seems to be off to a pretty decent start. I hope it get better with time, as I like it overall, but I'm not that into it yet.

The gadgets are pretty impressive, the CGI is fairly sharp and the comedy is hit or miss. The action scenes are what are the biggest highlights so far, particularly the one where Agent Ward fought off two guys in a room, but I haven't quite found a character to really like yet.

#34 jayant102

jayant102

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:57 PM

#35 jayant102

jayant102

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:14 PM

Yeah. It would be great if either Black Widow or Hawkeye show up. I think the show can carry on without a big name, agent Coulson is enough for the time being. But still either of the two can be a big attraction in the future.

I would totally watch a Black Widow/Hawkeye movie, assuming that they do it right.

#36 Franzy

Franzy

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

I will be so much more happier if they stop trying to make Skye/Ward happen. He is so dull!

I would have loved it more if Agent May is going to train Skye.

Is Nick Fury going to be a regular? 

Another question. How did May get out of her bonds?

#37 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:36 PM

I liked the pilot better than this one. The fight scenes were bad but Agent May was convincing.

Another question. How did May get out of her bonds?

She dislocated her wrist. I don't know how that allowed her to free herself but that was the implication I got.

Kudos to the poster who called Skye being a plant. They gave it up pretty early. 

#38 jayant102

jayant102

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

Doubt a Black Widow movie is ever gonna happen, considering that she's already been in enough movies as it is. A movie just on her probably won't do too well mainly because she has mainly portrayed as a supporting character in other movies.

Appearances on the show though would be nice.

#39 jayant102

jayant102

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

You mean Guardians of the Galaxy? Lol

I for one wouldn't skip that movie. Words out that Thanos is supposed to show up in that (you know the purple guy in the end credits of Avengers) and he's expected to be the big bad in the third Avengers movie. I am hoping it isn't just a rumor because I don't particularly care for the Guardians of the Galaxy characters as such.

#40 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

I will be so much more happier if they stop trying to make Skye/Ward happen. He is so dull!

He showed a little personality but I am not impressed with the actor or character. 

Skye is kinda hard to take but at least she has a personality.