217 replies to this topic

#41 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:24 PM

You mean Guardians of the Galaxy? Lol

I for one wouldn't skip that movie. Words out that Thanos is supposed to show up in that (you know the purple guy in the end credits of Avengers) and he's expected to be the big bad in the third Avengers movie. I am hoping it isn't just a rumor because I don't particularly care for the Guardians of the Galaxy characters as such.

LOL  yup. I can never remember than name.

Hmmm...yeah if Thanos shows up and I need it for Avengers 2, I may be willing to see it.

#42 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

Can Ian Quinn become a regular character please? I love him!

I disliked Skye very much at the cocktail party. She started grating from the moment she volunteered to do the mission and received an impromptu e-vite. Her manner is too obnoxious for my taste. 

Agent Coulson was born in a suit. Believe it.

Skye actually looks like one of my best friends so I'm predisposed to like her. I actually thought she and Ward had some chemistry this episode (though the backstory was a little stale -- though I'm interested in Ward's pyscho older brother! You know that's gonna come up later).

If we ever see Agent Coulson in something other than a suit...lol Okay, now I've gotta figure out what collectible type t-shirt our favorite Agent would wear. Do you think he has suit pjs like Barney from How I Met Your Mother?

I bet Ian comes back. The actor's good and he wasn't caught for a reason. Maybe sweeps?

I will be so much more happier if they stop trying to make Skye/Ward happen. He is so dull!

He showed a little personality but I am not impressed with the actor or character. 

Skye is kinda hard to take but at least she has a personality. 

He is the least interesting by far, but it's early days yet and they're clearly willing to let the characters change their attitudes and opinions, so I'm hopeful.

I enjoyed him more this episode. He's a bit wooden, but I think he might loosen up.

I thought his backstory  may give him some umph. I mean, an abusive parent has been done a lot, but an abusive pyscho older brother? Could totally be something interesting and super creepy!

Edited by Jenners, 08 October 2013 - 10:30 PM.

#43 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:52 PM

Skye wrestled the gun for their boss and they gave her an applause. Too bad they weren't there to welcome Coulson and Ward lol. It would have been smooth sailing. Saved FitzSimmons a lot of trouble.

Yes, Agent Coulson was born in his suit. He wears them all the time. It would have looked ridiculous if a lesser man wore it on a rowing boat but not Agent Coulson. He is owns it like he was born in it.

Do Skye and Ian know one another? I was confused when they were talking about her brother? But later when she was talking to Ward, she said she was in a foster home. She didn't mention any sibling.

Skye was talking about Ward's backstory. He mentioned that he had a big brother who was a creepy bully and that he had to learn to be strong to defend his little brother. When Ian called S.H.I.E.L.D. big brother, Skye agreed but said it was like the good big brother (Ward) looking out for a little brother instead of the creepy bully big brother beating down his little brother.

#44 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

I disliked Skye very much at the cocktail party. She started grating from the moment she volunteered to do the mission and received an impromptu e-vite. Her manner is too obnoxious for my taste. 

Skye actually looks like one of my best friends so I'm predisposed to like her. I actually thought she and Ward had some chemistry this episode (though the backstory was a little stale -- though I'm interested in Ward's pyscho older brother! You know that's gonna come up later).

If we ever see Agent Coulson in something other than a suit...lol Okay, now I've gotta figure out what collectible type t-shirt our favorite Agent would wear. Do you think he has suit pjs like Barney from How I Met Your Mother?

I bet Ian comes back. The actor's good and he wasn't caught for a reason. Maybe sweeps?

I hope he does before sweeps. They should slow the Skye/Wade freight train and let Ian aboard to play some. No, I don't want a triangle but that ship is too obvious. Throw us off the scent Joss!

I don't dislike Skye per say, but I'll be lying if I said her obnoxiousness doesn't grate on my nerves.

I still think Skye should go "evil" and hook up with Ian too!

Review is up, btw.

Pretty soon I'm going to be able to tell people I'm Joss Whedon's girlfriend if the quailty on this show keeps up. Then I'll expect a huge slander lawsuit... lol

#45 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:37 AM

I got the feeling Coulson was talking about Skye herself when he was describing the turncoat. That is right. That was an abundance of anvils hitting me sideways.

Thankfully FitzSimmons revived me. I don't think I will ever get tired of their banter.

"Safety off .... bang?" That made me LOL.

Agent May was so cold about taking down an ex-team member. I like the reservable where the female is the one leaving emotion out of am important decision making. I only wish I agreed with her but Coulson is right. They couldn't take her down if she is been turned into a controlled robot.

FitzSimmons is awesome. I need more time with them!!

Agent May was very similar to Agent Ward this week. He wanted to take down Gunn (uh...whatever his name was on the show, he'll always be Gunn to me) and he was just going crazy b/c of that poison. Coulson's definitely the heart of this show.

Skye brought the funny lines. I liked her and Ward but as friends. They work better that way imo.

Ward's "Help" made me giggle. Mr Robot he is not.

What kind of hell one must be living through to wish they were back in a cage. Poor Akela.

Simmons is the cutest. And she is a genius.

I think they need to figure out where they are going with Ward. Sometimes, he's got no people skills and wants to kill, kill, kill. Othertimes, he's very sweet and vulnerable. I guess, that's pretty normal, but man, he's not very good at hiding his ability to care.

I think that's good though b/c the actor is more comfortable with showing emotion.

I liked Skye more than ever tonight. I am getting used to her sass and Bennett is quite good with the delivery.

The one I am getting disillusioned with is Agent May. I am not impressed with the monotone. I need her to show a little emotion every now and then. No, I don't mean the mushy kind. Her face is always expressionless if you've all noticed.

Stockholm is a pretty city and the people are fearless. If I saw people wearing masks in the train, I will lose my mind with terror. They acted so calm, as if they were being mind controlled too.

Please tell or show us what happened to Coulson so people would stop asking what happened to Coulson. It is asked in Every. Single. Episode. 

I liked Skye a lot too, and Bennet shoots out Whedonisms like she was born to, but I think that there is still too much of her. Even when she's wrong, she's still such a HUGE part of every episode it annoys me on behalf of the other characters. It'll be interesting to see what they do.

I think she has to be seduced by evil for awhile. 

Any thoughts on who the big bad was? I think it's Dr. Quinn from last week, working another experiment. He's super smart and there can't be that many people who are ahead of SHIELD on technology.

Underneath May's exterior, she's all emotion (I think). I bet when she finds out what they "did" to Coulson, it boils over. I'm looking forward to that volcano (and yes, I agree, they have to tell us what happened SOON).

Anyway, review is up for anyone interested.

I'm still deeply committed to seeing where this show goes...however, if they let Skye take in Ward's goods while only teasing me again, they are in so much trouble!

Edited by Jenners, 16 October 2013 - 12:38 AM.

#46 jayant102

jayant102

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

You mean Guardians of the Galaxy? Lol

I for one wouldn't skip that movie. Words out that Thanos is supposed to show up in that (you know the purple guy in the end credits of Avengers) and he's expected to be the big bad in the third Avengers movie. I am hoping it isn't just a rumor because I don't particularly care for the Guardians of the Galaxy characters as such.

LOL  yup. I can never remember than name.

Hmmm...yeah if Thanos shows up and I need it for Avengers 2, I may be willing to see it.

Well considering A2 already has Ultron, adding Thanos as well will be overkill. Perhaps he'll have a cameo, no more than that. But then again all Marvel movies so far being inter-related I think GOTG might be worth viewing after all.

#47 westmost

westmost

Friendly

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:07 AM

I will be so much more happier if they stop trying to make Skye/Ward happen. He is so dull!

He showed a little personality but I am not impressed with the actor or character. 

Skye is kinda hard to take but at least she has a personality. 

He is the least interesting by far, but it's early days yet and they're clearly willing to let the characters change their attitudes and opinions, so I'm hopeful.

#48 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

#49 Georgia

Georgia

Cordial

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

Skye wrestled the gun for their boss and they gave her an applause. Too bad they weren't there to welcome Coulson and Ward lol. It would have been smooth sailing. Saved FitzSimmons a lot of trouble.

Yes, Agent Coulson was born in his suit. He wears them all the time. It would have looked ridiculous if a lesser man wore it on a rowing boat but not Agent Coulson. He is owns it like he was born in it.

Do Skye and Ian know one another? I was confused when they were talking about her brother? But later when she was talking to Ward, she said she was in a foster home. She didn't mention any sibling.

Edited by Georgia, 08 October 2013 - 10:37 PM.

#50 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:53 PM

You hangout with some insanely gorgeous people Jenni!

I can't wait to watch or read your review. I like Skye and I have no problem with her attitude. She is funny. I think she gets the best onliners.

Ward has a psycho brother? I guess it could have been his father rme

#51 Peter7

Peter7

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:19 AM

Still haven't been able to watch it... maybe in a couple of days! Seems of a lot of people like it... now I want to see it even more!

#52 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:02 PM

I hope he does before sweeps. They should slow the Skye/Wade freight train and let Ian aboard to play some. No, I don't want a triangle but that ship is too obvious. Throw us off the scent Joss!

I don't dislike Skye per say, but I'll be lying if I said her obnoxiousness doesn't grate on my nerves.

#53 Peter7

Peter7

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

I just finished watching the 1st episode and... meh. I was expecting a lot more, something different. Wasn't that satisfied with it to be honest, I'll keep watching and see if it turns into something better.

#54 Kementarri

Kementarri

Cordial

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

So what has been the overall consensus of this show? I am just curious before I delve into it. I saw the commercial for it on television last week and thought it looked like a neat show to get into. How is the plot-line, do the characters have depth, and please tell me it's not like stupidly over done lol? Just looking for a couple new shows to get into before January hits and Switched at Birth and The Fosters come back on.

#55 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:21 PM

So what has been the overall consensus of this show? I am just curious before I delve into it. I saw the commercial for it on television last week and thought it looked like a neat show to get into. How is the plot-line, do the characters have depth, and please tell me it's not like stupidly over done lol? Just looking for a couple new shows to get into before January hits and Switched at Birth and The Fosters come back on.

Check out the reviews on the  homepage.

#56 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

I got the feeling Coulson was talking about Skye herself when he was describing the turncoat. That is right. That was an abundance of anvils hitting me sideways.

Thankfully FitzSimmons revived me. I don't think I will ever get tired of their banter.

"Safety off .... bang?" That made me LOL.

Agent May was so cold about taking down an ex-team member. I like the reservable where the female is the one leaving emotion out of am important decision making. I only wish I agreed with her but Coulson is right. They couldn't take her down if she is been turned into a controlled robot.

#57 Ceena

Ceena

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

Skye brought the funny lines. I liked her and Ward but as friends. They work better that way imo.

Ward's "Help" made me giggle. Mr Robot he is not.

What kind of hell one must be living through to wish they were back in a cage. Poor Akela.

Simmons is the cutest. And she is a genius.

#58 Franzy

Franzy

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:18 PM

I liked Skye more than ever tonight. I am getting used to her sass and Bennett is quite good with the delivery.

The one I am getting disillusioned with is Agent May. I am not impressed with the monotone. I need her to show a little emotion every now and then. No, I don't mean the mushy kind. Her face is always expressionless if you've all noticed.

Stockholm is a pretty city and the people are fearless. If I saw people wearing masks in the train, I will lose my mind with terror. They acted so calm, as if they were being mind controlled too.

Please tell or show us what happened to Coulson so people would stop asking what happened to Coulson. It is asked in Every. Single. Episode. 

#59 Franzy

Franzy

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

Underneath May's exterior, she's all emotion (I think). I bet when she finds out what they "did" to Coulson, it boils over. I'm looking forward to that volcano (and yes, I agree, they have to tell us what happened SOON).

I hope you are right. If there is a build up, her stoic expressions would make a lot of sense. I don't mean she has to smile or smirk or any major muscle movement like that. Something small, like lift an eyebrow would suffice.

#60 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

I've never been so happy to see Ward. I honestly thought my DVR recorded the wrong show until his face appeared on the screen. The opening with the Japanese magician, Chang, went on forever.