• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:20 AM

Discuss all of the new shows that don't have their own threads here. Popular shows that are renewed will get their own threads later in the season

TVGuide's  2013 New Fall Shows

#2 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:42 PM

Definitely slim pickings this season. I'm mildly interested in Reckless and I'm looking forward to Us & Them.

Reckless (CBS)

A sultry legal show set in Charleston, S.C., where a gorgeous Yankee litigator (Anna Wood) and a Southern city attorney (Cam Gigandet) struggle to hide their intense attraction while clashing amidst a police sex scandal. What About Brian creator Dana Stevens will write and executive-produce with Ghost Whisperer producers Ian Sander and Kim Moses. Michael Gladis, Shawn HatosyKim WayansGeorgina Haig, Gregory Harrison and Adam Rodriguez will also star.

reckless1_377x500.jpg

http://www.tvguide.c...1065172/1065547

Us & Them (Fox)

A couple's (Jason Ritter and Alexis Bledel) long-distance, budding romance is constantly disrupted by their friends and family in this comedy based on the British series Gavin and Stacey. David Rosen (I Just Want My Pants Back) will write and executive-produce. Dustin Ybarra, Kerri Kenney-Silver, Jane Kaczmarek, Kurt Fuller and Ashlie Atkinson will also star.

us-them1_395x500.jpg

http://www.tvguide.c...1065172/1065178

I had no idea that Gavin and Stacey was being remade for the US. I loved that show. I'll keep my expectations low since most British comedies usually fail. I think The Office is the only exception.

#3 westmost

westmost

Friendly

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:10 AM

Nice list, thanks for linking to it :)

SHIELD, Sleepy Hollow, and Masters of Sex are already on my list.

Ironside with Blair Underwood! I remember watching the old show with my mother, and Blair Underwood is a solid choice.

Almost Human could be interesting, good team plus Karl Urban. Could also just be a modern Alien Nation, I guess, but I kinda loved Alien Nation ;) 

Likewise Brooklyn Nine-Nine has potential, the 30 Rock and Parks and Rec creators behind it and Andre Braugher is great.

Rake would look terrible except that Greg Kinnear is a favorite of mine.

I'll probably give The Crazy ones a shot, just for Sarah Michelle Gellar. Dracula looks like it'll be terrible but I'm enough of a sucker to try it out once. I like Once Upon a Time, so I might check out the spinoff.

I figure two thirds of those will turn out to be lousy, or they'll get cancelled, though.

#4 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

Betrayal on ABC.

It has potential, but I don't trust ABC to not cancel it after a few episodes.

I'll keep watching it unless it gets canceled or until there's something better to watch at 10:00 on Sunday night.

#5 Aberdeen

Aberdeen

Friendly

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:19 PM

Betrayal on ABC.

It has potential, but I don't trust ABC to not cancel it after a few episodes.

I'll keep watching it unless it gets canceled or until there's something better to watch at 10:00 on Sunday night.

I tried to watch it tonight.

Can the cheating whores be any more obvious they are cheating on their SOs? I can't with the heavy handedness. I am out.

#6 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:43 PM

But, Betrayal has Stuart Townsend. He's enough to watch.

I'm giving the show a chance because there's a common theme here.

Revenge... Scandal... Betrayal...  ABC is trying to tell us something here. Lol

#7 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:57 PM

I thought Betrayal was just going to be another show about two cheating spouses. After seeing the second episode it looks like it could be about so much more. If you look at the characters involve in the show there are so many people that could potentially betray one another on so many levels.

#8 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:49 AM

I am surprised that nobody had mentioned American Horror Story yet It starts, or premieres just one day after my birthday, and I CANNOT wait to watch it. I enjoyed the first season but was VERY let down by the end and then season two was epic to me. The end of that season got it right, and so I am hoping that Coven, which is what they are calling this third season, lives up to those creepy pictures that I have seen online.

#9 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:10 AM

I thought Betrayal was just going to be another show about two cheating spouses. After seeing the second episode it looks like it could be about so much more. If you look at the characters involve in the show there are so many people that could potentially betray one another on so many levels.

Agreed. I hope ABC gives the show time to find its footing. It has a strong lead in with Revenge, so I will be disappointed if ABC pulls the plug on it after a few episodes. ABC hasn't had a decent show at that time since Brothers and Sisters ended in 2011.

#10 Pooki

Pooki

Friendly

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:56 AM

Agreed. I hope ABC gives the show time to find its footing. It has a strong lead in with Revenge, so I will be disappointed if ABC pulls the plug on it after a few episodes. ABC hasn't had a decent show at that time since Brothers and Sisters ended in 2011.

I saw the premier and I want to join the chorus. 

It is not just about two cheating spouses. On a different note, it is worth noting that such young. fit people have children as old as they do on this show.  TV is fantasy land you say?

#11 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:14 PM

Has anyone been watching that new show Hostage? I caught the first two episode. The Doctor to the president of the USA is taken hostage along with her family. She is ordered to kill the Present or she and her family will be harmed or killed.

I thought I would love this show but everything about it is over done. The story line is just to far fetched. I don't think I will watch another episode.

#12 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:43 PM

Has anyone been watching that new show Hostage? I caught the first two episode. The Doctor to the president of the USA is taken hostage along with her family. She is ordered to kill the Present or she and her family will be harmed or killed.

I thought I would love this show but everything about it is over done. The story line is just to far fetched. I don't think I will watch another episode.

This show, The Hostage, seems like it could be ok, at least if I were writing it. I would have an Illuminati twist for why said person wanted the president dead, and then the audience would think that the person was crazy, only to find out that the president really was involved in occult sadist rituals. But the show you described as it is seems a little tired. 

#13 westmost

westmost

Friendly

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:03 AM

I haven't seen it yet, and the premise seems a bit hard to spin into a series, but I love Toni Collette and I guess the show is based on an Israeli show so that must have been successful.

#14 Aberdeen

Aberdeen

Friendly

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

LOL!

I'm conceived.  I'll keep up with it.

#15 Jel

Jel

Cordial

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

Okay so Hostages is a new show then, so why would they be talking cancelling it so soon and I saw this news about it being cancelled on Spoiler TV, which I consider a reliable source, unless this show is just a mini-series and they were thinking of stretching it out into a series, but it didn't happen. 

#16 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

Okay so Hostages is a new show then, so why would they be talking cancelling it so soon and I saw this news about it being cancelled on Spoiler TV, which I consider a reliable source, unless this show is just a mini-series and they were thinking of stretching it out into a series, but it didn't happen. 

Yes hostage is a new show. I had not heard talks of its cancellation., but can't say I am surprised. This show is just too over the top and unpredictable. It's a shame I wanted to like it because it has such a talented cast. The writes have combined drama with a dash of Sci -Fi and inflated the show into something completely unrealistic.

#17 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:08 AM

Yes hostage is a new show. I had not heard talks of its cancellation., but can't say I am surprised. This show is just too over the top and unpredictable. It's a shame I wanted to like it because it has such a talented cast. The writes have combined drama with a dash of Sci -Fi and inflated the show into something completely unrealistic.

I think that whn there are talks about a show possibly being cancelled at this stage in the game, then something is very very wrong lol. There are not many things in TV land that have not been done in this day and age. Even the good shows sometimes do not last, never mind shows that are boring and predictable.

#18 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

I think that whn there are talks about a show possibly being cancelled at this stage in the game, then something is very very wrong lol. There are not many things in TV land that have not been done in this day and age. Even the good shows sometimes do not last, never mind shows that are boring and predictable.

There is so much competition for air time that shows have to quickly grab their audience. The networks don't give a show a chance to find viewers or to make adjustments to gain more appeal.

#19 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:41 AM

There is so much competition for air time that shows have to quickly grab their audience. The networks don't give a show a chance to find viewers or to make adjustments to gain more appeal.

I had originally thought that they gave the TV slots to the shows that had the most money and could pay for the slot. I mean, I knew that the show content came into play too, but I thought that money and how much these networks were getting paid would have been a bigger and more significant factor. when you have got shows out there like Dexter and Breaking Bad, the bars have been raised.

#20 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

Looks like Betrayal will be canceled soon. IMO, last night's episode wasn't terrible but I understand why people aren't sticking around to watch it. There is nothing amazing about the show.

The woes indeed continued for ABC’s young drama “Betrayal,” which slipped to a 0.9 adults 18-49 rating with 3.0 million viewers. Such a performance cements the show’s bleak fate on ABC; the question now simply concerns when the network will pull the cord.

But the network’s whole lineup was troubling. 9PM drama “Revenge” dipped to a scary 1.7 with 6.0 million viewers, while one-time monster “Once Upon a Time” could only deliver a 2.4 with 7.4 million viewers at 8PM.

Earlier in the night, “America’s Funniest Home Videos” posted a 1.1 and 5.2 million. 

Source: http://headlineplane...ches-scary-low/

As for Revenge, it's basically background noise until Shameless returns in January.