38 replies to this topic

#21 Aberdeen

Aberdeen

Friendly

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

I rest my case.

It is full of pretty people. No substance whatsoever. 

#22 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:44 PM

Looks like Betrayal will be canceled soon. IMO, last night's episode wasn't terrible but I understand why people aren't sticking around to watch it. There is nothing amazing about the show.

The woes indeed continued for ABC’s young drama “Betrayal,” which slipped to a 0.9 adults 18-49 rating with 3.0 million viewers. Such a performance cements the show’s bleak fate on ABC; the question now simply concerns when the network will pull the cord.

But the network’s whole lineup was troubling. 9PM drama “Revenge” dipped to a scary 1.7 with 6.0 million viewers, while one-time monster “Once Upon a Time” could only deliver a 2.4 with 7.4 million viewers at 8PM.

Earlier in the night, “America’s Funniest Home Videos” posted a 1.1 and 5.2 million. 

Source: http://headlineplane...ches-scary-low/

As for Revenge, it's basically background noise until Shameless returns in January.

I can't say I agree this is a good show , and I can see it heating up even more if the network gives it a chance. I think they need to put a little more fire under this show to get moving a little faster , because audiences nowadays seem to be impatient with a short attention span. I have to admit that last nights show could have been better , but we were left with  a good cliff hanger.

#23 Kratos

Kratos

Cordial

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:22 AM

Almost Human has an interesting premise, Bad Teacher was a pretty good movie but I don't think that it deserves a TV-show also the same story is used by the UK comedy Bad Education that is brilliant. Blacklist I believe it will have some success in the long run and also Gang Related may have a second season. The Dracula show looks just stupid reminding me of Beauty and the Beast.

#24 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:30 AM

I watched the original Shameless that aired over here i the UK, and the US is not gritty and shameless like UK council estate characters would be, so I never really gave the US one a chance, because I knew that it would not live up to par with the British one. There is a reason why the UK skins was a success and the US one failed. But peole still seem to love the US Shameless.

#25 Banana

Banana

Cordial

• 16 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:08 PM

Love this thread. I started watching new sitcoms like Dads, Mom (Chuck Lorre is a genius!), The Millers, Sean Saves the World and Super Fun Night (I don't think it's as funny as the others). Can't wait to check out the other dramas in line.

#26 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:08 AM

I haven't really begun to watch a lot of new shows just recently. although I will be tuning into The Real Housewives of Atlanta when the episode comes out tomorrow. I live in the UK, and so I have to wait until the day after the episode airs to download it.

Edited by pipergale, 03 November 2013 - 09:09 AM.

#27 Franzy

Franzy

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:19 PM

Is anyone watching  Trophy Wife?

I need something to watch. This Fall season has been one of the most boring in recent history .

#28 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:47 AM

Is anyone watching  Trophy Wife?

I need something to watch. This Fall season has been one of the most boring in recent history .

Unfortunately I have got to agree with you :( I usually have a vast selection of shows to watch and choose from at this point, but sadly a lot of those shows have ended now, and or have not begun yet. It is slim pickings at the moment lol. I can only hope to find another show soon. getting boring. 

#29 DVRJunkie

DVRJunkie

Cordial

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:17 AM

I have been watching The Goldbergs, and if you are a kid of the '80s or just into nostalgia type shows, it's the show for you.  It's really good!  It has comedy and a lot of great heartwarming moments, and I love how they use music every episode too.  The mom is amazing!  I guess I can just really relate to it, and it's produced by Adam Sandler's production company, so if you're an Adam fan, that may make it appealing to you as well.  

Trophy Wife is pretty good too, and it's starting to improve as the episodes continue.  At first, I thought this won't last, but the last two episodes were really great.  The kids make the show a lot of the time, but the parents are starting to improve as well.  Some of these actors I never saw as funny, so it's kind of weird to see them cast as such.  The Halloween episode was really funny.    

The other one I really am growing more and more fond of is Super Fun Night, but I hear the ratings are not good at all, so that makes me nervous.  ABC loves to yank shows I like, so it's hard to get into them for fear it's not going to last, but I still find myself attached to this one.      

I really love Brooklyn 99 a lot too, and it's been picked up a whole season, and they are getting a spot after the Super Bowl.  I like that we finally have a cop show that isn't all about drama or overly violent, so this for me is a great change of pace.      

It seems I'm mostly finding new comedies to like but few dramas.  I was a huge fan of Revenge the first season, and then that Aidan came into the picture, and it just ruined the show for me. <_<   It's a shame they are so hooked on this character because he is awful and bores me.  I guess the one drama I was into after it had aired last year was Girls, and I am excited for that to start up again.  I think ABC or Fox needs to add a good lawyer ensemble drama to it's line-up because they don't have one. :)   

#30 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:27 PM

Hey, thanks for giving descriptions and your opinions on these shows :) I was not an eighties kid, sadly lol. I was a nineties child haha! So I don't/won't appreciate that eighties nostalgia. I may give Trophy Wife a go if I get that desperate. I don't mind a slow starter. breaking Bad was slow as hell and is now my third favourite TV series ever :)

#31 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:15 PM

Still not out of the woods yet, but the ratings are slowly creeping up for Betrayal. I must admit the suspense from the last two episodes was worth ABC giving the show a chance. It looks like the cheating spouses will get outed in the next episode.

#32 Franzy

Franzy

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:20 PM

Still not out of the woods yet, but the ratings are slowly creeping up for Betrayal. I must admit the suspense from the last two episodes was worth ABC giving the show a chance. It looks like the cheating spouses will get outed in the next episode.

The cheating wife must go up in flames. I am watching this awfully acted melodrama for the moment she does.

I don't have the same visceral reacting to the cheating manwhore. He, at least, owns it. Wants to come clean. She is content on being a sneaky, cheating slut.

#33 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:57 PM

The cheating wife must go up in flames. I am watching this awfully acted melodrama for the moment she does.

I don't have the same visceral reacting to the cheating manwhore. He, at least, owns it. Wants to come clean. She is content on being a sneaky, cheating slut.

Sarah and Jack are horrible for cheating especially when both have very decent spouses at home. I guess that's the main problem with the premise. We haven't seen anything really negative about either marriage to justify the cheating.

#34 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:17 AM

Betrayal - I liked last night's episode despite the obvious backtracking to give reasons for why Sarah and Jack cheated on their spouses. It's also obvious that Sarah's sister was brought into the mix to make Sarah seem like a sympathetic character - I don't think it will work since she will always be judged the harshest of the two. I wonder if revealing the affair so soon was the plan from the start or was it an executive decision to reveal it ASAP because the show is on thin ice.  

Jack should watch his back with a father-in-law like that, geez!

#35 BWR

BWR

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:28 AM

Great lineup there. I'm npt a fan of American remakes of British series like "Being Human". I thought the original British series was witty, funny and had an awesome premise. The American version somehow feels disjointed and even flat but that's just my opinion.

#36 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:50 PM

Well it looks like Betrayal could not hold on. It was good while it lasted. I am not too sad because the writer did give an ending. usually when a show is canceled we are left hanging wondering what happened. They did leave a bit of mystery at the end so if something should happen and it gets another shot at airing there will be some place to start.

#37 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:25 AM

Great lineup there. I'm npt a fan of American remakes of British series like "Being Human". I thought the original British series was witty, funny and had an awesome premise. The American version somehow feels disjointed and even flat but that's just my opinion.

I remember Being Human. I used to love the Uk version of that show!!! Until the members of the main cast began to lave one by one.

#38 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:51 AM

I love the original Being Human series! I haven't seen the US version but I agree that something about it just doesn't feel right.

#39 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:11 AM

I love the original Being Human series! I haven't seen the US version but I agree that something about it just doesn't feel right.

Of course it wouldn't. Nothing bets the British one, which was dry and had that british darkness to it. I feel like everything that America does as far as TV goes, makes it more Hollywood, and that vibe just doesn't mesh well with other vibes that a tv show producer might be trying to create.