• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#21 Charli1908

Charli1908

Cordial

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:19 AM

I LOVE this show! Ar first, OITNB started off as a straight comedy. Great writers, great actors and actresses, but I think towards the end of the 1st season, it started to become more of a drama. And I'm fine with that -- not complaining because it's a really good show! I think it's been announced that season 2 will premier in June/July. I'm EXCITED!

#22 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:27 PM

I really wasn't expecting to like this show. I figured it was yet another of those that got a bunch of hype but really kinda sucked instead, especially since it seemed to be mostly women that were raving about it. I don't often like shows that "all the other women love" so my expectations were low. It was really good, though! Can't wait for the next season! 

#23 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:51 AM

I know many many people who were not expecting to enjoy or like this show - that did in the end. I first got into it for the sapphic nature, and for some hot women lol.. DIdn't really get that, but I stuck around for the wealth of characters and stories. I had thought that it was starting back sooner than that. Guess I'm just going to have to wait.

#24 Phoenix360

Phoenix360

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:25 PM

I'm glad that we're only less than a month away from the season 2 premiere of Orange is the New Black on Netflix, with the given date set for June 6, 2014. I think we've all been waiting long enough to see what happens next on this show. I hope this new season is even better than the first. I know I'll be binge watching right through it for sure. 

#25 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:33 PM

I just heard that they renewed the show for Season 3! 

That might now sound like anything spectacular, but as Phoenix just mentioned, Season 2 isn't even back on the air yet! They've already signed on for another season before even seeing how the next one goes! Awesome! 

#26 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:05 AM

I was JUST going to mention that season two hadn't even aired yet, and ALREADY they have renewed it for a third season? That is so awesome. I love this show, so it is great to know that I can watch the second season and not have to worry about if there will be a third season or now. Thanks for the information ;)

#27 Bloom

Bloom

Cordial

• 18 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:29 PM

At first when I saw this show on my Netflix que, I didn't like looking at it. It doesn't have a pretty picture that allows me to want to see it, you know? But until I was told by a bunch of friends to watch it, I loved it unconditionally. I seriously finished the series within a couple days and regretted watching it that fast. I waited FOREVER. But I am so excited that finally, it will be out in the beginning of June and I'll be there to watch it.

My only problem with it premiering then, is that everyone will be watching it, right? Who thinks that Netflix will be extremely slow and/or OITNB will be hard to load in general? Because I think so! D:

#28 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:12 PM

At first when I saw this show on my Netflix que, I didn't like looking at it. It doesn't have a pretty picture that allows me to want to see it, you know? But until I was told by a bunch of friends to watch it, I loved it unconditionally. I seriously finished the series within a couple days and regretted watching it that fast. I waited FOREVER. But I am so excited that finally, it will be out in the beginning of June and I'll be there to watch it.

My only problem with it premiering then, is that everyone will be watching it, right? Who thinks that Netflix will be extremely slow and/or OITNB will be hard to load in general? Because I think so! D:

About the picture? I totally get what you are saying. I used to pick shows based on their cover art too lmaoo!! I have stopped now. I never would have watched Breaking Bad based on the cover art, and that show is epic!!

#29 Bloom

Bloom

Cordial

• 18 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:44 PM

As a confession, I still judge a show by it's cover art. I mean, I shouldn't because now I have realized how amazing OITNB truly is, but I mean, if it's a good show, do something better with the cover art. o-o That's all I ask! But still, I'm counting down the days until the new season of OITNB comes out!

By the way, has anyone watched those 10 minute clips of each person in OITNB hosted by Netflix? It's like 10 minutes of each actor and actress and what they truly think about the show and the person they are portraying in general.

#30 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:04 PM

As a confession, I still judge a show by it's cover art. I mean, I shouldn't because now I have realized how amazing OITNB truly is, but I mean, if it's a good show, do something better with the cover art. o-o That's all I ask! But still, I'm counting down the days until the new season of OITNB comes out!

By the way, has anyone watched those 10 minute clips of each person in OITNB hosted by Netflix? It's like 10 minutes of each actor and actress and what they truly think about the show and the person they are portraying in general.

Hahahahah! They should have better cover arts. Some cover arts don't even seem like they have anything to do with the content of the shows sometimes, which is strange. But I go off of what shows are about and how much fame it has.

#31 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:12 PM

I watched them! 

Some of them were quite hilarious. I loved how the actor who plays Piper's fiance (I always forget his name) referenced back to his American Pie days, too, haha.

#32 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:48 AM

I didn't know that such a thing even existed. *Races to go and check out these clips* Surely they will be on Youtube because I don't have Netflix.

#33 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:38 AM

Guys, are you watching season 2??? All of the episodes are all over the world wide web, for download lol. I have seen screenshots and stuff but haven't actually watched any of the season two episodes yet. I may just save them all up to watch. Not sure.

#34 grapejars

grapejars

Noob

• 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:28 PM

I love this show, and can't wait to start watching season two. I find the characters very compelling, and I am fascinated by the prison life.  Piper sometimes drives my crazy though when she makes decisions that forces drama, although I know that they are necessary vehicles for the show.  My only gripe, and I truly can't call it a gripe, is that I can't watch it ever because of the language and sexual nature!  I have teenagers, and they never go to sleep, lol!  I have to wait till everyone is gone, and sneak it in!

#35 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:33 PM

I held out over the weekend, but I plan to start watching this week just as soon as I finish watching season three of Homeland.

#36 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:21 AM

Many of my friends are saying that season one was better, and I can kind of see why but to each their own right? 

#37 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:03 PM

Guys, are you watching season 2??? All of the episodes are all over the world wide web, for download lol. I have seen screenshots and stuff but haven't actually watched any of the season two episodes yet. I may just save them all up to watch. Not sure.

Yep, I am! I've been on and off binge watching since yesterday and....

Oh crap, I just realized that I'm on Episode 13, which means I'm about halfway through the season finale and didn't even know it. Ugh. 

Anyway, I did enjoy the first season more, but I don't think this one is bad by any means. It's still a good show!

#38 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:20 AM

Lol! That is the thing about Netflix. You get all the episodes at once, and once you have watched them all you have to wait until next year for all of the other episodes. I am just wondering what they are going to do for season 3.

#39 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:13 PM

Lol! That is the thing about Netflix. You get all the episodes at once, and once you have watched them all you have to wait until next year for all of the other episodes. I am just wondering what they are going to do for season 3.

Yeah, I'm not a huge binge watcher in general, but that's definitely what Netflix encourages! 

As for season 3, I'm not sure. Season 2's main feel seemed to be focused on the shifts in power dynamics (or not). This isn't a spoiler either. It just felt like the overall theme, which we saw some of in the first season, too. If they do the third one the same way, though, it might feel too similar, even with new faces, so we'll see. 

Someone who has already watched through.... do you know how long Piper has left in prison by the end of season 2? 

#40 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:09 AM

Yeah, I'm not a huge binge watcher in general, but that's definitely what Netflix encourages! 

As for season 3, I'm not sure. Season 2's main feel seemed to be focused on the shifts in power dynamics (or not). This isn't a spoiler either. It just felt like the overall theme, which we saw some of in the first season, too. If they do the third one the same way, though, it might feel too similar, even with new faces, so we'll see. 

Someone who has already watched through.... do you know how long Piper has left in prison by the end of season 2? 

I LOVE a bit of binge watching, because I don't like having to wait each week for each episode to air. But when you have to wait a whole year for the next season then that is a little annoying. 

I don't want to put any spoilers either. We will have to wait a bit to put spoilers in ;)