#61 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:36 AM

I couldn't believe this when I first read it: 

http://www.people.co...inmate-uniforms

Orange is becoming "trendy" in some areas, so they're actually changing the inmate uniform colors!!

#62 almost2

almost2

Cordial

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:15 PM

It gets better. This show is all about the supporting characters and the more you learn about them the better the show gets. The first season as a whole is worthy of the hype.

I agree. Like a lot of shows, the main character isn't the most exciting one. Although I am glad that Piper is not some flat, two dimensional character. I like that she's complex too. But overall, the the whole ensemble that makes the show worth watching.

Yes, I will agree that the first episode of this series was not at all mind blowing, but it sort of set the tine for what sort of show it was and for what was to come. I tried to get my sister to watch this show; I thought that the whole gay thing would deter her, but maybe it was just because the first episode was kind of slow and sex scenes i any sort of show annoy her.

I'm glad that I didn't have high expectations about the first episode. I already knew that it wouldn't be a mind blowing episode so I wasn't disappointed. It's still an important episode though. 

#63 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:29 PM

I've decided to start watching season two this week. I've put it off way too long now.

#64 almost2

almost2

Cordial

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:36 PM

I've decided to start watching season two this week. I've put it off way too long now.

I'm still in season one but I've been going on a watching spree lately. I'm already done with the "Bora bora bora" episode. And I've only started a couple of days ago. Haha. I am so glad I already have season two waiting for me. :)

#65 kmommy37

kmommy37

Cordial

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:16 PM

I have not had a chance to catch the show but I did see the creator Piper on the View explaining how seeing her story on Tv has really changed her life. Piper also talked about the cast of characters bringing her story to life and how she felt about the crime she committed that caused her incarceration in the first place. I am very curious to see all hoopla this show is causing and why it's so juicy for myself now.

#66 LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08

Cordial

• 14 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:19 PM

I finally got a chance to see some of the episodes and I must say that I enjoyed it. I think that it is a must watch. With a lot of people not having Netflix, I think they should make this show available on cable TV. That will most definitely bring them more viewers.

#67 PaulSwede

PaulSwede

Cordial

• 17 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 12:03 PM

Am I the only one who thinks this show is getting a little bit too risque? I think that is one of the main reasons OitNB would never make it on cable television: it really doesn't seem very appropriate for that sort of viewing. I'm halfway through season one and I feel the show keeps getting more and more edgier, but not necessarily in a good way. I might not go any further, the plot details can only pull you in so much before you decide to leave.

#68 Ava

Ava

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 12:41 PM

Am I the only one who thinks this show is getting a little bit too risque? I think that is one of the main reasons OitNB would never make it on cable television: it really doesn't seem very appropriate for that sort of viewing. I'm halfway through season one and I feel the show keeps getting more and more edgier, but not necessarily in a good way. I might not go any further, the plot details can only pull you in so much before you decide to leave.

Have you seen any show on HBO, Showtime or any of those premium channels? What they show is nothing compared to OiTNB.

#69 PaulSwede

PaulSwede

Cordial

• 17 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:26 PM

Have you seen any show on HBO, Showtime or any of those premium channels? What they show is nothing compared to OiTNB.

Is that true? Well, then I think my estimate of American television must have been way off. Apologies. 

If OitNB is tame compared to the other shows, then I don't think I'm cut out for most of these shows. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a one of those religious prudes or anything, I just don't take very well to explicit content.

#70 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:56 PM

Paul, it's only the premium channels that get more risque....so the channels you have to pay for. You won't see that sort of stuff on mainstream cable in the US. 

#71 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 06:07 PM

If you saw some of the things rhey show on Shameless ....

#72 Phoenix360

Phoenix360

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 02:21 PM

I'm all caught up on Orange is the New Black. I actually binge watched the entire season when it premiered on Netflix in June. Season 1 had invested my interest and I wanted to see how they handled season 2. I thought Piper was put into background in season 2, as the show focused more on the supporting characters with a great villain in the mix. Enjoyed it. I want to see where they go with the Piper and Alex relationship to keep it interesting and what happens next with the rest of inmates. 

#73 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 02:05 PM

Season 3 is up.

I may try to watch it this weekend.