• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BWR

BWR

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:18 AM

I'm really hooked on the show "Pawnstars". I guess I'm a collector of all manner of little curios and interesting souvenirs myself so to watch a show like this where you get to see people pawn all manner of things under the sun, well it's just so fascinating!

I also like the interactions between the three generations of men on the show, and the hilarious antics that follow! Who knew pawn shop owners could lead such interesting lives!

#2 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:42 PM

This is an interesting show, I agree. People bring in stuff sometimes, and I'm thinking, where in the world did they find that? It's crazy. The owners are always making wise cracks and giving each other grief. I can only imagine what goes on in that shop when the cameras stop rolling. They do seem to know their stuff though.

I'd love to take a walk through that shop and look at all the cool stuff.

#3 Silverfox

Silverfox

Cordial

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 12:31 PM

I watch this from time to time but I try to avoid it as well. Why? Because once I get hooked, it goes on and on for hours with show after show. I like how the guys have been working on their weight though. Has Rick joined them?

Those guys have mad dollars? Before watching that I never realized how lucrative a business it was? Sometimes I feel sorry for the people who give in too easily to some of the offers. Oh well! You win some and you lose some.

#4 primalclaws1974

primalclaws1974

Cordial

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:25 AM

I agree that characters have charisma, but the show is completely fake. There is no "reality" to it. The discussions between workers is obviously scripted, and they are poor actors. No one is bringing in merchandise and cars worth $50-$100,000 to a pawnshop. Come on! I watch the show primarily to see the items. Occasionally I might catch a grin off the dialogue, but I know that it was rehearsed. I think the show will be around about two more seasons.

#5 maladjusted

maladjusted

Friendly

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:02 AM

I watched this when it first came out, and it was mostly about the items that people brought in.  I really enjoyed seeing such varied items and learning about their history.  Rick really seems to know a lot about these things, and I liked that they would bring in experts to verified their authenticity and would provide even more information about the item.  But then the show seemed to shift to it being more about the "guys".  I really hate Chumley and Old Man - they come across as being ignorant, lazy and redneck.  The show really went downhill, so I've stopped watching it entirely.