216 replies to this topic

#1 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:48 AM

Posted Image

Centers on Marine Sergeant Nicholas Brody, who returns home eight years after going missing in Iraq, and Carrie Mathison, a driven (and possibly unstable) Claire Danes, Damien Lewis, Morena Baccarin and Mandy Patinkin

#2 Ned Stark

Ned Stark

Staff

• Moderators
  • 183 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:48 AM

Showtime hase announced a premier date for Homeland and Dexter, September 30.

#3 Gimgak

Gimgak

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:20 PM

Solid show, good thing that it got renewed. Critics loved it so I'm not surprised that it did so well, the metacritic score was over a 90 I think haha, most shows don't break 60.

#4 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:31 PM

Do you guys think Brody is handsome?

He'll be, I'd you replaced his head with Leonardo DiCaprio

#5 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

Damian Lewis does not appeal to me either. I don't know what is with his voice but it seems weak to me. Not fit for someone who is going to run for public office. I remember having this discussion with a friend of mine during the season, Brody lacks the magnetism, charm that a politician must posses

The voice, which become my biggest pet peeve, wasn't a problem when I LOVED Brody. In the first few episodes I wanted to kill Nazir with my bare hands, I still do, the guy is a terrorist but all the goodwill I had for Brody flew over the window.

I swear I am not totally unsympathetic, I wanted Walker redeemed not killed, a cold hearted bitch will have empathy for a Marine who've was captured and tortured for years but by the end of the season, I was convinced Brody was turned very very early on. It was only a few weeks into their capture that he "killed" Walker after all. I understood that he did it as self preservation but he all he did it anyway.

Of the two captured Marines, Walker should have been the one susceptible to brainwashing, he was the one who was beaten to near death by his fellow Marine. He may have already be turned before he returned to the US he was the one of the two captured who ended up begging on the streets of the Capital whereas Brody got the red carpet. The show failed to give me a good reason why Brody was turned, why he wasn't even conflicted after weeks of being in the States. There was a brief moment when he find out he was lied to by Nazir, but he got over that pretty quickly

My point is that I hate Agent Brody lol

#6 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:24 PM

Claire Danes in a Hollywood Reporter photoshoot with other Showtime stars

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 kinser

kinser

Cordial

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

Showtime hase announced a premier date for Homeland and Dexter, September 30.

I'm so excited for both of these shows, so I won't forget that date.

Homeland is a great show - i love the suspense and the acting (Claire Danes and Mandy Patinkin are fantastic in their roles). My husband and I usually have totally different taste T.V. shows, but this is one we both love.

#8 kinser

kinser

Cordial

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:54 AM

I think he's got some sort of sex appeal - not conventinally handsome (although not ugly), but very sexy.

#9 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:42 AM

The Critics Choice Television Award nominees

INDIVIDUAL ACHIEVEMENT IN DRAMA
Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad)
Claire Danes (Homeland)
Peter Dinklage (Game of Thrones)
Jon Hamm (Mad Men)
Jessica Lange (American Horror Story)

OUTSTANDING NEW PROGRAM
Girls
Homeland
New Girl
Revenge
Smash

OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN DRAMA
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Homeland
Justified
Mad Men

PROGRAM OF THE YEAR
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Homeland
Mad Men
Downton Abbey

Congratulations and good luck to Claire Danes, she gave the best performance on the show. I wish they'd recognize the work Emma Rossum does on Shameless.

#10 CSINY

CSINY

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:30 AM

I can't believe I have never seen Homeland. It sounds like a show I would love. Is it still on TV? I love military related shows and he is sure hot. Can I start watching now and understand since I missed the first couple of seasons?

#11 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:42 AM

As far as I know l season 1 is available on Showtime Video on Demand

#12 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:17 AM

Intense.

http://www.youtube.com/v/Xh_TPjZJCRc

#13 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:59 PM

My skin crawls whenever Brody touches Jessica.

I am sure the show will try to redeem him eventually but I am not interested in that

I don't expect Carrie to be maniac in season 2. Not right away anyway.

#14 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

Homeland First Look: Season 2 - it's the first 20 minutes.

http://xfinitytv.com...os?mid=12000715

#15 Ceena

Ceena

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:46 PM

Homeland First Look: Season 2 - it's the first 20 minutes.

http://xfinitytv.com...os?mid=12000715

I saw it mentioned on the blog this week. I am still debating if I should spoil myself or not. It is torture!

#16 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:52 PM

So far nothing has been revealed from the season one finale. It's starting slow, but still intriguing.

#17 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:59 PM

The premiere episode cannot get here fast enough. After a summer of BB, I am more than ready for quality television shows again.

#18 Ceena

Ceena

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:29 PM

So far nothing has been revealed from the season one finale. It's starting slow, but still intriguing.

I figured nothing major will happen in the first 20 minutes they released but I am starting to worry. Season one finale was so good, it'll be hard to top

#19 Drunken Lunchbox

Drunken Lunchbox

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:22 PM

What an incredibly cerebral show that really kept me guessing. I thought I had it figured out and then they flipped the switch on me...then they went back to the original premise. I was so confused but it did a really good job of showing how difficult it is to track terrorism. it did a really good job of making me feel like I was about to solve the case and then it kicked me in the chin.

I can't wait to see how season 2 pans out...my only worry is that the story line will run dry at some point and then they will have to either cancel it or replace Brody and develop a new character and story line. The character development is really the key to making this work so unless someone is lying in the shadows it will be tough to see this go more than 3-4 seasons. They are going to really have to start developing someone now for the later years.

#20 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:37 PM

Promo Pics for

2.01 Smile

2.02 Beirut is Back