• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Squared

Squared

Cordial

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:11 AM

What do you think of this show? I love the original but feel like whenever something is successful a producer will think up a way to wring more life out of the concept. I'm still watching of course, but it's just not the same.

#2 beastsbeauty

beastsbeauty

Cordial

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:09 AM

I've been meaning to watch this and haven't had a chance. I love the idea of seeing the people I liked from previous seasons of Project Runway compete together, but I wish they would have done it in a Project Runway season instead of creating a "new" show.

#3 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:10 AM

This show lost me a few seasons ago.

How far into All Stars are they? I may do a marathon one evening

#4 kristiane

kristiane

Cordial

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

Does Mondo Guerra deserves it?
He failed winning the finale during the season 8 so he's back with new excellent designs that made him on the top of this season.
He recollected what he felt during the finale. "In the moments before, I was breathing and trying to stay calm and was so nervous. And then when they announced it, it took me a moment. What they didn't show was that I looked up at the ceiling and let go a yelp and I don't know where it came from."

The winning design

https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTn59aqEM0bfJMka0svd8zmN8R_utmFBrHPnkHfSpUhFhg-fMa

Mondo Guerra viewing party

http://www.youtube.com/v/p3z6xXSm6xw

His design are quite unique especially the Rorschach-esque pieces. Also his perseverance leads him to success. In fairness to Austin and Michael, their design are also magnificent but the judges have to choose. Mondo Guerra got the $100,000 plus a 1 year guess editor position in Marie Claire. I can say that he deserves it.

#5 Wylla

Wylla

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:08 PM

Project Runway started again last night! I caught the preview show although I didn't pay much attention to it; I noticed Mondo was one of the judges. The actual beginning of the competition was fun to watch and I'm not surprised Christopher won the challenge; his second dress was stunning.

#6 CSINY

CSINY

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:23 AM

Yeah for the show starting again. It's one I watch with my daughter. I think some of the dresses and designs are downright hideous. It will be interesting to see how Mondo judges!

#7 Crinkle

Crinkle

Friendly

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:29 PM

When I first started watching this show, I thought the designers were way out there and really amateurish. I've been amazed by some of the outfits they come out with. Some of them have been in a good way. Some, indeed, are quite shocking. So were mini-skirts and bell-bottom pants in their day.

#8 Wylla

Wylla

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:21 AM

Unfortunately, Mondo is not a judge for the main episodes; they are sticking with Heidi, Michael, and Nina. He was just judging clothes during the preview episode before the competition actually began.

#9 Midnight

Midnight

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:13 PM

I actually tried to catch an episode of Project Runway mainly because of Heidi Klum, but along the way it got my interest. I must say that some of the outfits sometimes do come out outrageous, but others turn out perfect for the runway. I guess that's how the game of creativity works.

#10 Dessa34

Dessa34

Shy

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:26 PM

I am looking forward to the next season of All Stars. I loved Mondo last season, but I also liked his friend. I think his name was Michael. I am glad the season it starting right after the original Project Runway so I don't have to go without it. LOVE LOVE Project Runway.

#11 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

The first season of All Stars was more exciting than season 2. Maybe because I was more familiar with those designers, but the show just isn't the same without Heidi and Tim. I think the panel of judges is interesting and season 2's Heidi substitute is much better than season 1's.

The challenges are usually interesting; I would hate to have to do the team ones as much as the designers do. There are just too many personalities to deal with.

#12 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:30 AM

I was kind of surprised to see that another season of All Stars was being done so soon. After all they just had an All Star edition last year, couldn't they have waited like a few more years before doing another one. I guess the ratings were so great for the previous one that they decided not to wait that long.

I have to admit though that I am still hooked none the less, I enjoy Project Runway in any incarnation, and love to look at the creations. I am also glad that Mondo won the first All Star edition. He should of won season eight, but then that was just my opinion on the subject. Nice to see him as judge, because he knows what it takes to compete in this kind of competition.

#13 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

Why would they need to wait? They've already had ten seasons of Project Runway. You can thank survivor for starting it all off. The formula was obviously successful so more and more shows have followed suit. I think RuPaul's Dragrace is about to have an Allstars show. Not that is some crazy TV!

#14 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

Why would they need to wait? They've already had ten seasons of Project Runway. You can thank survivor for starting it all off. The formula was obviously successful so more and more shows have followed suit. I think RuPaul's Dragrace is about to have an Allstars show. Not that is some crazy TV!

That's true,but I guess personally I thought it was a little too soon for another all star edition. What's next, Dancing With the Stars does one every year, a bit of a an over kill. But as you pointed out, it was successful the first go around so Lifetime decided to do another one. I have never seen Rupaul's shows because I don't have that cable channel, although, I have seen it featured on The Soup (big surprise) and it does seem like a pretty crazy program.

#15 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

That's true,but I guess personally I thought it was a little too soon for another all star edition. What's next, Dancing With the Stars does one every year, a bit of a an over kill. But as you pointed out, it was successful the first go around so Lifetime decided to do another one. I have never seen Rupaul's shows because I don't have that cable channel, although, I have seen it featured on The Soup (big surprise) and it does seem like a pretty crazy program.

Crazy program is an understatement, lol. I can't decide if it's funny or appalling. By appalling I don't mean "this is bad and shouldn't be on tv." I think the show is outrageous and I have concerns about the emotional health of the men who appear on it. It just seems it little extreme, I guess. You can probably watch episodes or clips from it on You Tube.

#16 rokkeebaby

rokkeebaby

Noob

• 4 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

Glad to see Laura Kathleen gone. She was too negative. Kept talking about Uli's feathers and real design. Now we have a more positive group of people left. Anthony Ryan is a true southern belle. I love his comments.

#17 rokkeebaby

rokkeebaby

Noob

• 4 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

Glad to see Laura Kathleen gone. She was too negative. Kept talking about Uli's feathers and real design. Now we have a more positive group of people left. Anthony Ryan is a true southern belle. I love his comments.

#18 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:29 PM

Is anyone watching? What the heck is going on this season? Should it be renamed project drama? It seems like half of the designers chosen for this season are completely out of their minds! At least this time around the entire thing hasn't been all teams.

#19 Sansa Stark

Sansa Stark

Staff

• Moderators
  • 174 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:33 PM

Is anyone watching? What the heck is going on this season? Should it be renamed project drama? It seems like half of the designers chosen for this season are completely out of their minds! At least this time around the entire thing hasn't been all teams.

FYI - Your topic for season 12 has been merged with the previous thread.

#20 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:54 PM

FYI - Your topic for season 12 has been merged with the previous thread.

I tried using the search feature to locate a previous thread before starting this one and it produced no result. How do I find that thread?