Project Runway

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 joolbait

joolbait

Noob

• 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:22 PM

I love Project Runway and the new season is off to a great start. I'm not a fashionista by any means, but I enjoy seeing the creations that these talented designers put down the runway. The personalities of Heidi, Tim and the rest of the judging panel really work well together. Some reality shows have annoying judges that seem to be there just for self promotion, I don't feel that way with Project Runway.  I applaud the reality shows that give talented people with a dream a chance to succeed.

#42 newSAHMmy

newSAHMmy

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:33 AM

I have been a fan of the show since the beginning.  I absolutely love it.  This season has had some pretty cool challenges so far.  The men's suits one was great.  Love to see (blank) eliminated just because he was being a jerk.  Loved seeing (blank) finally stand up for herself sort of.  She has been an underdog for being different but I think she can get pretty far.  What annoys me is that sometimes I swear these contestants have not watched the show before.  I don't understand how they keep being surprised at what the judges like and what the judges hate.  

#43 Acccessories

Acccessories

Noob

• 4 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:45 AM

I've watched Project Runway since around Season 4, and honestly this season drew me back in. I just couldn't get into the constant "team" thing a couple of seasons ago and stopped watching. A friend of mine told me that this season had some actually talented designers and some new things that made it interesting, and so far I definitely agree. I think my favorite part of the new season so far is the way that they let the designers 'vote' (even if it doesn't count for anything) on which designs they think should win and which they think should lose... it's interesting to see the differences between what the judges and the designers feel are the strongest looks, and honestly I find myself agreeing with the designers more than I find myself agreeing with the judges!

I know that seeing fashion in person is definitely different from seeing fashion on television (for example, sometimes black clothing feels 'flat' on television but looks gorgeous in person), and oftentimes in previous seasons I thought that the difference between my opinion and that of the judges was because of the way the clothing looked in person. Now that I have the designers opinions, I think that maybe that's not the whole story. I agree with the designers, and they see the clothing in person, not on TV... I don't know, maybe this just means my taste in fashion is just not as refined as the judges, but it does feel nice having my opinions at least somewhat validated.

So far my favorite on the show is definitely Sandhya, mostly because I think she is genuine and isn't looking to cause drama. Sometimes her design aesthetic is a little out there, and I question her taste level, but at least she's mostly there to design and not fight with people. I also really like Sean and Kini, and I think they're definitely contenders for the top spot (Kini can sew with a speed I've never seen before, and Sean just has impeccable taste). Amanda gets on my nerves with her in-your-face attitude, and sometimes I think she seems fake... and honestly, her hippy-dippy design aesthetic reminds me of Gretchen from Season 8 (but not in a good way). I'm sick of her just sticking tassles on garments and the judges actually liking it!

Either way, this season has officially pulled me back into the fold and I'm looking forward to next week's challenge... I really love the challenge where the designers have to be inspired by an object (whether it's an animal or a piece of jewelry), and I can't wait to see who ends up on top!

#44 newSAHMmy

newSAHMmy

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:09 AM

I like Sandhya but that yellow wedding dress?  She was killing me with it and not i a god way.  LOL  It was the color AND fabric manipulation.  It had to be either one or the other.  :huh:

#45 maladjusted

maladjusted

Friendly

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:40 PM

I just finished watching Project Runway Allstars.  And was wondering, which do you prefer, Project Runway with Heidi Klum or Allstars with Alyssa Milano?

For me, I like the originial much better.  I much prefer Heidi to Alyssa, she just seems more sincere and engaged.  I also like the challenges in the originial better.  This year, on Allstars they only gave the three finalist 4 days to come up with 8 looks - they just weren't as good as when they get to go home and spend weeks on their collection.  The Allstars one just seems to be something they throw together in a short amount of time, to fill between seasons of the original. 

Although, I do like seeing the Allstars back.  Most of the contestants on the Allstars show have so much personality and are fun to watch.  I just wish they had better cast members - you can't beat Tim Gunn as mentor and Nina as a judge!