• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 beastsbeauty

beastsbeauty

Cordial

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:33 AM

New Girl is a hilarious new sitcom on Fox with a fresh, young cast. Staring Zooey Deschanel, New Girl offers a look into the lives of four roommates mostly just trying to get by in life.

#2 RemoteStealer

RemoteStealer

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:01 AM

Nothing was on, so I thought, why not and caught an episode of New Girl. The episode revolved around the character cutting ties entirely with her cheating ex-boyfriend by retrieving her stuff from his house with a little help from her friends. It was hilarious and I found I actually enjoyed it.

#3 CAMom50

CAMom50

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:51 AM

I like the character's quirkiness. I knew I was hooked when she created her own theme song during the first several episodes of the show. She's seemed to fit nicely in the Tuesday comedy line up on FOX. She's not a bad singer either which really surprised me!

#4 beastsbeauty

beastsbeauty

Cordial

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

Zooey Deschanel is actually part of a singing duo (long before this show) called She & Him. She sings quite a lot on most of the shows she guest stars in, as well as movies she has a role in.

#5 Rhodes

Rhodes

Cordial

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:40 PM

I read she's the sister to the actress that plays Temperance (Emily Deschanel) Brennan on Bones and I can see the family resemblance. In fact before I knew that Zooey was Emily's little sister I figured they had to be related in some way (not just the last name).

#6 MrsWinchester

MrsWinchester

Cordial

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:26 AM

That is true they are sisters. I love them both and I have been trying to catch New Girl but I just have not had the time. I work 2 jobs so watching any TV is difficult. Zooey is just always so darn cute and quirky. I love her in She & Him.

#7 Tarheel

Tarheel

Cordial

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

I have only seen the first 4 episodes so far, but what I have seen as been not bad. Overall, its pretty funny, although my guess is that, unless they find something other then her quirky personality as a hook for the show, it doesn't have a long life span.

#8 beastsbeauty

beastsbeauty

Cordial

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

They have a hook for the show besides her quirky personality. The basis of the show is 4 roommates living in a loft together, going through their everyday lives. Her quirky personality is just part of her character, not necessarily the point of the show.

#9 Techy855

Techy855

Cordial

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

I must have missed this also. I get that there is the roommates living together part, but what I have watched so far that has seemed secondary to her "crazy" personality.

Also, the roommates living together has been done a ton of times, and the ones still on the air have other hooks to them as well. Do you think the show can stick it out, if that is the main hook of the show?

#10 beastsbeauty

beastsbeauty

Cordial

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

I see what you're saying. So far, I think it's entertaining to watch the show how it is. If they want to stick around for more than a few seasons, though, I agree with you completely.

#11 Angel

Angel

Cordial

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:57 AM

I am raring to give this a shot -especially now that HIMYM and Desperate Housewives is over :( I need a new addiction. Could the new girl be my new addiction ?

#12 Drunken Lunchbox

Drunken Lunchbox

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:40 PM

I hated this show at first. It just wasn't at all funny to me but my wife liked it so I kept watching. By the second season though it had me dying. It started off really boring and slow and I wonder if others thought the same thing because the writers really changes course at one point and it had me cracking up.

#13 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

I absolutely love it. I have been told so many times how much she reminds people of me, too, lol. We've definitely got a lot of the same quirkiness going on and have similar looks. It's no surprise I would fall in love with the show as well.

#14 Aberdeen

Aberdeen

Friendly

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:52 PM

I absolutely love it. I have been told so many times how much she reminds people of me, too, lol. We've definitely got a lot of the same quirkiness going on and have similar looks. It's no surprise I would fall in love with the show as well.

I'm going to picture Zooey Deschanel every time I see your posts. You are both gorgeous :)

#15 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:39 AM

<3

You can't really tell exactly what I look like from the cartoon avatar, but I have pictures of myself posted on my blogs. I used to have bangs, too, so we would've looked even closer at that point.

#16 Aberdeen

Aberdeen

Friendly

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:44 PM

<3

You can't really tell exactly what I look like from the cartoon avatar, but I have pictures of myself posted on my blogs. I used to have bangs, too, so we would've looked even closer at that point.

That is you? I like the pose lol

I am one of those people who shouldn't have bangs. Boo

#17 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

Yep!

It's originally from this photo:

Posted Image

You'll see me with other ears like this, too....I have something like 10 different pairs/colors/styles now that I wear in connection to my 'quirky' stuff, including to professional conferences, lol.

Here's what I look like without them:

Posted Image

#18 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

We have some really good looking people here. You are gorgeous Quirky

Can you link us to your blog?

#19 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:34 PM

Sure, the main one I'm working on right now is Quirky Cookery. It's all about playing with your food, food art, silly food creations, etc.

And so we stay on topic, here's a gif from New Girl:

Posted Image

I love that her character name is Jess, too. <3

#20 Aberdeen

Aberdeen

Friendly

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:44 PM

Sure, the main one I'm working on right now is Quirky Cookery. It's all about playing with your food, food art, silly food creations, etc.

And so we stay on topic, here's a gif from New Girl:

Posted Image

I love that her character name is Jess, too. <3

I love the gif!

and silly food creation :)