• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#21 Rekoj09

Rekoj09

Friendly

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:50 AM

It's kind of funny that some people only like some of the characters. I think they go so well together; it's hard not to like all of them. I've always been a fan of Zooey Deschanel, but everyone else is a pleasant surprise. I especially like the way Nick is really coming along as a character, and I can't not laugh at everything Schmidt says. I honestly can't understand why some people don't like Winston; I think he's charming yet unpredictable.

#22 Rekoj09

Rekoj09

Friendly

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:29 AM

I've always liked Zooey, but this seems like the role she was born for. I'm sure she'll go on to do a lot more great things after the show ends (whenever that is; hopefully not for a long time), but I'll probably remember her most for this. That said, I think this is the start of good things for the rest of the cast. They may have been unknowns before the show started, but people are going to have a hard time forgetting them now.

#23 Rekoj09

Rekoj09

Friendly

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:56 PM

Yeah, Zooey's very multi-talented in real life. I'm not a huge fan of her music, but I do think she's a great singer in general. I've been a fan since before the show started, but for me it's just one more reason to like her.

#24 Rekoj09

Rekoj09

Friendly

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:08 PM

Schmidt is a really interesting character. At first I thought he was obnoxious, but when I was re-watching the first season I realized how deep he is if you see past his mannerisms. I think his personality is hilarious, though, now that I've warmed up to him. I hope they don't drag out the Cece thing too much, but I suppose it depends on how long the show lasts.

#25 thresholdofreality

thresholdofreality

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:30 AM

I mainly watch this show for Schmidt - Jess gets on my nerves most of the time, but I admit there are episodes where she's really funny and entertaining!

#26 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:42 AM

I mainly watch this show for Schmidt - Jess gets on my nerves most of the time, but I admit there are episodes where she's really funny and entertaining!

What?? You really watch it for Schmidt? Lol! I can totally understand Jess getting on your nerves, but if she does, I don't know why he wouldn't, too. He's so obnoxious!

#27 thresholdofreality

thresholdofreality

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

What?? You really watch it for Schmidt? Lol! I can totally understand Jess getting on your nerves, but if she does, I don't know why he wouldn't, too. He's so obnoxious!

His obnoxiousness is so overdone that it's funny! I always laugh at his antics! ;)

#28 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

I love all of them, for some reason I really find this series hilarious. But I find Jess endearing! I think my favorite character is Nick though.

#29 amyyoh

amyyoh

Shy

• 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

I love how weird Jess is, but it's a weird her friends acecpt and love her for. I love this show!!

#30 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

I just caught up the other day, I'm so glad Jess and Nick finally kissed! They've been setting that up since the show first aired and I was starting to get a little annoyed. Her boyfriend is cute enough but I'll take Nick over him any day.

#31 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

I kinda have to agree.

I wonder what they're going to do about it, though.

Now that the tension isn't there any more, then where do they go with it? Do they hide it? Make it even more awkward? End it in a messy way?

#32 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:31 AM

Oh, I feel so bad for Jess! How unfair of Sam to just dump her like that. I enjoyed Nick's moonwalk, though :lol: I'm glad that Schmidt and Cece hooked up at the end but Tivo cut off the last minute. All I saw was them making out. Did I miss anything important in that last minute?

#33 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

The only thing that happened after that was Schmidt asking if she wanted the turban on or off.

Cece's response: I'm going to hate myself for this but.....turban on!

And then they went at it. :P

#34 appleannie123

appleannie123

Noob

• 2 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

I watched an episode of this not too long ago. I did enjoy the show quite a bit. I am going to be a regular at watching this show. I keep forgetting to add it to my DVR. I do not get much of a chance to watch live television.

#35 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

This is such a crazy show! They really take quirky to a whole new level. I've seen a few episodes but I was never in love with it so I didn't keep up. I'm not even sure what night or what channel it comes on.

#36 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

It airs on Fox and is on Tuesday nights at 9/8 Central time.

I only know that because I looked it up, though, hehe. I always watch it online later in the week instead.

#37 Aberdeen

Aberdeen

Friendly

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:17 AM

Nick and Jess are by far my favorite characters but I like the whole ensemble tbh

I am one of the people who wasn't a fan of Zooey but is now. She is just too adorable to not like

#38 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:53 PM

I’ve also always liked Zooey as well. But I won’t always remember her solely for this role. However, I agree this is a role she was meant to play. She was perfect in 500 Days of Summer as well. She is quite a profound comedic actress. She is the primary reason why I wanted to give the show a chance and will continue to watch.  I also just like who she seems to be as a person in real life.

#39 MissPotato

MissPotato

Shy

• 5 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:06 PM

I just love this show. I hate season breaks, though, they make me want to watch it sooner even more. One thing I particularly loved from the latest season is the increasing storyline participation of Winston. He used to be just in the background. I hope they keep it up!

#40 Ichigo Fraise

Ichigo Fraise

Noob

• 4 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:10 PM

SPOILER(for those who haven't watched the latest episodes)!!!

Finally! Jess and Nick have finally worked out their feelings for one another.

I can't wait for the next season and what's going to happen next.

And poor Schmidt. I wonder who he's going to pick. :lol: