• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 Rekoj09

Rekoj09

Friendly

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:27 AM

The first season starts off a little slow, so you have to give it some time. I heard the other day that Damon Wayans Jr.'s character Coach is coming back for a few episodes or so, since Happy Endings was canceled. I really liked his character in the first episode, and I was really confused when he wasn't in the rest of the show when it first started, so I'm glad that they're reintroducing him a bit. I bet he and Winston will have good chemistry since we have yet to see them interacting and because he got along well with the other three.

#42 Rekoj09

Rekoj09

Friendly

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:21 PM

Zooey's been singing for a while now. She's the "she" in the band She & Him, and I think they just released their third album recently. I remember her singing in the show in Elf when Buddy (Will Ferrell) was in the bathroom, and she didn't know it.

#43 Rekoj09

Rekoj09

Friendly

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:42 PM

I'm not into their style of music so much, but they do have a few songs I like. I haven't listened to the new album yet, though.

I'm glad this show is still going strong. I was sad to hear about Dennis Farina passing away today; he played Nick's father, and I'm kind of curious how it's going to play into the show.

#44 hogwarts

hogwarts

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:57 AM

I started watching this show for Zooey, stayed for Schmidt. He is so deserving of his Emmy nomination and livens up every scene he's in. I love Zooey in this too; it's right up her alley. My friends always draw comparisons between me and her character since I sing a lot and am probably just as awkward. But in a subtler way, probably.

I wish Schmidt and Cece would get together and be that adorable couple that doesn't really break up a lot. Jess and Nick could be the Ross and Rachel of the show, while Schmidt and Cece could be the Monica and Chandler, if that makes sense.

#45 dethdealer24

dethdealer24

Cordial

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:18 PM

I actually really like Zooey Deschanel, but I have yet to watch the show, I've heard a lot of good things about it, but I just never made the time. But after reading some of the posts on here I think I am going to give it a shot. Netflix just uploaded the first season a few days ago, and I already have it in my instant queue, so I'll probably start watching a few episodes tonight.

#46 XxMotleyCrueXx

XxMotleyCrueXx

Cordial

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:15 AM

I like the character's quirkiness. I knew I was hooked when she created her own theme song during the first several episodes of the show. She's seemed to fit nicely in the Tuesday comedy line up on FOX. She's not a bad singer either which really surprised me!

zooey does have a nice singing voice, I heard her sing in the movie Yes Man and thought it was actually good!

#47 AyeManda

AyeManda

Cordial

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:06 PM

Zooey's been singing for a while now. She's the "she" in the band She & Him, and I think they just released their third album recently. I remember her singing in the show in Elf when Buddy (Will Ferrell) was in the bathroom, and she didn't know it.

I TOTALLY forgot about Zooey's singing scene on Elf, that girl really can sing!  I had no idea she sang in an actual band though.  I'll have to look them up and download a few of the tracks.  Hahahaa, you learn something new everyday!

#48 n87

n87

Cordial

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:47 PM

It's a pretty good show, it's just really my cup of tea. It's certainly not bad though. My brother has been obsessed with it lately though, probably because of Zoey Deschannel. I'll probably try to get into it more after I run out of episodes of shows I'm watching now.

#49 bstahr

bstahr

Shy

• 6 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:36 PM

I love "New Girl," and I've been re-watching the first season on Netflix. I may be in the minority, but Nick is my absolute favorite character. He's somewhat pathetic, but I think it's hilarious. I love how self-deprecating he is sometimes, and other times how goofy he can be. I recently watched the episode where he danced naked in front of the mirror in his bedroom, and I was laughing about it for the rest of the night. Schmidt is pretty great, too, but Nick has my heart.  :lol:

#50 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:27 PM

I love "New Girl," and I've been re-watching the first season on Netflix. I may be in the minority, but Nick is my absolute favorite character. He's somewhat pathetic, but I think it's hilarious. I love how self-deprecating he is sometimes, and other times how goofy he can be. I recently watched the episode where he danced naked in front of the mirror in his bedroom, and I was laughing about it for the rest of the night. Schmidt is pretty great, too, but Nick has my heart.  :lol:

Nick is my favorite male on the show as well! Schmidt is entertaining, but I find a lot of his storylines a little too over the top.  However, I really liked his storyline with Elizabeth this past season. But Nick is ridiculous in a more relatable capacity and I think that is why he is so endearing.  I’m concerned to see how things play out with him and Jess though. I think they will be end-game, but I doubt they will keep them as a couple for the entirety of the show.

#51 squareeyes89

squareeyes89

Cordial

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:45 AM

I started watching this show for Zooey, stayed for Schmidt. He is so deserving of his Emmy nomination and livens up every scene he's in. I love Zooey in this too; it's right up her alley. My friends always draw comparisons between me and her character since I sing a lot and am probably just as awkward. But in a subtler way, probably.

I wish Schmidt and Cece would get together and be that adorable couple that doesn't really break up a lot. Jess and Nick could be the Ross and Rachel of the show, while Schmidt and Cece could be the Monica and Chandler, if that makes sense.

Schmidt's my second favorite character, Jess being my favorite. ;-) I know most women prefer Nick and he's entertaining enough but I'm a Schmidt type of girl ha ha. It's also nice to know that I'm not the only one who wants Cece to give Schmidt a fair chance. It's so obvious that he's in love with her and I think she has feelings for him too but that she refuses to acknowledge them. Hopefully by the time she realizes that Schmidt's the right guy, that it's not too late!

Edited by squareeyes89, 18 September 2013 - 07:45 AM.

#52 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

There's a couple of really touching episodes. I thought the one where they stayed up all night on the beach with Nick because he thought he had cancer was sweet.

I also liked the episode where Jess missed out on the street with the special Christmas lights display so they stood outside the houses yelling "Turn on your lights!"

This show is kind of sweet and gives me the warm fuzzies sometimes.

#53 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:10 PM

The premiere was a bit disappointing. I do hope Elizabeth will stay on the show for a while. I’m worried Nick & Jess won’t be an interesting now they are together.

#54 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:46 AM

The premiere was a bit disappointing. I do hope Elizabeth will stay on the show for a while. I’m worried Nick & Jess won’t be an interesting now they are together.

It's true, once a couple gets together, it takes a lof of the excitement out of the show. Jim and Pam on the Office weren't quite as interesting with two kids and Jim rushing off to business meetings in another state. Hopefully they'll figure out how to keep things interesting between Nick and Jess.

#55 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:09 AM

I liked the Nick and Jess storyline this episode. I’m happy to see Angela on a new sitcom. I’m also happy Winston had more of a storyline. Overall, I thought this episode was cute. It wasn’t too over-the-top to the extent of annoying me.

#56 DVRJunkie

DVRJunkie

Cordial

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:54 PM

Michael Keaton being Schmidt's secret best friend was a great storyline!  One of my favorite aspects of this show is that I enjoy the entire cast, and I think it's great how certain storylines involve all of them.  As much as I root for Jess and Nick as a couple, I enjoy everyone on the show.  :)

I love that Schmidt said he was moving out, and he just moved across the hall. :lol:   My guess is Coach aka Damon Wayans will be the new roommate.  I love seeing Schmidt show some vulnerability this season too.  That scene in the restaurant with Schmidt and Cece was rough but well acted.

#57 Banana

Banana

Cordial

• 16 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

I think it's nice that they're capitalizing on Jess' and NIck's romance. It sure was funny to see Schmidt try to break them off. However I think they're going back to the old days when there isn't enough story line around Wilson. He's such a funny character, I hope he gets more attention again, like last season.

#58 fountainthom

fountainthom

Shy

• 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:10 PM

I started watching this show for Zooey, stayed for Schmidt.

Amen. I actually was super wary of New Girl when it first came out because I've never been a huge Zooey fan, but when I was finally convinced to watch it I fell in love with the other characters. Schmidt, Nick and Winston all have such awesome depth and good storylines. They absolutely make that show worth watching.

#59 SweetDee

SweetDee

Shy

• 7 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:56 PM

I looooooove Zoey Deschanel, she is so freaking adorable. I had seen here in a few movies previous to watching New Girl and I love her sister in Bones [both as such strikingly beautiful eyes! Putting us under their spell] 

But yeah, the show is cute and it makes me laugh. I love the chemistry of the cast. Schmidt is probably my kindred.

#60 Roseary

Roseary

Cordial

• 10 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:20 PM

It's a shame to see a few of you aren't big Zoey Deschanel fans. I loved her in Yes Man. Like the person above me said, I love her and she has an adorable quality; though she can be a little awkward to watch sometimes.

In New Girl her quirkiness is hard for me to watch in the first few epsiodes. I feel like they really laid it on thick on making a point that she wasn't just a girl living with guy roommates, she was a strange one they have never encountered before. As the seasons go on though I find myself laughing a lot more at her random behavior. Especially her and Nick? Their chemistry on screen is awesome, and most their conversations end up making me laugh.