• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 AshleyJoy

AshleyJoy

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:16 PM

I started watching this show for Zooey, stayed for Schmidt. He is so deserving of his Emmy nomination and livens up every scene he's in. I love Zooey in this too; it's right up her alley. My friends always draw comparisons between me and her character since I sing a lot and am probably just as awkward. But in a subtler way, probably.

I wish Schmidt and Cece would get together and be that adorable couple that doesn't really break up a lot. Jess and Nick could be the Ross and Rachel of the show, while Schmidt and Cece could be the Monica and Chandler, if that makes sense.

Haha. I enjoy your comparisons to Friends. I just don't know if I can see Cece and Schmidt staying together the way that Monica and Chandler did. Not with their long lists of issues. I do, however, hope that they end up together. I was really upset when he cheated on her with Elizabeth and ruined their relationship.

I love "New Girl," and I've been re-watching the first season on Netflix. I may be in the minority, but Nick is my absolute favorite character. He's somewhat pathetic, but I think it's hilarious. I love how self-deprecating he is sometimes, and other times how goofy he can be. I recently watched the episode where he danced naked in front of the mirror in his bedroom, and I was laughing about it for the rest of the night. Schmidt is pretty great, too, but Nick has my heart.  :lol:

I absolutely agree with you! Nick's character is hilarious! He is just so sad and desperate, and I am really enjoying the relationship between him and Jess. I totally saw the chemistry from the beginning and really hoped that they would be together. I think he is really great!

#62 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:19 PM

I'm a Prince fan and I find it weird that he's a fan of The New Girl and asked to be on the show. He said that he wanted to help advance the relationship between Nick and Jess.

Prince never struck me as the type to watch sitcoms. How odd. Anyway ,I missed his episode so I'll have to find it online.

#63 sillylucy

sillylucy

Friendly

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:58 PM

Jess you are so quirky! Jessica Day's quirkiness kinda bugged me on the first couple of episodes, but then I fell in love with the show. I really love her roommates and the writers have done a good job. The Cece and Schmidt romance is pretty awesome. I love this show!

#64 squareeyes89

squareeyes89

Cordial

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:05 PM

So great to read that I'm not the only one who ships Schmidt and Cece as well as Nick and Jess. :)

When it comes to Jess, it's funny but Nick is the only guy I've liked for her. Maybe I'm biased because I didn't find the doctor or the older man played by Dermot Mulroney attractive, looks or personality wise. They both seemed like they had skeletons in their closet and wanted to much control whereas Nick is willing to do just about anything and look goofy in the process for Jess.

Edited by squareeyes89, 16 March 2014 - 10:05 PM.

#65 zerotoinfinity

zerotoinfinity

Cordial

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:30 AM

I just heard about this show from my Korean friend living in the United States.  The reason I'm bringing this up now is because my friend seems to be going through the same situation as the main character in the show, minus the breakup.  Her and her friend are moving into a new room because of money issues.  They are sharing a house with two single guys... so I'm sure she can relate to that show more than I can, haha.  But I'll check this show out, for sure!

#66 bigbrain50

bigbrain50

Cordial

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:44 AM

Solid 1st and second season, but the writers seem to be struggling with the 3rd season, as if they wrote themselves in a corner having Jess and Nick hook so soon, maybe they should ask Chuck Lorey over at CBS for help lol...

#67 pepsiguy2

pepsiguy2

Shy

• 8 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:02 AM

Does the new season with Coach get any better? I stopped watching after episode 10 because he is SO cringe-inducing, and I don't think anyone really wanted him back. He was a character that the fans had forgotten about and had almost no place in the world of New Girl, and they just shoved him back in because his other show got cancelled. Sigh.

#68 TiaraMurphy

TiaraMurphy

Shy

• 5 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:05 PM

Jess you are so quirky! Jessica Day's quirkiness kinda bugged me on the first couple of episodes, but then I fell in love with the show. I really love her roommates and the writers have done a good job. The Cece and Schmidt romance is pretty awesome. I love this show!

I definitely felt the same. She was driving me nuts at first and I thought "I can't watch this." The guys were so funny though and kept me watching. Finally, I grew attached to her. I also love Cece and Schmidt, but I definitely think that Nick and Jess hooked up way too fast. It's like, okay, what now??

#69 SaraQ

SaraQ

Shy

• 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:59 PM

I started watching the show because it used to air on Star World. From there i religiously followed the season. Jess and Nick are such a cute couple. They are both odd but still make it work. I think schmidt and cece should be together forever their chemistry is great and it shows on screen.

#70 AllBuffedUp

AllBuffedUp

Cordial

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:39 PM

Does the new season with Coach get any better? I stopped watching after episode 10 because he is SO cringe-inducing, and I don't think anyone really wanted him back. He was a character that the fans had forgotten about and had almost no place in the world of New Girl, and they just shoved him back in because his other show got cancelled. Sigh.

Aw, come on. I love the fact that Coach came back. I mean, it was pretty funny and awkward when in the first few episodes of the series, one black dude was just being changed with no explanation for another black dude. The fact that they later on addressed the joke ('That's Coach, he meets a girl and he just disappears!') was pretty classy and well played.

#71 newSAHMmy

newSAHMmy

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:44 AM

I started watching this show for Zooey, stayed for Schmidt. He is so deserving of his Emmy nomination and livens up every scene he's in.

So did I!  I think Zooey is super cute and the whole reverse Three's Company caught my attention...but Schmidt?  OMG.  He just keeps killing it more and more.  I admit right now I'm a little behind but I love the show.  Schmidt always makes me laugh.  I don't know what's happened since the LAX episode but I hope he and Cece work things out.  Cece is hilarious too sometimes.  When it was Thanksgiving that she pretended to not speak English to her blind date?  LOLOLOL