• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 tvFool

tvFool

Cordial

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:50 PM

Steve Wilkos is a retired police officer that served as Jerry Springer's "security guards" He's also served in the United States Marines and now hosts the daytime reality talk show where he interviews guests on a variety of subjects that he used to deal with as a cop.

What I like about it is that he approaches it like a father would but also as a cop. I think it's hard to turn off the cop side of him when trying to work with the guests on his show. I especially like it when he boots the guilty or those who won't change off his stage.

Attachments:
[*:351dc506c9] SteveWilkos.jpg (76.7 KB)

#2 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:07 AM

Posted Image

I almost stopped reading after "Jerry Springer"

LOL @ his punishing methods. They've been bad boys or girls so in the corner they must go!

#3 tvFool

tvFool

Cordial

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:45 AM

I actually love it. His chair throwing caught me off guard when I first saw it. I thought, how is someone professing to be non-violent able to sling chairs (he broke several since I've been watching)? He's also no stranger to thugs and street punks that seem to delight in nudging Steve to hit them. I often wonder if he brings home his work. I know his wife works as director for both shows. I wonder what the pillow talk is in that home.

#4 Rhodes

Rhodes

Cordial

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:36 AM

There are 2 episodes a day that air in my area and I catch both. Yesterday, he had on 2 heartbreaking episodes involving babies. One was about spousal abuse thrown in with the child abuse, the other was about a battered baby whose 19 year old father had squeezed the rib cage and broke it and blackened both eyes. I found myself in tears. How anyone could do that is beyond me.

#5 RemoteStealer

RemoteStealer

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:48 AM

I remembered him on Jerry Springer, the crowd would go wild when he would be announced to come on stage at the beginning. He was reserved though, except when he was asked to help someone. Was really thrilled to hear he had his own show. He hasn't changed from the days of Jerry Springer when he helped some of the guests or would go on "special assignment" when on JS show. I watch his show faithfully every day.

#6 CAMom50

CAMom50

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:55 AM

I like Steve Wilkos myself when he's not being the bully. Lately he's had on some really bad apples and his theme of child molesters and abusers had been a pet peeve of mine. He's desensitizing the issues instead of mixing them up, it's a steady diet of one show after another of this same issue. There's more to the back alley issues than child molestation and abuse. YES it's bad, WE GET IT, let's talk about people who steal for drugs or other crimes I'm sure are equally as horrendous and need attention. NOT saying child molestation isn't a heart wrenching deal, it's just that if you keep doing it, people will stop listening to it. Just saying..

#7 Autlia22

Autlia22

Cordial

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:37 PM

But are those guests real? I mean, who would go onto a show like this and air the dirtiest of dirty laundry this way? As for the ones who are made to wait outside until they are called onstage to hear something they supposedly don't know --- they've got to know it'll be something bad. Why would they agree to do it?

I can't get my head around people who would actually act like this, in front of millions of viewers. The whole thing has to be staged, it just has to be.

#8 ILoveArcher

ILoveArcher

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:12 AM

There was a show yesterday that was two part episode and it was the most disgusting, trailer trash crap I had ever seen. The girl apparently was abused to some degree by her mother because mom was always hopped up on drugs and lost custody of all her kids, so when the little girl grows up ( 18 ) she seeks out her father because they had never had a relationship, and next thing you know, her and her father were involved intimately. And they justified doing this because they had never had a father/daughter relationship.

The girl and her dad are somewhat regular guests on the show, and Steve keeps trying to get her to leave her father because she's wasting her life with this grown man who's seducing his own child. This time, her mother got cleaned up, and been doing no drugs, getting her life back on track and was trying to convince her daughter to leave her father. Ughh...even typing this gives me the willies. The girl even thought she was pregnant by her father at one time. I pray to God that this is one storyline that's scripted because I can't imagine anyone being so incredibly disgusting.

#9 CAMom50

CAMom50

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:17 AM

I saw that episode and it was very shocking to see this on Wilkos because he is bringing to the front (usually) the abuse of children and women to shame the abuser. I get that. This was painful to watch because the daughter's smirk made me want to reach right through the screen and pop her a good one; and I am far from the violent type.

Wilkos brings to the surface those things he dealt with on the streets as a cop. It's at times painful to watch, but, when he's keeping to his want to bring to justice those that wronged others and help those hurt and those who are victims and underdogs by giving them a voice and a ray of hope it's actually a decent show and from what I read, as real as the day is long. I need to note that his wife is the producer of Springer if that helps to know why, at times, Wilkos dons the Springer persona from time to time.

#10 tvFool

tvFool

Cordial

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:52 AM

I saw that episode and it was very shocking to see this on Wilkos because he is bringing to the front (usually) the abuse of children and women to shame the abuser. I get that. This was painful to watch because the daughter's smirk made me want to reach right through the screen and pop her a good one; and I am far from the violent type.

Wilkos brings to the surface those things he dealt with on the streets as a cop. It's at times painful to watch, but, when he's keeping to his want to bring to justice those that wronged others and help those hurt and those who are victims and underdogs by giving them a voice and a ray of hope it's actually a decent show and from what I read, as real as the day is long. I need to note that his wife is the producer of Springer if that helps to know why, at times, Wilkos dons the Springer persona from time to time.

I think that's the point of the show, to incite emotion in people. It can be satisfying, when, at the end of a really intense show he throws the offender off the stage and, if they're really bad, out of the studio. I have wondered as I watch though, what happens when the lie detector results clearly show he/she lied and has sexually/mentally/physically abused their children or those they were caring for? I would love to see the very cops providing security to arrest the offenders on the spot once the truth comes out. I don't know why they don't.

#11 edna

edna

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:57 AM

I will admit it, I have never watched the show but everyone knows who Steve is even if they are not a Jerry fan. It makes me wonder what made him decide to get into the same ordeals, anyone know?

#12 destiny

destiny

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:30 AM

I love Steve Wilkos. I watch him every day and sometimes both shows. I sometimes catch myself wishing he had this show when i was married to my first husband. He was very abusive and I would have loved to see Steve kick his butt off his stage and help me get away from him safely.

#13 mochajoeee

mochajoeee

Shy

• 7 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:29 PM

I think the Steve Wilkos show is great. I have so much respect for him. I absolutely love how he makes his guest earn a chair on his stage. And if one does sit who isn't suppose too, he makes them get up ans kick the chair out from them. I like how he gets to the point as well. Gets the story, gets the facts, reads the results, and you have it. No fillers or anything. He really seams like he is genuine and cares for everyone. I watch his show daily on the mornings while I sip on my coffee!

#14 LO0715

LO0715

Cordial

• 11 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:50 AM

I used to watch the Steve Wilkos show every time it aired, but haven't watched it in awhile. I really liked his show and the way he conducted himself with the audience and also the guests. His straight to the point boldness has always been my favorite characteristic about him. He really does have a "no holds-bar" effect when he is getting down to the truth of any topic that he covers on his show.

It is crazy because when I think about the first time I remember him appearing on television, when he was part of the Jerry Springer security team, I would have never thought he would be such an amazing talk show host! :)

#15 sweetkymom

sweetkymom

Noob

• 4 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:54 PM

I never did like Jerry Springer but when I found out Steve Wilkos had his own show, I determined myself to give it a try. I wanted to see what he could do that Jerry didn't do. I fell in love with his attitude on how he handles the idiotic situations. He slings chairs and gets in these people's faces to give them a taste of reality. He makes them really think about what happened and the what ifs in the future.

#16 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:32 AM

I do find that Steve Wilkos can be a little bit harsh where the harshness is not necessary at times, but other than that I love his show manner. I do disagree with him at times too, but i still really enjoy the show. I love how hard he comes down on child molesters.

#17 kmommy37

kmommy37

Cordial

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:11 PM

I really miss The Steve Wilkos show because I saw this guy trying to make a difference. Sometimes in life people need to hear the harsh truth in order to make them aware of the bad decisions they may be making. I want to see more shows where a difference is being made and real issues are being covered. Let these cowards know that love to hurt and victimize people for their own sick agenda that type of behavior won't be tolerated by all.

#18 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:33 AM

I really miss The Steve Wilkos show because I saw this guy trying to make a difference. Sometimes in life people need to hear the harsh truth in order to make them aware of the bad decisions they may be making. I want to see more shows where a difference is being made and real issues are being covered. Let these cowards know that love to hurt and victimize people for their own sick agenda that type of behavior won't be tolerated by all.

What do you mean, you miss it? Has the show been cancelled or something? :( I hope not. I agree with what you said. Steve really seemed to care about his guests. He was one of the only hosts who really got passionate, and as a viewer you could feel his thirst to help these people.

#19 primalclaws1974

primalclaws1974

Cordial

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:30 PM

This guy is one of the worst talk show hosts to ever be on TV. He found his niche as Springer's main security guard, and should have stayed there. I hate how he acts like he cares about the people that seem to be victims on his show. I hate even worse how he gets in men's faces like he's some tough guy, knowing full-well no one is going to take a swing at him. They are being paid to be on the show, plus he would sue them if they touched him. He is a complete phony, and forgets the people he claims to care about as soon as they step off his show.