af_mike_and_molly.jpg

Official Website

#2 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:49 PM

This is a great show , hope this season Carl find a new love interest. I wonder if Mike and Molly will gets their own place this season or at least move down to the basement. I know Victoria went back to college, does anyone know what she is studying?

#3 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:09 AM

I really liked this show. It was placed in a great spot on Monday nights after 2 Broke Girls. Where did it go, and why didn't it come back? Monday nights will not be the same without them.... 

#4 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:08 AM

I really liked this show. It was placed in a great spot on Monday nights after 2 Broke Girls. Where did it go, and why didn't it come back? Monday nights will not be the same without them.... 

From what I have read the show will be coming back as a mid season replacement . I have no idea what time slot this show will be taking or which night it will be shown. I think the did this to force us to watch some of the new fall show.

#5 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:03 AM

From what I have read the show will be coming back as a mid season replacement . I have no idea what time slot this show will be taking or which night it will be shown. I think the did this to force us to watch some of the new fall show.

How could they do that to us? Melissa McCarthy has been very busy with movies, so I thought maybe that was the reason why. I was just hoping it didn't get cancelled already. 

#6 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:02 AM

From my understanding Mike and Molly will return to the CBS schedule at the beginning of November.  I guess the cancellation of We are Men facilitated its return to the schedule.  There is no denying that CBS was trying to give their new sitcoms a chance.  We Are Men got a fair enough chance coming on after How I Met Your Mother, but failed to deliver.

Right now CBS is showing reruns of other sitcoms in the Mike and Molly time slot till the shows return.  One thing is certain Mike and Molly wasn't cancelled its been highly successful for CBS on Monday nights.

#7 Kratos

Kratos

Cordial

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

We are men was a pretty good show, and I don't know why it was cancelled. Mike and Molly it wants to be a success and uses the same formula like The King of Queens, but it only fails miserably in doing that. I watched the first season hoping that it will get better with time, but it didn't, it's just bad.

#8 mama2012

mama2012

Shy

• 7 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:20 PM

I love this show!! I was worried 'Molly' may  be too busy with her movie career to contniue with this show, but so glad she isn't.  This is one of the funniest shows on right now!  Carl's grandma's tells it like it is and her demeanor helps make the show.  So glad it will be returning soon.  

#9 mylyric

mylyric

Cordial

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

Mike in Molly is a show I watch from time to time and I must say that I think it is quite funny. I really appreciate how they've finally created a show with a plus sized couple. By far, Molly is so funny and I loved her in the movie "Identity Thief". She is a very talented actress who has great movies under her belt and I know that we can expect greater things from her in the future.

#10 Kratos

Kratos

Cordial

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:14 AM

Mike in Molly is a show I watch from time to time and I must say that I think it is quite funny. I really appreciate how they've finally created a show with a plus sized couple. By far, Molly is so funny and I loved her in the movie "Identity Thief". She is a very talented actress who has great movies under her belt and I know that we can expect greater things from her in the future.

There are many shows that featured obese actors, and I don't think that this new trend that states that is ok to have 350 pounds, eat as much as you can is a good example for the young viewers. I watched a few more episodes but even if it has some funny moments the show is bad.

Edited by Kratos, 26 October 2013 - 10:15 AM.

#11 mylyric

mylyric

Cordial

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

There are many shows that featured obese actors, and I don't think that this new trend that states that is ok to have 350 pounds, eat as much as you can is a good example for the young viewers. I watched a few more episodes but even if it has some funny moments the show is bad.

I guess I haven't paid any attention to shows with over weight couples before this show. I can appreciate that this is someone's reality and not just the normal "big guy/small girl" or "small girl/ small guy".  It was something different for me to watch. This is not one of my favorite shows, but when I come across it I know it is going to give me a few laughs.

#12 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

I don't mean to offend or attack you , but I have to say that I this statement bigoted. I am speaking of your statement, NOT YOU. If you were to comment on the quality of a television show based on some other superficial attribute , instead of the actual elements of the show , people would express their disappointment. The two lead actors do an excellent job of portraying their on screen characters. If you paid close attention to the show you would see that both Mike and Molly struggle with their weight , attend an over eater anonymous group , and are working hard to improve. Even if there were not , what difference does it make? The world is made up of peoples of different shapes, sizes , and colors , everyone of them have the right to be represented equally on the screen without judgement, or back lash. You see actor on the screen who are dangerously wafer thin ,there are actor who are in and out of rehab or jail , still no one says they don't have the right to work or be seen because they are not a good example for young viewers. 

#13 mylyric

mylyric

Cordial

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:42 AM

I don't mean to offend or attack you , but I have to say that I this statement bigoted. I am speaking of your statement, NOT YOU. If you were to comment on the quality of a television show based on some other superficial attribute , instead of the actual elements of the show , people would express their disappointment. The two lead actors do an excellent job of portraying their on screen characters. If you paid close attention to the show you would see that both Mike and Molly struggle with their weight , attend an over eater anonymous group , and are working hard to improve. Even if there were not , what difference does it make? The world is made up of peoples of different shapes, sizes , and colors , everyone of them have the right to be represented equally on the screen without judgement, or back lash. You see actor on the screen who are dangerously wafer thin ,there are actor who are in and out of rehab or jail , still no one says they don't have the right to work or be seen because they are not a good example for young viewers. 

I never intended to make a statement that may have sounded like a bigoted one. It's okay that you feel such a way, because we are all entitled to our opinions. I just mentioned that I've never seen this before. This is kind of weird for me, because I don't really get into debates or disagreements online  :blink: . We will have to agree to disagree on this one. I've read many post on this site that I have not personally agreed with, but at the end of the day they are voicing their opinions. I'm pretty sure if I scanned through some of your post on the forum you might have some things that a person would find questionable. So I appreciate your passion for issues such as this, but I think I'll pass. 

#14 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:00 PM

I never intended to make a statement that may have sounded like a bigoted one. It's okay that you feel such a way, because we are all entitled to our opinions. I just mentioned that I've never seen this before. This is kind of weird for me, because I don't really get into debates or disagreements online  :blink: . We will have to agree to disagree on this one. I've read many post on this site that I have not personally agreed with, but at the end of the day they are voicing their opinions. I'm pretty sure if I scanned through some of your post on the forum you might have some things that a person would find questionable. So I appreciate your passion for issues such as this, but I think I'll pass.

First of all I am sorry if you took what I said personally, this was not a personal attack on you or anyone else, I was simple replying to a statement that was made. I apologize if your feelings were hurt. I also have no interest in a quarrel or debate , but friendly conversations are always welcome.

Edited by NDN, 27 October 2013 - 03:29 PM.

#15 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:00 PM

Actually MyLyric this post was not directed toward you. In Your post was a statement that was linked in the quote with a statement made by Kratos . I understand that these were not your words, and that they simple became connected within the quote. I was mainly referring to his post , not the one you made , it in fact your comment  was quite harmless. I have no issue with anything you have said. What I was saying was not directed toward you in any way.

#16 Kratos

Kratos

Cordial

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

I watched only a few episodes of this show, and I personally didn't enjoyed it. My opinion was purely subjective and in a way superficial because I haven't had the time to become familiarised with the main characters.

#17 mylyric

mylyric

Cordial

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:45 AM

NDN,

I actually realized that kind of late  :P . When I realized that Kratos wrote under my post I saw exactly what you were referring to. I'm a little new to the forum thing, so sometimes I catch on a little slow. My feelings weren't hurt, I was just puzzled for the most part. I'm just happy I did not say anything disrespectful out of frustration. Thank you for taking the time to clear that up, because I try my hardest never to offend anyone. 

#18 ChristinaJCurtin

ChristinaJCurtin

Noob

• 4 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:48 AM

I really like the humor in this show. Its really light hearted 

#19 TinaJoanne

TinaJoanne

Noob

• 4 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:44 PM

I just can't get into this show. Aside from Melissa McCarthy, the performances are mediocre, and even McCarthy is hobbled by the second-rate material. The premise is tired, the jokes are cliches from beginning to end, the narratives are boring and the characters are caricatures. Due respect to fans of Mike and Molly, I just can't find a single redeeming feature in it.

#20 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:28 PM

It looks like they are shaking things up with the format of this show. Victoria seems to be getting more screen time and a bit more serious. At the same time Molly appears to have lost her focus and is kind of scattered. I like the idea of the police officer and his school teacher wife and I wish they had not changed Molly's job. I will keep watching to see how this now story line will develope.