• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:53 PM

My local library has several book clubs that run every month. I have always wanted to join one , but I never seem to get there before they fill up and all the books are signed out.

When I read a book I wonder what other people are thinking when the read the same thing . I would love to discuss a book and find out someone else's take on the lot the charters and even the writer.

#22 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:11 AM

My friend also wanted to initiate a book club and have me be a part of it, but i am not a fan of commitments to be honest.

It doesn't matter how much I like doing something; I don't want to have to do something at a specific time. It feels limiting and restricting. I want to be able to read when I want to read, and talk about it when I want to talk about it lol.

#23 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:58 AM

I've never been part of a book club. I'd rather just read stuff on my own in my own time, you know?

#24 LO0715

LO0715

Cordial

• 11 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:27 AM

My local library has several book clubs that run every month. I have always wanted to join one , but I never seem to get there before they fill up and all the books are signed out.

When I read a book I wonder what other people are thinking when the read the same thing . I would love to discuss a book and find out someone else's take on the lot the charters and even the writer.

I always wanted to join a book club as well. I think it is interesting to hear what others think about a book that I have read and what they perceived the story to mean. Outside of when I was in school, I haven't really participated in any book clubs, so I try to make up for it by recommending books to family members who enjoy reading and then we discuss our opinions on the books shared.

It tends to work out well as a "temporary" solution of feeling like I'm part of a book club. If you find a club or want to create one, please let me know. I wouldn't mind becoming a member. :)

#25 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:37 AM

I always wanted to join a book club as well. I think it is interesting to hear what others think about a book that I have read and what they perceived the story to mean. Outside of when I was in school, I haven't really participated in any book clubs, so I try to make up for it by recommending books to family members who enjoy reading and then we discuss our opinions on the books shared.

It tends to work out well as a "temporary" solution of feeling like I'm part of a book club. If you find a club or want to create one, please let me know. I wouldn't mind becoming a member. :)

Do you have friends who also like to read? If so, you should/could start your own book club. 

Find a book that everyone wants to read, and start up a club every week. I did this and I am having an absolute blast so far. So much fun to get everyone's different perspectives on some of the chapters.

#26 LO0715

LO0715

Cordial

• 11 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:38 PM

I just recently moved to a new city and don't know many people, but I'm going to check out the library and see what they have going on in this area. I'm sure it will be a lot of fun and it definitely would be great to have something to do when I have some spare time. Books have always been somewhat like food to my soul. I look forward to researching and seeing what kind of book clubs are in my area.

#27 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:55 PM

I just recently moved to a new city and don't know many people, but I'm going to check out the library and see what they have going on in this area. I'm sure it will be a lot of fun and it definitely would be great to have something to do when I have some spare time. Books have always been somewhat like food to my soul. I look forward to researching and seeing what kind of book clubs are in my area.

Oh, ok then. Well I am sure that you will meet and mingle with like-minded people along the way ;) Books have always been food for my souls too. :D

#28 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:45 PM

Do you have friends who also like to read? If so, you should/could start your own book club. 

Find a book that everyone wants to read, and start up a club every week. I did this and I am having an absolute blast so far. So much fun to get everyone's different perspectives on some of the chapters.

Funny that you ask , because I have friends who all love to read , we are constantly asking one another what are you reading? It is strange that none of us have thought to do this before.  Great idea thanks for the suggestion.

#29 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:39 AM

Funny that you ask , because I have friends who all love to read , we are constantly asking one another what are you reading? It is strange that none of us have thought to do this before.  Great idea thanks for the suggestion.

You are welcome. Not only is it a great way to socialize and pick the minds of your friends in a different setting, sort of, but you all get to enjoy a book together too. It is so cool to hear everybody's different perspectives on each chapter.

#30 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:08 PM

That does sound pretty cool, the way you described it. I've never been in an "official" book club, but more casual stuff. My mom, some friends and family members, read a book then pass it around to the others, or buy them a copy. Then we talk about it, usually not all together, since we live in distant places. I do like learning other people's opinions on books, and sometimes I go back and read again feeling like I missed something, after hearing their ideas.

#31 Sefarad

Sefarad

Friendly

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 10:13 PM

I plan to join a book club once I move. I want to do that because I need a new hobby, and I also hope to meet some new people will I pursue that new hobby. I love the idea of reading a book and meet with a group of people to discuss the boon. I am hoping to meet a lot new people.