• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#1 RemoteStealer

RemoteStealer

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:13 AM

I honestly thought I wouldn't like the program because who wants to watch a cliched plot that has been done to death at the movies? I was delighted and surprised how well written this show is and has a unique spin on an old classic of brain vs beauty.

#2 CAMom50

CAMom50

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:46 AM

I love Sheldon's character but I could see where someone would grow tired of his anal retentive ways. He's got to have things just so. And his need for contracts that read like War and Peace is hilarious.

Leonard's actor; Johnny Galecki; threw me, where had I seen him before? I watched BBT daily and every time I saw this actor I kept thinking: man, he looks familiar and then it hits: He played David (Darlene's boyfriend) on Roseanne! His role on National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation as Rusty was what reminded me of where I had seen him. I own the movie and watched it several times over the Christmas holiday. It's a favorite in my home! BBT is just hands down funny. I really enjoy watching the show every chance I get.

#3 RemoteStealer

RemoteStealer

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:57 AM

Leonard's actor; Johnny Galecki; threw me, where had I seen him before? I watched BBT daily and every time I saw this actor I kept thinking: man, he looks familiar and then it hits: He played David (Darlene's boyfriend) on Roseanne! His role on National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation as Rusty was what reminded me of where I had seen him. I own the movie and watched it several times over the Christmas holiday. It's a favorite in my home! BBT is just hands down funny. I really enjoy watching the show every chance I get.

Thank you! I couldn't place where I'd seen Galecki either. His face was familiar yet not. He played a rather effeminate version of a boyfriend, kinda too laid back and too passive if I remember. I'll have to watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation again because I don't recall offhand seeing Galecki as Rusty. I thought that was played by someone else. My curiosity is piqued now.

#4 Gimgak

Gimgak

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:22 PM

I've enjoyed watching a couple episodes of this show but its never been something that I'd regularly view. I don't know why, I like comedies plenty but this show just never clicked with me.

#5 MisguidedAngel

MisguidedAngel

Shy

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:45 AM

BBT is one of my favorites, and I, too, was reluctant to watch it given its premise. I think it's hilarious, most of the time. The Penny/Leonard back-and-forth is tiresome, and while Sheldon is my favorite, he's best in small doses, imo---can you imagine being his roommate? lol

And, um, I have a weird girl crush on Amy Farrah Fowler. Go ahead, judge me.

#6 tvFool

tvFool

Cordial

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:48 AM

I've thought about having Sheldon as a roommate while watching the show and I've come to the conclusion that it would be one heck of a fight and he looks like the scratch and pull hair type. I cannot imagine the fur flying that would happen between us because I am the type that doesn't like to be controlled the way he does. No way.

#7 Deborah1962

Deborah1962

Cordial

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:19 PM

I've thought about having Sheldon as a roommate while watching the show and I've come to the conclusion that it would be one heck of a fight and he looks like the scratch and pull hair type. I cannot imagine the fur flying that would happen between us because I am the type that doesn't like to be controlled the way he does. No way.

I know most of this is TV drama queen stuff but, i think much of what we see in character someone somewhere has dealt with roommates. Not me though, I don't live well with others. I prefer to be on my own. I don't like sharing my space, food, air or anything that is mine. It tends to get dropped, broken, stolen or destroyed but somehow this type of roommate (Sheldon) might, just might not be so bad much like living with Alan Harper on Two and a Half Men might not be a bad thing, his son Jake is another story

#8 diganto

diganto

Cordial

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:19 PM

I really enjoy watching BBT and Sheldon is the heart of the show. Without him it would be just another geek comedy. After reading all the above posts I have seen that no one is talking about Howard or Raj. I kinda enjoy the suttle humour of Raj and the punchlines from Howard. Oh and all the Physics they talk about - none of it is fiction. They have a Physics professor on set to help them out with the equations and formulae.
All in all a great show, have been 5 seasons and I wish it atleast 5 more seasons.
Cheers.

#9 dave

dave

Cordial

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

Jim Parsons is a star and a true actor, does absolute justice to Dr. Cooper. John, Simon, Kunal, Kaley, Mayim all are talented but as per my opinion Jim is the bread and butter of Big Bang Theory.

I quite enjoy watching when Barry Kripkey and Sheldon lock horns. This show is here to stay. Good going Chuck Prady.

#10 Angel

Angel

Cordial

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:10 PM

I have heard so much about the show that I just had to tune in and liked it. I can relate to Penny is so many ways like the lack of knowledge in science, loves drinking, bunch of losers as boy friends. Will post more as I keep watching.

#11 flame

flame

Cordial

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

i think the actor that plays sheldon has the type of magic rubber face that works so well for jim carry or rowan atkinson only a lot more subtle - when he does his "smile" and other normal expressions it cracks me up

#12 Angel

Angel

Cordial

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:40 PM

Any thoughts on Howard's NASA training and Sheldon being asked to take a vacation. He lands up in Amy's lab and is treated by her as an intern :)

On a different note, who do you think is a better couple for a double date with Lenny (Leonard & Penny).

#13 Peggy

Peggy

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:16 AM

When I first heard about Big Bang Theory, I thought it was going to be a terrible show, so I didn't watch it and missed the whole first season. Now that I know how good it is, I try to catch the episodes I missed whenever they do a BBT marathon on TBS. It's a great show. I'm so glad I decided to give it a try!

#14 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:37 AM

And, um, I have a weird girl crush on Amy Farrah Fowler. Go ahead, judge me.

Nope, Mayim Bialik is one adorkable women on television. I dropped early season 2 but I really liked her on The Secret Life of American Teenager

#15 Angel

Angel

Cordial

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

I loved the episode - The Werewolf Transformation - where Sheldon goes nuts trying to find his old Barber and his hair cut 'records'. lol.. Love Sheldon !!!!

#16 MrsWinchester

MrsWinchester

Cordial

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:16 AM

I think this show is hilarious but I don't get to catch it as often as I would like. I get the reruns every once in awhile but haven't been able to maneuver my schedule to include any new episodes.

#17 ILoveArcher

ILoveArcher

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:19 PM

I don't get to catch it as it airs either and somehow when I tivo it, it's replaced by Spongebob and episodes of the Bad Girls Club. But I'm content with the reruns because they're still frakking hilarious and keep me in stitches. I have a friend that thinks Raj and I would make a good couple, and since apparently he doesn't have any love interests on the show, she's now threatening to write in and ask for a date. I noticed that no one bought up his sister Priya though. My little brother is in love with her and determined to move to India so he can meet his Indian beauty. Don't ask.

#18 Norax

Norax

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:01 AM

I think this show is hilarious but I don't get to catch it as often as I would like. I get the reruns every once in awhile but haven't been able to maneuver my schedule to include any new episodes.

Don't worry about it, it is kind of show which is better to watch the whole season at once not to wait for a week or (in some cases) a day or so for the next episode. I always rent the whole season and watch it with my friends on Saturday or Sunday :).

PS. I love it too :D I think it's a great show, but if I could change one thing I would change Penny for more sexy girl (sorry, but I think she is not to sexy for this role) but its my opinion :P

#19 edna

edna

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:10 AM

Sheldon is by far my favorite and even our not too geeky friends enjoy the show, including my mother in-law. I almost wish it was an hour long instead of a sitcom but I think if they stretched it out that far people might get bored with it.

#20 Megan Kathleen

Megan Kathleen

Friendly

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:35 PM

I adore this show. There are certain episodes I could watch over and over again (Bath Item Gift Hypothesis and The Adhesive Duck Deficiency being two of them). And I am truly happy that they are getting the recognition they deserve. Mayim Bialik earned her Emmy nomination for her work as Amy Farrah Fowler. She is the true scene stealer of the show right now.