• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#21 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:54 PM

I like Amy with Sheldon. I think it's a nice balance and her neediness may just push him into...an almost relationship? The actors have great chemistry.

I'm over the Penny/Leonard stuff though. Let them just be together and be happy. This back and forth goes on too long. They're both too old to being doing this back and forth stuff so often.

#22 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:32 PM

I like Amy with Sheldon. I think it's a nice balance and her neediness may just push him into...an almost relationship? The actors have great chemistry.

I'm over the Penny/Leonard stuff though. Let them just be together and be happy. This back and forth goes on too long. They're both too old to being doing this back and forth stuff so often.

I have to agree about Leonard and Penny. Its like riding a roller coaster. I think the writers started their relationship too soon. It left no
anticipation or room for growth. Its weird that Howard and Bernadette are already married and they got together way after Penny and Leonard. How the heck did that happen?

I think the problem is that neither Leonard nor Penny grow. Penny esp. Granted, she's at school now but she's never suggested she wanted anything but acting. I'd think she'd have tried to get a job in the mailroom of an agency or doing reception. Something industry related. I think they need to flesh out the wants of Penny. We know Leonard would be thrilled to get married and start that world (though I guess they can't do that b/c Leonard and Sheldon as roommates is the premise). There just has to be some forward movement.

#23 edna

edna

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:40 AM

I caught this earlier this morning from a friend of mine online. Is anyone here familiar with the cartoon Dexter's Laboratory? If not you may not get the joke but I wanted to share just in case since it brought a quick smile to my face today.

Posted Image

#24 Midnight

Midnight

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:32 PM

It hasn't been long since I started to follow this show, but I must say that it's worth watching. The thirty minutes or less of laughter is enough to keep me hooked on this show. I like Sheldon the most. I find his condescending attitude cute. :D

#25 Peggy

Peggy

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

Does anyone else tape the old episodes that they are showing on TBS? I don't know why, but all this week the shows kept running over by about 30 or 40 seconds and my DVR missed the ending on every single episode. It usually cuts off in the middle of the punchline!

#26 Drunken Lunchbox

Drunken Lunchbox

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:44 PM

I think this is the type of show that would be easy to phone in and just try to milk the audience and advertising dollars and let it just sink. I am glad that they are still trying and doing enough things to keep it interesting. The addition of new characters and allowing them to start off small and then become part of the group (Bernadette, Amy Farrah-Fowler) is really what is helping the show steam ahead.

#27 almari011

almari011

Cordial

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:46 AM

BBT is one of my favorites and I regularly watch this show. I love how this show can pull off comedy with all the brainy stuff. I'm in love with Sheldon's character and I thought at first that it would be Penny and Sheldon tandem but I'm not disappointed with how it turned out since Amy is horrendously funny with Sheldon.

#28 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:57 AM

I don't know what happened to me. I tried to watch BBT a few episodes when it first started. I didn't seem to think it was that funny. A few seasons went by and I just didn't pay attention to it. Then, TBS started having the marathons of the old ones one day 2 seasons ago, and I totally fell in love with this show. To the point to where I went to Netflix to watch all the episodes I missed. What was I thinking? This show is hilarious. I like how they had Sara Gilbert ( Jonny Galecki's GF on Rosanne) be his girlfriend on this show too. Oh and Jackie, the lady who played Roseanne's Sister, is Sheldon's mom. I hope they some how bring the whole Roseanne cast on for a episode.

#29 almari011

almari011

Cordial

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:06 AM

Recently watched it and I'm on a roll. I'm still on Season 5 but I loved it instantly. Sheldon's character amazes me. He's witty and funny at the same time. I thought it's Penny and Sheldon at the beginning but I love the Penny Leonard love team also. Amy Fowler is the best girl for Sheldon. This couple just cracks me up with how lovesick Amy is. :))

#30 workhomeunion

workhomeunion

Cordial

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:21 AM

I've enjoyed watching a couple episodes of this show but its never been something that I'd regularly view. I don't know why, I like comedies plenty but this show just never clicked with me.

I agree 100%. I've tried to watch the show but so far, I've not found the humor in "The Big Bang Theory." I haven't given up on the show at all because I can watch the reruns at a time when nothing else is on. I'm going to give it another few episodes are so, to see if it can capture my humorous imagination. When I first started watching the syndicated sitcom, "Everybody Loves Raymond," I didn't like that at first, but over time it grew on me, so maybe that can happen with Big Bang..

#31 teamrose

teamrose

Shy

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:35 PM

Being on the internet as much as I am, I know guys exactly like Sheldon. He is very anal retentive. I think he suffers from Aspergers syndrome. It is really quite cute. I think they found the perfect girl for Sheldon. Can you imagine if they made a baby?

#32 thresholdofreality

thresholdofreality

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:22 PM

TBBT is one of my favorites - I like that it never has any dramatc plots in it (unlike How I Met Your Mother). It's one of those shows that can make me laugh whenever I watch it.

I love Sheldon and Amy as well! They're definitely more entertaining to watch than Leonard and Penny, to say the least.

#33 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

Is it me, or is SHeldon starting to soften up with Amy. In the last episode, the Halloween one, I couldn't believe she got him to wear that wig with his C3pO costume. Little by little she is breaking through. At this rate he may want some sort of human contact after all.

#34 Collin1000

Collin1000

Cordial

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

Is it me, or is SHeldon starting to soften up with Amy. In the last episode, the Halloween one, I couldn't believe she got him to wear that wig with his C3pO costume. Little by little she is breaking through. At this rate he may want some sort of human contact after all.

I think he is not just starting to soften up.... he's starting to develop as a character. Sheldon used to be this one-sided and very predictable character in the show. When you go back and watch older seasons (Reruns on TBS) you start to notice just how predictable he really was. His personality came out of a mold and it was always the same. Sure, there were a few episodes where he broke out of his shell for a bit (Adhesive duck deficiency comes to mind) but for the most part, Sheldon is Sheldon and he never changed.... until this season. They've really warmed him up a bit into... well, almost a caring human being! I really like the way they are using Amy to develop him as a person and make him more "likeable" and I hope they keep doing it. Interesting to see how it plays out.

#35 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:06 PM

I think he is not just starting to soften up.... he's starting to develop as a character. Sheldon used to be this one-sided and very predictable character in the show. When you go back and watch older seasons (Reruns on TBS) you start to notice just how predictable he really was. His personality came out of a mold and it was always the same. Sure, there were a few episodes where he broke out of his shell for a bit (Adhesive duck deficiency comes to mind) but for the most part, Sheldon is Sheldon and he never changed.... until this season. They've really warmed him up a bit into... well, almost a caring human being! I really like the way they are using Amy to develop him as a person and make him more "likeable" and I hope they keep doing it. Interesting to see how it plays out.

I have a feeling Amy will dump him for not wanting to take the relationship to the next level, meaning well, sex...... and he will be devastated without her. Maye he will get more cats. lol. Remember that episode.

#36 SC212

SC212

Shy

• 8 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:06 AM

The last show from The Big Bang Theory was amazing. I really loved it. But I think Amy should leave and a different character as Sheldon's girlfriend must be introduced. Something more interesting and with more weird stuff such as Sheldon. However Penny made the show amazing and I really enjoyed watching it. Definitely my favorite show.

#37 blackout23

blackout23

Cordial

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

The big bang theory is quite witty but I find myself feeling frustrated with the characters. They always tend to fail and as much as I want to keep watching the show it makes me get annoyed at times. Overall the show is entertaining but I don't go out of my way to watch it.

#38 warren308

warren308

Noob

• 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:14 AM

It is funny and alot of fun to watch. Kind of me reminds Farside to the galaxy.

#39 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:22 AM

I have to agree about Leonard and Penny. Its like riding a roller coaster. I think the writers started their relationship too soon. It left no
anticipation or room for growth. Its weird that Howard and Bernadette are already married and they got together way after Penny and Leonard. How the heck did that happen?

#40 thresholdofreality

thresholdofreality

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:22 AM

If we compare Howard/Bernadette and Leonard/Penny, Howard/Bernadette have definitely matured and grown together as both individuals and a couple. I agree with Jenners - we haven't seen that happen with Leonard and Penny yet.