• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#41 Funke

Funke

Cordial

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:49 AM

Seriously, I'm just watching this for Shamy and the occasional cool guest stars to be honest. Everything else is so damn annoying. It's somewhat like House, where the show's gotten awful but you still watch it for Hugh. And for gods sake, at least lose the laugh track. I'm not one of those people who hates laugh tracks - I love it in many shows - say Seinfeld, and many other british comedies for instance. But this is really irritating in the BBT.

#42 Funke

Funke

Cordial

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:34 AM

Okay dunno what I was smoking when I said the laugh track stinks. I would feel awkward if they took it off now, so my bad there. That said, just finished the 6th season now, and it's so far the worst of all. The worst part for me is how Sheldon is getting more "normal" - totally out of character than what he used to be in previous seasons. Same with Amy. Come on, we don't want sensitive, "normal" Sheldon - we want the good old Shelly Cooper back with all his quirks and stuff! And where the hell has Bazinga gone to?!

#43 almari011

almari011

Cordial

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:55 AM

Any thoughts on Howard's NASA training and Sheldon being asked to take a vacation. He lands up in Amy's lab and is treated by her as an intern :)

On a different note, who do you think is a better couple for a double date with Lenny (Leonard & Penny).

I'd go with Amy and Sheldon. That would crack me up. I think Leonard and Penny would just blow up. :))

#44 Joyce aka Nana

Joyce aka Nana

Noob

• 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:18 AM

I really love this show. I didn't even give it a thought until this past summer my son was watching all the reruns in the early evening. I started watching it with him and I just love it! The humor is just so great! Even thought the characters are predictable, it is still funny. Hope it stays around for a while!

#45 rosetta965

rosetta965

Noob

• 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

I tried watching BBT a few years ago but never got past the first couple of episodes. I guess I just didn't connect with it at that time. Plus, I had a lot of other shows I liked to watch and didn't really want to make time for a new one. But then it was summer and all of my shows went on hiatus, so I was on the hunt for a show that I could watch on back season and ended up watching BBT after all.

I am so glad I did! After plodding through the first couple of shows, I found that I liked it VERY much, got into the characters, began to enjoy their little quirks, etc. Now I'm all caught up and can't wait each week to see what's happening with this strange little group. And bringing in Amy's character was a veritable stroke of genius on someone's part! Just when you thought the show couldn't get funnier! :lol:

#46 tashakay

tashakay

Noob

• 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

This show is so great. Of course I am a huge Sheldon fan. He has all the great punch lines and call me crazy but I think he is hot. I think a double date with Leonard and Penny with Amy and Sheldon would be great. Amy does her best to try to be a good friend to Penny, but they are both just to smart for their own girl.

#47 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:26 PM

I love the Big Bang Theory! It is so incredibly funny, I try to make sure I am home on Thursdays so that I can be sure to catch it. I love the way the characters' relationships have evolved over the life of the series. There are so many great moments from episode to episode.

#48 LDB Taylor

LDB Taylor

Noob

• 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

My family has watched this show for years - *and* have all the seasons on dvd. Plus we just purchased one of its trivia games at Christmas.
{Augh - can't believe I just admitted that!}
But I think it's hilarious. Sheldon and Amy are our favorites of course :-)

#49 Pooki

Pooki

Friendly

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

It returned with insane spike in ratings last night.

Did anyone watch?

#50 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

I did watch, it was one of the only new episodes on. As usual, Sheldon was the highlight of the show. I hate to say it, but Penny & Leonard are a little boring as a couple this season. However, Amy & Sheldon have been pretty amazing.

#51 SkyTech6

SkyTech6

Shy

• 8 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

This has to be one of the greatest shows to come to television! TBBT was the first to get resigned with their respective channel before even Criminal Minds, HIMYM, etc... Without a doubt it is one of the highest rated shows I've even seen in years. Also I love how they name all their episodes after theories and laws of science haha.

Also the merchandise for this show has really exploded huh? I have a stuffed cat that sings Soft Kitty, no joke. They are also PopCap! figures (or at least Sheldon is I've only seen him so far). Perhaps the show is becoming too commercial or it's just expanding at a respectable pace for being so popular?

Overall one of my favorite current running shows.

#52 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

This is one of those shows that I never mind when someone turns it on the TV when I'm around....but that I've never actively sought out to watch on my own. It's funny, but it's not something I want to sit down and watch the entire series of at once like with a lot of other shows.

#53 streakanime

streakanime

Cordial

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

I absolutely LOVE this show... It never stops being hilarious. :wub: I really wish Netflix would invest in adding this show... Slowly but surely running out of things to watch on there. I've always gone on and on about how much I want this show on there, lol. I do not have cable at the moment, so I never get to watch this. :(

#54 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

The best way to understand and truly appreciate this show is to go back and start watching it from S1 Ep1. Trust me you won't be disappointed.

#55 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

The best way to understand and truly appreciate this show is to go back and start watching it from S1 Ep1. Trust me you won't be disappointed.

I thought this was a show that you could pick up in the middle and follow along reasonably well?

Or were the beginning episodes just that good and it'll get a person hooked?

#56 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:27 AM

I thought this was a show that you could pick up in the middle and follow along reasonably well?

Or were the beginning episodes just that good and it'll get a person hooked?

By watching it from the beginning, it just helps you understand the characters and how they have developed better.

#57 amyyoh

amyyoh

Shy

• 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

I use to quite like this show, but as of late have been finding Sheldon to be intolerable. You doesn't seem smart as much as pretentious and socially inept.

#58 Exovernian

Exovernian

Noob

• 1 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:35 PM

My entire family gets together to watch this show whenever new episodes come on, and it has to be my favorite comedy that I'm currently watching.  I like Raj best, unlike most people.  His awkwardness seems to be the funniest to me.  I like how he has progressed from not being able to talk to women to being able to while drunk to actually going on dates and actually sleeping with penny.  Raj's and Howard's characters have progressed the most in the show, and I really like how they've matured.

#59 GGirls

GGirls

Friendly

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:45 AM

My entire family gets together to watch this show whenever new episodes come on, and it has to be my favorite comedy that I'm currently watching.  I like Raj best, unlike most people.  His awkwardness seems to be the funniest to me.  I like how he has progressed from not being able to talk to women to being able to while drunk to actually going on dates and actually sleeping with penny.  Raj's and Howard's characters have progressed the most in the show, and I really like how they've matured.

Hi!

I like Sheldon the most. I like his quirkiness :/

#60 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

My favorite laugh track of all was I love Lucy..... Ricky would do something funny, then you could hear his big hammy laugh in the laugh track.... priceless..... did they really think no one would notice?