• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:20 AM

I get upset when I miss an episode and the network makes me wait a whole week until they put it up on the site. Places like ABC have it the next day. I understand that they want you to buy it, but I am going to stop watching if they don't let me catch up. I am not the kind of person to skip an episode. 

The CW makes a lot of their money on their ability to download on iTunes and Amazon. I don't think they'll ever have episodes up the next day, it will always be after a week or so. They are betting on people not wanting to skip and going on it's only $1.99 or whatever. If you don't want to pay, you may want to add the shows to your scheduled DVR recording.

#42 LadyLuck7

LadyLuck7

Shy

• 8 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:01 PM

CW is still one of my favorite networks. They all encounter problems and issues, this is nothing new. I hope they improve what needs improving on and stick around for a long time to come.

#43 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:10 PM

I think CW need to broaden their demographics. The problem with only trying to appeal to the team pop crowd its that they are fickle and do grow up. They don't create show that will grows their viewers like a Veronica Mars type of show. They also keep doing the something over and over again just different versions of teen dramas. How about a sitcom or maybe a realty show , somehow they need to shake up the formula.

#44 AshleyJoy

AshleyJoy

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:18 PM

I get upset when I miss an episode and the network makes me wait a whole week until they put it up on the site. Places like ABC have it the next day. I understand that they want you to buy it, but I am going to stop watching if they don't let me catch up. I am not the kind of person to skip an episode. 

#45 AshleyJoy

AshleyJoy

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:25 PM

According to this Hollywood Reporter Article, the CW is coming to On Demand. They've made a deal with Camcast to show episodes of Vampire Diaries, Arrow (YAY!) Supernatural and Gossip Girl the day after they air

I am so glad they got rid of Dawn Ostroff, moves like this is why I feel Matt Strauss has the network's best interest at heart. He is not looking to carter one particular group of the demographics like Dawn and her obsession with one particular was

Noticeable absence from the list of available show is newcomer, Beauty and the Beast. I wonder if it means cancellation is imminent

NOOOOOOOOO!! I never want to hear Beauty and the Beast and cancellation in the same sentence. It is my favorite show! Maybe it is just cause it's fairly new??? Ugh! Now I am worried!

#46 sillylucy

sillylucy

Friendly

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:38 PM

8 Hours is not that fast of a turn around. I have seen sites that post right after the show airs. I think AMC get is right by re-airing shows like the Walking Dead right after the Talking Dead. You get 2 slots to have advertisers pay you top dollar for that ad space. Fans will also tune in instead of turning to the web if the miss the first screening. 

#47 FanGirl

FanGirl

Cordial

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:58 AM

I am very surprised that this Forum does not have any Reign Fans. I think it is probably one of the better shows, I may be biased, I liked Beauty and the Beast too.  Last night the show took a whole on a whole new level of controversy and actually made a great mid-season finale. Yes, I love a romance as much as the next gal.  To see Henry return, even though he is dead and then what Mary did to that rapist. OMG I did not see that coming she is such a sweet thing usually.

#48 KimberlyD

KimberlyD

Friendly

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:55 PM

That is awesome because I always hate having to wait 24-48 hours to catch an episode of a show I may have missed! I think all of the networks are facing this issue though, not just the CW

I think it is ridiculous that all the networks have yet to air all their shows online to get rid of the need for piracy.  You would think that they would have done that by now.  Most stations only have a few of their shows online and the rest are on TV.  Most viewers prefer to watch online so that they can watch as they wish and not at specific times or days.  With busy schedules and lives, it is hard to live by a networks time table.  With it being available online they open the doors for more viewers to watch their shows with less piracy.