• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:08 AM

I forgot to watch the premier last night. I was going to check it out mainly for Jessica Simpson and Nicole Ritchie, is it worth it?

#2 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

I did. Interesting concept but I am not sure I'll continue to watch it

Jessica and the Macy's sales representative were the best part . You can't go wrong with Jessica, she was her bubbly self, looked comfortably chubby. Nicole Ritchie pales in comparisson

#3 Rhodes

Rhodes

Cordial

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

Literally I bet (pale thing). I dunno about having 2 socialites hosting something like this. Perhaps it's for ratings or just the fact it's about fashion; but I don't think of Richie or Simpson when I think Fashion. I think Katy Perry and Lady Gaga would make great hosts for this show. I wonder what kind of advice they'd give, lol. Be interesting.

#4 realityjunkie

realityjunkie

Cordial

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

Yes, I think it is worth a watch. I don't know why seeing people design clothes interests me (as I'm not a fashionista myself), but it does! The show is like Project Runway, with more emphasis on the finished result.

#5 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:39 PM

Yes, I think it is worth a watch. I don't know why seeing people design clothes interests me (as I'm not a fashionista myself), but it does! The show is like Project Runway, with more emphasis on the finished result.

It is Rhodes

The winner has to appeal to all judges ; Their design will be sold in all 3 stores, Marcy's, Saks and H&M. Not bad at all. The Saks judge is trying to reach young buyers because of their taste, I feel like. Why bid on a dress that was that short, older people won't wear such dress.

The main drawback is the lightening and music. They are too bright and too loud

#6 realityjunkie

realityjunkie

Cordial

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:05 PM

I agree with you, MaryAnn, that the lighting and musical numbers can be over the top. Also, ever notice how the male models put basically no effort into their walks?

I'm surprised that Kara made it to the end after starting the show off with only a tie. I was rooting for Orly to win.

#7 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:31 PM

Threads have been merged due to its duplicity

#8 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

I really like Fashion Star. I caught an episode one night during the previous season and was instantly hooked. I think it's awesome that designers have the opportunity to go on the show and possibly sell a design to the three major department stores. Even just one sale could make a difference to their career.