• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Phoenix360

Phoenix360

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:57 AM

Jeremy Kyle is nothing but a bully and his approach is atrocious to say the least. I have tried to watch his show a couple of times and the way he jumped into the faces of his guests was just too much for me. I am not sure if his style of belligerence works in the UK but I don’t see that working too long for him in the states. I have watched him badger people into doing what he wants them to do and he acts like this strictly for the ratings obviously. It’s just so uncomfortable to watch.

It's just his style in the talk show category. All these shows that compete for the number one spot in ratings have to make sure that they are different in one way or the other. Jeremy Kyle uses his aggressive, self-righteous, in-your-face attitude with his guests and it's unlike anything I've seen. I usually ask myself the question of how the guests actually put up with it, because I think I'd cuss him out if he tried to deal with me in such a manner. I do find the show entertaining sometimes when I come across it.

#22 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:25 AM

A lot of the guests want his help and he has said that if the guests want his help then they have to face the truth, and that is fine. But the way in which he bullies his guests is very unnecessary at times. he is completely out of order and makes out that he is the corrupt teacher and his guests are his lowly students.

He is a right fool. I will never like him.

#23 misty1987

misty1987

Shy

• 6 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:10 AM

I'm a UK gal and I'm ashamed to admit that I indulge in both the UK and USA shows. I certainly don't enjoy watching them but for some reason I feel compelled to watch.
The biggest difference between the two, in my opinion, is that JK is a lot more polite on the USA show. In the UK version, he is a rude, know-it-all. He spends as much time shouting as some of his guests. When I watch the USA one I can't help but think he's too scared to let rip like he does over here.

#24 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:51 AM

Lolling. Don't be ashamed. I don't particularly respect Jeremy Kyle or anything but it passes the time and makes for great background TV if you are doing something like studying or writing. I don't really like the US one because it is a little boring to me. The British one seems to be a little more gritty and funny, whereas the US one doesn't seem to be.

#25 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:44 AM

I'll admit, I do enjoy watching The Jeremy Kyle Show. Not a fan of him as a person but sometimes he is just hilarious, intentional or not. Most of the guests are horrific though. I'll never understand why people choose to air their problems out on national TV.

#26 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:51 AM

I don't think that Jeremy is funny at all. He is a complete and utter douche bag at times, and thinks that he is doing people a favour by behaving in such a  way, which is backwards in my opinion. Horrible vile little plain man.

#27 STEPHiE08

STEPHiE08

Cordial

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:58 AM

Jeremy Kyle is entertaining to me but in a bad way. He is an instigator and doesnt help at all. He seems like he goes to his show and performs like a monkey in front of the camera and acts like he really cares about wwhats going on but really when he leaves the set, is talking crap about everyone from the guests to the employees of the show. He seems very fake!! Yuck.

#28 muppet10

muppet10

Cordial

• 16 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:44 AM

Here in the UK the Jeremy Kyle show is notorious and a bit of a laughing stock, the contestants rarely own any teeth and wouldn't know what a job was if it shook hands with them in the street. The show does make you realise though how many people there are around who live their lives with no morals or standards of behaviour whatsoever. Jeremy Kyle does seem to get genuinely angry and frustrated at these people and while i don't particularly agree with his approach i do agree with most of what he says.

The show is very repetitive however and i wonder how long they can keep recycling the same issues over and over. There are only so many drug addict, alcoholic, wife beating, child abandonment stories to cover so the show must have a limited shelf life.