• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 04:06 PM

I still don't like DR Phil the man but I must say the show can be entertaining. I you watch just to see the show he is putting on and not to see people being helped it is not so bad. No who want real help or understanding should look for it on this show woth this man he is too far up on his high horse.

#62 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 03:03 PM

I like the show and I like Dr. Phil. I really like the fact that he isn't afraid to stand up to people instead of just telling them what they want to hear. I think there is enough coddling in the world, and sometimes people need to be told, "You're just plain wrong. Stop it," by someone in a position of some sort of authority.

#63 sillylucy

sillylucy

Friendly

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 03:19 AM

I think Dr. Phil is such a quack and I am surprised that Oprah still features him in her magazine. How did that happen? Maybe she feels bad for him because she doesn't really have too many credentials under her belt either other than being a talk show host. She's moved into lifestyle and wellness so I guess she's giving him a shot. So sketch!

#64 Silverfox

Silverfox

Cordial

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:09 PM

I like to tune in to Dr. Phil ever so often. Sometimes there is a lot of food for thought. Other times I find it so unreal. Who's been watching lately? If you have been watching you could not miss the episode on the 17th of Oct. I still don't know what to make of it.

The question was being asked "Should you kick him out"? It focused on a 26 yr old guy who was still living at home who couldn't even keep his room clean for well over a year or something like that. The pictures were disgusting. Without hearing much I felt the answer to the question being asked was quite obvious. Of course he needs to be kicked out. Nine jobs he couldn't keep, crashing his car, doing drugs and the filthy room they kept showing. I kept thinking that as a parent myself I would not have had the courage to come on a show and broadcast all this for the world to see. I thought the parent themselves needed help and I still do.

I would later find out that part of the reason why they never put the young man out was because he was diabetic and the mother especially felt the need to "protect" him so to speak. With these kinds of shows you should never be too quick to judge. Sometimes you need to hear the whole story. Often it changes everything. 

At the end of it though it was pretty clear that the entire family needed help. 

#65 cp2025

cp2025

Shy

• 7 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:40 PM

Dr Phil is kind of hit and miss for me. I think he's a guy with good intentions but at times I find him to be a bit of a doofus in terms of the advice he gives and how he sounds at some point. I haven't watched his show in ages, but when I did it was definitely entertaining and worth watching. I'll have to tune in to his show sometime this week since it's been so long since I've watched it. Need to see if I'm missing out on anything or if it's the same old, same old at this point.

#66 Silverfox

Silverfox

Cordial

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:49 PM

My son used to watch him a lot some time back. Whenever we argued he would quote Dr. Phil as the authority on the subject, whatever the subject was. Dr. Phil had all the answers. I guess it was a phase, since he has not been mentioned in a while. These days I have to tell him ask Dr. Phil. I was trying to get him to watch the episode with the 26 yr old with all the issues but he didn't bug.

I am no die hard fan. I like to watch from time to time as with most of these talk shows. My favorite is still Ellen. 

#67 Sefarad

Sefarad

Friendly

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:00 AM

Uhm,  I'm not such a fan of Dr. Phil /the man), but I do like the show... I was just wondering what you guys mean with ''he almost has no credentials''?  As far as I know the guy actually has a PhD in clinical psychology!  Now not many people I know have earned a PhD! So can someone tell me what some of you mean with ''almost no credentials''?  Because to me a PhD in clinical psychology leads me to believe he is more than qualified for the job?

#68 Danielle

Danielle

Shy

• 5 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:58 PM

I enjoy the Dr. Phil Show.  Dr. Phil is an in your face, tell it like it is kinda person and I love that.  He also offers help and solutions for individuals and families that are featured on the show. There have been some great follow-ups with different stories on the show.  It is always nice to hear that families are on the road to healing.  I think the show is making a difference.

#69 Silverfox

Silverfox

Cordial

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:29 PM

The last time I saw this show, it featured an older man who was sending thousands to his wife in some far away land: Nigeria or one of those places. It turned out it was a big scam and it took intervention on Dr Phil's part to get the grown man to understand that he was being duped. The person who had asked Dr Phil intervene was his sister who had watched him lose thousand and had failed to get him to stop believing the scammers.

I have long wondered it these scenarios are real but I guess there are. Maybe I should get him this side of the world.

#70 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:50 PM

That episode of Dr. Phil with Nick on the show was an utter abomination. It was clear that the show did not exist - or was not filmed - for the benefit of Nick or Bobbi Christina, or even Whitney Houston's memory. It was purely for ratings, and I do not think that Dr. Phil cared about what was going on with Nick. He was just happy to have such a draw on his show.