Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:41 AM

I don't miss any episode if I can help it

#2 Rhodes

Rhodes

Cordial

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:34 PM

I could write volumes about this show. I watched it launch the careers of John Candy, Chevy Chase among a few others. I love the skits and the original band that played the filler music between skits. I watched the bands change over time too from the more contemporary to the extreme and everything in between. I loved the Church Lady and some of the other popular skits laughing until tears fell down my face. SNL has changed so much over the years for me, but, I have caught SNL Fever and plan on continuing to watch.

#3 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:49 PM

The only time I watch SNL is if someone I like is making a cameo and even then I only watch clips online.

It is always fun to watch my faves make fun of themselves and other celebs

#4 RemoteStealer

RemoteStealer

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:13 PM

The only time I watch SNL is if someone I like is making a cameo and even then I only watch clips online.

It is always fun to watch my faves make fun of themselves and other celebs

I miss some of the cast through the years that have either hosted SNL or were regulars. I know a handful are no longer with us. Those gems of the show made it and somewhere SNL classics are being aired. Here they were shown on a retro channel but, I haven't seen any classics in a couple of years. I caught those including Belushi, Chase, Dan Aykroyd, Jane Curtain, Laraine Newman, Garret Morris, Bill Murray and Gilda Radner and their skits for the brief time the classical episodes aired. I hope the channel brings them back. Until then I can catch my SNL fix on Hulu.

#5 Gimgak

Gimgak

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:23 PM

I haven't watched SNL lately but I used to love it, show's almost always been entertaining IMO and has had some great bits in the past.

#6 Squared

Squared

Cordial

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:51 AM

I rarely watch SNL but just yesterday the topic came up. My friend was trying to recreate Bon Qui Qui's sketches at the burger joint, which had me trawling the net to watch more of this talented woman online.

#7 MrsWinchester

MrsWinchester

Cordial

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:34 PM

I watch Saturday Night Live but I think they should change the name to Saturday Night Reruns since at least 3 out of 4 weeks every month is a repeat. I absolutely love Kristen Wiig, Jason Sudeikis, Seth Myers and Vanessa Bayer from the current cast but I could do without Keenan Thompson.

#8 RemoteStealer

RemoteStealer

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

I haven't really been watching the newer episodes regularly. I did manage to catch an episode last Saturday evening but zoned out about 10 minutes into it. I caught the band playing when I finally remembered to tune in, it's not my genre of music, still I suffered through the song zoning in and out until the skits returned. I watched about 4 more minutes of the program and turned the station. Just lost it's zing with me. I much prefer the classic ones like Rhodes, until about 1990.

#9 beastsbeauty

beastsbeauty

Cordial

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:16 PM

I haven't watched SNL since Ashlee Simpson was caught lip synching and blamed it on her band. I used to love SNL. Now, I don't recognize most of the faces.

#10 gktime

gktime

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:53 AM

I don't really watch it. Too much making fun of other people and laughing about them. It may occasionally be funny, but usually it isn't to me.

#11 Zoey

Zoey

Cordial

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:19 PM

I love all the old episodes. Belushi, Farley and such were great. I also liked the Chris Katan era cast. I came to except a few of the newcomers after that, but the show just got less funny. Now I do not watch SNL, unless it is a good rerun.

#12 TakeMeAway

TakeMeAway

Cordial

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:08 PM

I always fall asleep when I try to watch Saturday Night Live. Sometimes I really do want to watch it, but I've never been able to sit through an entire show without disappearing into dreamland.

#13 Rhodes

Rhodes

Cordial

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:49 PM

I always fall asleep when I try to watch Saturday Night Live. Sometimes I really do want to watch it, but I've never been able to sit through an entire show without disappearing into dreamland.

I have that same problem with most things that come on after midnight. It's an insomnia curer that's for sure. Not sure why either, it could be you're relaxed as it's not a show you really have to think about to watch and it's not stimulating enough to stay awake to watch, so it becomes a sort of lullaby. Good for us, not so much for SNL, LOL.

#14 dave

dave

Cordial

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:20 PM

I used to watch SNL regularly but now have lost interest in it. I do watch old clips online whenever I am feeling blue just to pep myself up.

#15 CarbonKid

CarbonKid

Shy

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

Saturday Night Live was a show that I used to look forward to and frequently watched. I hope I do not sound like I am bashing it by making that statement - that is not what I am trying to do. I can admit that I rarely watch SNL now.

I do enjoy some of the actors and actresses that are on it now, but I find that it has become quite boring and typical. There is nothing very unique about it anymore. It seems as if the same celebrities are being made fun of and that seems to pretty much be it. I suppose I just grew tired of it. I do pop in and watch it every now and then - there are some good skits left in the show that are enjoyable. However, it is not for me anymore really. I can honestly say that I miss the days of Adam Sandler, Chris Farley, Mike Myers, and so many others. Though I was incredibly young when they had originally aired, I have seen most of the episodes and love them all.

#16 Wylla

Wylla

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:31 AM

I don't really watch SNL anymore. I used to watch it a lot, especially in the 90s, but I just got out of the habit and the few times I watch it now, it's not as funny.

#17 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:38 AM

Why is everyone posting here if they don't watch it anymore?

You are ruining my thread :(

#18 angie828

angie828

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:14 PM

I used to watch it all the time when I babysat on Saturday nights. But now that I am out on my own I am usually not home to watch it. Plus it is not as good as it once was. I used to love Toonces the Driving cat and Church lady. Now nothing funny on it really happens.

#19 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:08 AM

My favorite SNL episodes are during the elections. After watching these debates and endless campaign commercials, its hilarious to see them all get made fun of equally. The first Obama Romney debate so far the funniest of all. Thumbs up SNL, great job as usual.

#20 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

I used to love Saturday Night Live. They were always so hilarious!

In the last couple years, though, I feel like they went downhill. They just weren't that funny, a lot of good actors/actresses had left, the cameos weren't too awesome, the skits were bleh or repeats.... Meh. It seems like they're trying to pick back up again, so I'm still watching. Christina Applegate did an awesome job recently.