Website

TRAILER_PARK_BOYS_by_MalevolentNate.jpg

#2 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:28 AM

Yes! I love this show so much that I've watched all the movies and seasons several times. According to Bubbles' Twitter account, they have been filiming a new movie for a while now and the show is coming back from the dead for another season.  I'm surprised that this show hasn't become huge in America. After seeing one movie I was hooked and had to find all the episodes.

#3 Charli1908

Charli1908

Cordial

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:51 PM

This show started off hilarious -- I mean every scene was hilarious. The characters, the storyline and the depiction of a southern trailer park community were all good. But after awhile, maybe after season 2, I began to get bored as it was no longer funny. It started to get a little too repetitious or expected so I just stopped watching it and started on "Always Sunny In Philadelphia" instead, lol. 

#4 Justin

Justin

Shy

• 6 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:30 PM

One of my all time favorite comedy shows. It started off a little show during the first season but after that it easily became one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. I've gone through the entire series at least twice and netflix, plus the movies, and the christmas special and the one episode that takes place after one of the movies on youtube. I'm so glad they're coming back for another movie. Shame that Richard Collins passed away though, he was one of my favorite characters. Whaddaya lookin' at my gut fer?!

#5 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:42 AM

This week ,the Trailer Park Boys were a guest on Epic Meal Time. I screamed like a little girl when I saw it. They stayed in character the whole time. It was about time these Canadian comedy groups got together. I never thought I would see Bubbles frowning at one of Epic Meal Time's concoctions. Julian carried his rum and Coke the entire time.

This show started off hilarious -- I mean every scene was hilarious. The characters, the storyline and the depiction of a southern trailer park community were all good. But after awhile, maybe after season 2, I began to get bored as it was no longer funny. It started to get a little too repetitious or expected so I just stopped watching it and started on "Always Sunny In Philadelphia" instead, lol. 

They're not really a "southern" trailer park. They're Canadian. They go to Rush concerts and eat chicken chips. I never got the repetitious feeling that you did. I found this show relaxing and comforting because nothing really horrible happens to them. These guys even enjoy jail and are friends with everyone in the prison.

#6 zerotoinfinity

zerotoinfinity

Cordial

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:38 PM

I first saw this show when I had band practice with my buddies.  We sat through 6 episodes of the first season when our creative juices started to diminish.  It was absolutely hilarious.  I especially love the character Bubbles, he's exactly what this show needs, lol.  When I got home I started binge watching all the seasons on Netflix.  Who knew Canadian television could be this great?

#7 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:29 AM

In the Boondocks thread, I saw that the writer/director of Trailer Park Boys is working on the Black Jesus cartoon with Aaron McGruder. I can't wait to see what those two create together.

#8 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:54 AM

I've never seen this show but my friend talks about it A LOT. I still have no idea what it's about!

#9 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:53 AM

I've never seen this show but my friend talks about it A LOT. I still have no idea what it's about!

It's a sitcom that is shot reality style ,like The Office. It's set in a Canadian trailer park. The main characters are criminals, potheads and scumbags but you can't help but like them.

They're constantly planning crimes or ways to get rich but they're so stupid that the crimes fail in hilarious ways.

Nothing catastrophic ever happens so it's an easygoing, relaxing show about likeable losers.

#10 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:57 AM

It's a sitcom that is shot reality style ,like The Office. It's set in a Canadian trailer park. The main characters are criminals, potheads and scumbags but you can't help but like them.

They're constantly planning crimes or ways to get rich but they're so stupid that the crimes fail in hilarious ways.

Nothing catastrophic ever happens so it's an easygoing, relaxing show about likeable losers.

Ah, thanks for the explanation! It sounds like a really fun show, actually. I should definitely give it a go sometime.

#11 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:17 AM

Ah, thanks for the explanation! It sounds like a really fun show, actually. I should definitely give it a go sometime.

You should. It's a really mellow and relaxing show. Another good show with a Canadian in it is Comedy Central's Nathan For You. You know those business makeover shows like Tabitha's Salon Takeover, Kitchen Nightmares or Bar Rescue where they try to save failing businesses with fresh ideas? Nathan For You is about a guy with C- grades from a business school who comes up with outrageous and horrible ideas to save businesses. He has a completely straight face and seems to have no idea that his ideas are horrible. That's the genius of his act.

The public is usually outraged and a couple of his ideas like Dumb Starbucks have made it into mainstream media, where they were reported as real news.

He had a liquor store sell liquor to minors ,but the minors couldn't pick up the liquor until they were 21, with a claim ticket. The teens were pretty upset when they realized that they couldn't actually take the liquor home.

#12 primalclaws1974

primalclaws1974

Cordial

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:04 AM

I realize this show is supposed to show the comical aspects of "trashy" people, and for awhile I was into it. But as the episodes wore on, it stopped being funny. There was not enough variety and the characters became very stale. I watched on for awhile longer, mainly because I was interested in everyday life in Canada. But after a time, even that grew old. Out of the seven seasons they made, I made it through about two seasons before giving up on it. That is saying something for me. If I make it through the first season of a show, I usually stick it out to the end. I watched "Fringe" to the end, and that show got horrible after the first two years.