• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 wickedshizuku27

wickedshizuku27

Cordial

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:47 PM

So does anyone happen to read Japanese Manga or Korean Manwha? I myself have been reading it for many years, and have loved it. I would love to chat with people of the same fandom as me. 

#2 VTEC 91244

VTEC 91244

Cordial

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:30 PM

I've been reading some manga. I seriously wish there was an anime of Yotsubato, for example, but the manga is adorable anyway. Tell me about your favorite ones. I would like to learn about more good manga to read whenever I go to the bookstore or library.

#3 wickedshizuku27

wickedshizuku27

Cordial

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:15 PM

hmm. I haven't read Yotsubato. I have seen a lot of reading groups reading it recently, but I have been cooling my heels about reading it. (sigh...)

Favorites. It's not fair when a lot of manga breaks down into so many sub-categories. Here's what I can come up with off the top of my head.

Shoujo: Skip Beat, Kamisama Kiss, Ouran High School Host Club, Ryou, and Legend of Basara.
Shounen: One Piece, Fairy Tail, Naruto, and Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Josei: Jellyfish Princess, Paradise Kiss, and Red River
Seinen: Air Master, XXXholic, Gantz, Claymore, and Hellsing.

#4 Livvvy

Livvvy

Cordial

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:28 AM

What exactly are the differences between the four different...genres? that you just mentioned, if you don't mind my asking?

#5 VTEC 91244

VTEC 91244

Cordial

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:58 AM

From what I can figure out,

Shojo is manga where girls are the target audience, Shounen is for boys, Josei is for women and Seinen is for men.

By the way, saw the anime for Ouran. It was awesome. I might try reading the manga sometime. :)

#6 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:00 PM

The only manga I still keep up with and buy every month is Naruto. I can't keep track of too many mangas because I'm a single mom, work full time and I'm a gamer and have other hobbies and obligations. I used to buy Antique Bakery ,Tramps Like Us, and Eerie Queerie. I would buy the Attack on Titan manga if I could find it locally.

Nowadays because I'm pressed for time, I just find it easier to watch anime while I multitask and cook dinner.

#7 AllBuffedUp

AllBuffedUp

Cordial

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 03:15 PM

Ouran High School Host Club is great! I've only seen the anime, which was great!

I also enjoyed Paradise Kiss, but not as much as Gokinjo Monogatori (though it is fun to see Miwako, the little sister of Mikako!). And, as long as we're talking Ai Yazawa -- NANA is my alltime favorite manga. Worth the read: great art, very complex characters, compelling storylines and storytelling, it's a gem. But the author has been sick for years, so it's on hiatus.

Other favorites include Lovely Complex, Peach Girl and Mars (romances). I enjoyed Rurouni Kenshin most, out of the shounen. And Dragon Ball :D I started other shounens, but they often grow into epic dimensions and I just can't keep up.

#8 Sefarad

Sefarad

Friendly

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:27 PM

Right now I only follow the Attack on Titan Manga, I don't have time to follow others.  Actually this was the very first manga I ever followed, I started watching the anime first, but since the newest season of the anime is taking a while to come out... I had no choice but starting to read the manga.  I actually thought I'd not like it, but I did!