#1681 90s

90s

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:11 AM

I think will call you AJ

DIES

Michael has been breathing life into me. 

#1682 90s

90s

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:16 PM

Sabrina is sorry for what she did and was punished for it. I can't say the same for the actual murderers walking around PC, namely Sonny.

Morgan and Kiki plotting to make Michael seem drunker than AJ so he losses custody of Avery was disgusting. Morgan is his mother's child, for sure.

#1683 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:50 AM

We all know that Ava only thinks about Ava. The real question is how long will it take for Michael to figure out the baby wasn't at Sonny's when the decision came down? Will he hop on a plane to the island or just try and get the police to arrest Sonny? Does he even know about Delia? Would Delia call Sonny or just wait until someone shows up for the baby?

#1684 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:06 PM

Luke bite only the tip of your ear, get over it. - Bobbi

#1685 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 05:48 PM

Morgan and Kiki better be careful because Sonny is making them an accessary in what he is planning to do.  Leave it to Sonny, its all right for him to manipulate things to his advantage such as taking custody of Michael from AJ, but no one better do the same thing to him.  Come to think of it this is how Carly is acting as well, and both of them are acting like major hypocrates because of it.  If anyone taught Michael how to manipulate things in your favor it was these two, but they don't like it that someone has now done it to them.

Ava finally did the right thing, but I get the feeling Silas now has a plan to get her off.  In some states if an individual is terminally ill they can petition to court to be released from jail, odds are this is what Silas has in mind.  I can't help but wonder how Bobbie would of felt if Luke had bit off part of her ear, I don't think she would of been too happy about it.  But she wants Scotty to just let it go. 

#1686 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:13 AM

Well, apparently Ava really is sick, I didn't see that coming to be honest.  I wonder if Silas will save her and if her illness really will be her get out of jail free card. 

Michael had me laughing when he told Avery he would call her AJ. In some ways I agreed with him, Sonny by law has no right to give the kid his name.  There is no documentation that says her last name is Corinthoes not to my knowledge.  Her birth certificate say Avery Jerone, and therefore her initials are AJ, whether Sonny likes it or not.  I get the feeling he didn't, which is actually fine by me.

#1687 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 11:56 AM

Why can't Silas have a pairing that doesn't involve cancer? I know it is area of expertise but there is no imagination there.

See Sonny, this is what AJ felt like when Carly his son after you. After you've stolen him.

#1688 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 08:16 PM

Oh but Sonny feels he is always justified when he takes a kid away from someone, but don't anyone take one from him.  Talk about a hypocrate.  Speaking of hypocrates, Kiki is startting to relaly get on my nerves.  I am no fan of Sabrina, although I do like her better with Michael then I ever did with Patrick, they seem to click better, but anyway, Kiki wants to judge Sabrina for a momentary break where she went ot a very dark place but Sonny is all right.  Yeah right, I'm glad that Michael called her out on what a hypocrate she is.  Really she stand there calling Sabrina a psycho when her mother and Sonny both killed people in cold blood but acted justified.

I am not saying I condone Sabrina's actions but at least she has showed remorse for what she did and has admitted how wrong she was.  I have yet to see Sonny or Ava do that, and I doubt I ever will.  But there is Kiki carrying on as if Sabrina is horrible, but Sonny who threatened her mother and terrorized her throughout the time she was pregnant with Avery which could also have caused her distress is fit to be the father of her sister.  UGH, do the writers know how big a hypocrate Kiki comes across as now, she can judge a woman who lost a child who had a momentary break but a dangerous mobster and her murdering mother are fit parent's.  Yeah right maybe in her, Carly and Morgan's logic.

#1689 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:32 AM

Exactly this is why Kiki and Morgan are getting on my last nerve.  I can't believe they are now giving Michael some drug to make him act like an alcolholic.  Don't they realize that they themselves could be endangering Avery and MIchael for that matter.  These two are making me sick right now and I hope they pay for their actions.

So Rick can't stand losing so he hires a phoney wife for Jake.  Does he really want to get Liz back like that, by default?  This story is just going on and on but it needs to just end already.  I am also not happy with Nikolas there is zero reason for him to keep the truth from Sam, how would he feel if Emily was alive, someone close to him knew it but didn't tell him?  I know how he would feel he would be angry, so I don't like how he is now involved not only in the cover up but in the take over of ELQ with Helena.

#1690 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:16 AM

All right, could they stop dragging this Luke stuff out already.  The only good things to come out of this mess is Bobbie getting more screen time and the character of Valerie being interoduced.  Other then that this hasn't been that great of a story.  All I can say is that this whole secret and reveal had better be huge for all this stuff to go on.

Also, I know its kind of old news but has been bugging me none the less, Cameron didn't start that fire.  Well, maybe he did accidentally, but it wasn't deliberately, soI didn't like Spencer acting like he did.  Also, if Spencer wants someone to blame for his accident he should look at his father, who in their right mind would allow kids to have a party unattended with a bunch of candles in the room?  Come on, Nikolas and the person who decorated for that party are just as much to blame for what happen to him.

#1691 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:05 AM

All right, I have to say yesterday almost made this horrid Fluke story worth it.  I say almost because there are still some holes in this story that still haven't been addressed.  But yesterday was a great episode and a great anniversary episode for the show.  Not only did it show case Tony Geary and give him a chance to do some powerful acting, but Jane Elliot and Jackie Zeaman also got some great moments.  On another note someone please explain to me how Hollywood could allow something like age to keep them from hiring Dee Wallace for more roles.  This is a woman who was once a feature length actress in films such as ET and Cujo, now she was lucky to land a role on a soap opera.  Yet she was so amazing yesterday in her emotion that she almost rivaled Tony Geary who is a veteran on this show.  What a great actress and she showed that no matter what your age talent is talent.

As for the show itself, loved going back in the past to 1952, good tie in to the shows premiere.  I also thought it was great that they had Laura Wright who of course plays Carly, play the role of Bobbie and Luke's mother, Lena.  They could of had Dee Wallace or Jackie Zeman play Lena, but I like that they chose to have Wright do the part, because it now tells viewers who Carly favors in the Spencer family, it was her grandmother.  I won't give away too much of the plot here, but the show did more or less explain why Luke had the mental break and how Bill Eckert was tied into all of this.  But there are still questions left unanswered but I am starting to wonder if they will ever be answered.

#1692 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:20 AM

I am kind of unhappy that Dee Wallace Stone didn't stick around longer.  She was great in the part of Patricia, and I was hoping for a little more but instead the character was killed off. Now we are stuck with Valerie, sorry just not into this character yet.  It isn't helping that they keep putting her with Dante.  The man is happily married with a kid, I know that soaps are all about angst but come on Lulu has enough on her plate now with her father, she doesn't need her so called out of nowhere cousin moving in on her husband.  I know this hasn't happened yet, but I know soap operas when two members of the oppposite sex keep being placed together in scenes its pretty obvious where things are heading.

I hope that when Sonny and Carly find out what Morgan did they disown him.  I'm, sorry for me right now Morgan has become unredeemable.  Even Kiki is showing some remorse for her actions in what they are doing to Michael, but not Morgan he actually had the nerve to say that he was enjoying it yesterday.  He didn't even seem to care that Avery was almost hurt because of thier actions. This character is really starting ot annoy me, am I suppose to be on his side here, I don't think so, all he is doing is making me freel even more sorry for Michael.

#1693 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 02:21 PM

This show is really in need of some new writers. I can't stand to watch anymore. I hate the new Kiki, her acting skills need work. Why is Morgan such a bum, he has no direction , no job no morals and no clue. Now they are tuning Michael into some angry incompetent drunk just to make Sonny look good. Really GH no one else is allowed to shine except Sonny with the  mobster with the heart of gold ? Here we go again with yet another ELQ take over this story line has been done far too often. This Jason thing is taking far to long , Danny will be in college before he finds out that his father has been for Julian all this time. Come on writers you can do better !

#1694 Kendall

Kendall

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:37 PM

Well, it's been a good minute since I've watched an entire episode, but as usual, I'm disappointed with what they are doing overall. Top of my disappointment is with Jake. What is the point of him having memories so soon? What is the point of having him as Jake if nothing has changed from when he was Jason?

The real drama would be in him finding out who he really is, but not if all he'll have to do when he does remember is simply change his name.

He's friends with Carly, while working on motorcycles and trying to become a hitman. He yearns for Elizabeth, remembers Sam and hates all that is "good."

At the very least, to make some real struggle, would be for him to actually like being an informant or if he really ended up liking Hayden. Then, when it all comes back, then there would be some "what's he going to do?!?" But as of now, it will just be like, "oh, whatever".

Speaking of Hayden, what is the point of bringing on this big name actress to once again squeeze into a hateable role that people will refuse to like on any level? That's a lot of money for absolutely nothing and you would think the show learned it's lesson twice after what they've done with Roger Howarth and Michelle Stafford.

And, why don't writers realize that some pairings and storylines are somewhat "once in a lifetime"? Them trying to recreate Todd and Blair is not going to work and wouldn't have ever worked, even if they hadn't already screwed up Franco and Nina.

#1695 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 10:10 PM

I have a more pressing question. What is the point of Jake? Do we need Jason or a knock off on the canvas? The answer is no.

Everything is about him. Hayden, Nik, Ric, Liz are all entangled in a plot that surrounds him. Sam won't shut up about him for 2 seconds. Poor Patrick can't get a word in edgewise. SamTrick were injected steroids the minute he hit the scene. Nothing about them is about them, they are like chess pieces and Jake is king. 

I was so disappointed that Rebecca Budig is being wasted on this awful plot. Not that there is a better storyline on the canvas.

All Alexis and Julian do is have sex. While it is nice to see older people getting it on, there has to be more to their relationship than sex. At least Alexis is shown to work regularly.

Poor Michael. Carly shows a glimpse of self-awareness but Sonny brings her to heel as quickly as it appears. Sonny talking about overlooking mistakes is rich coming from a pardoned murderer.

Morgan and Kiki's punishment better be worth it. They are heinous.    

#1696 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:34 AM

Well, to Michael's defense remember he isn't an alcoholic Morgan and Kiki are drugging him to make him look like one. These two are so reprehensible now that I don't care what happens to either one.  Now Michael has lost custody of Avery thanks to them and where will she go?  The judge still see's Sonny as a risk so Morgan's stupid little plan didn't work.  I can't see a judge giving the child to Julian for the same reason, although if that happened Sonny would have a cow because this is the person he wants to do in, great father figure.  I would hate it if Kiki got her, because right now the last thing Kiki should get is rewarded for her disgusting actions.  I hope Sabrina who is having suspicions about that medication finds out the truth about these two.  They have the nerve to stand in judgement of her for drugging Ava while she pregnant, but guess what they are no better.  What they did almost caused harm to Avery as well, but they are doing it for the common good yeah whatever, can't stant either one.

As for this Jake mess, I really can't stand that he is Jason.  I wish the character would of been brought on a man of mystery, and the viewers only told he has a connectoin to Port Charles, but he has no memory of who is.  He could be Jason, he could be Lucky, he could even be Ethan.  But no he's Jason, so everything is plot point city to facilitate him.  We got Nik acting totally out of character, keeping the truth about his identity for no real reason at the moment.  We have Liz going from him to Rick and back again at the blink of an eye.  We have a couple that had potential like Samtrick placed into over drive all so that when the Jason reveal happens there would be drama.  We have stupid Robin garbage.  Seriously, I would much rather have kept her out of this since KMC had no intention of coming back to this show.  Again he could of just been a man of mystery, no Cassadine stupidity connected to him, no Robin stupidity. They could of just written Robin out stating that she decided to take a research job in another state and she realized that she and Patrick were over so they got divorced.  Maybe then viewers would let go of Robin and quit beating Patrick up for moving on with his life while Robin is in peril, I don't knoow how many times I want to tell people that Patrick doesn't know this online.  I guess they expect the mian to be a mind reader, but seriously, sick of Robin in peril who knows where stuff.  Let her just leave town, and have Emma goe visit her on occasion, the reason she chose not to take Emma is because of her being use to PC and her school.  Don't need anymore Robin being held against her will nonsense, sick of it. 

#1697 Kendall

Kendall

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 10:48 PM

I think I talked about my beef with the "real so and so" characters before in this section. This is a soap and a soap is year round. Even with the improvements in schedules, it's a hard grind for an actor, so if an actor no longer wants to do it, let them go, keep the character and ignore the fans that won't "accept anyone else!!!" because they will if you cast the correct person.

Rebecca Budig could've easily been the new Robin, she wouldn't be resisted any more than she is now. I don't have a problem with Jason being on the show, well, I do, but for other reasons. I have a problem with this waste of time with Jake as Jason because there is simply no point.

That's the biggest problem with the entire show: there is no point. General Hospital has been on air for 52 years and it hasn't been until the past 7 - 10 that they finally lived down to the jeers that people have long made about soap operas. It is stupid. It is a bunch of nonsense. It is horrible writing, and because they aren't magicians, it is horrible acting.

And that saddens me as someone that watched GH and at one time, watched nine out of the eleven soaps at the same time, when that many were on, and of the most recent eleven soaps, watched ten of them at one time or another in their history. I love soap operas and to see what they are now is just depressing.

Above all, I don't understand how any company can invest this much money in the actors, writers and even the local news programs that have their entertainment reporters pushing the "revival" of GH and not put any better effort into the product than this.

#1698 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:53 AM

I agree I think Budig would of made a great Robin.In fact, I think this every time she is on screen in that horrible Hayden role what a waste this is, she should of been Robin.  I know there would of been those screaming foul that only Kimberly McCoullough is Robin becasue she had to role since she was a kid, but to honest in the hands of the right actress I think a recast could eventually be accepted.  Rebecca Budig was such an actress and she does have some of the physical characteristics of the original actress in the role. 

Yes, viewers wouldn't be happy, they never are with a recast it seems, but for me I would much rather see a character continue, if they are needed with a recast then have them in some silly form of limbo like the character of Robin currently is.  Viewers just need to accept that Kimberly McCollough doesn't want to come back, Steve Burton has moved on, and its time for the show to decide what to do about these characters.  For me I am willing to give recast a try, but it has to be the right way.  I don't have issue with the actor playing Jason, I have issue with the story.  Its been way too in our face so to speak, like I said I would rather he have remained a man of mystery for awhile with a possibility that he is Jason, then have it be out there that he is with every plot point surround him. 

Edited by pafjlh, 13 April 2015 - 08:01 AM.