• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 kinser

kinser

Cordial

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:19 PM

Meh, I can take or leave Carrey. I have to be in the mood to watch him. You either love or hate him, rather his characters. I'm sure he's a great guy off camera, but judging from what I've read, I highly doubt that he is. Such a shame.

Why, what have you read? Please spill

I think he is creepy too. Have I said that already? Yeah well it bares repeating

http://www.huffingto...w_n_532630.html

I remember this incident met with some pretty harsh criticism. I don't know what his personality is like otherwise, but I just can't stand him as an actor. I remember when he was the highest paid actor, and was thinking, "what? what am I missing?"

#22 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:15 PM

I remember this incident met with some pretty harsh criticism. I don't know what his personality is like otherwise, but I just can't stand him as an actor. I remember when he was the highest paid actor, and was thinking, "what? what am I missing?"

Wow, he needed huge does of STFU!

Tweeter is the devil. Most of these celebs show themselves for what they really are. Maybe it is not so bad if you think about it

#23 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:43 AM

Modern Family. I can't stand that show. I find Sofia Vergara to be very aggravating. I want to staff her mouth everytime she opens it

How's that for UO :)

#24 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:37 PM

Modern Family. I can't stand that show. I find Sofia Vergara to be very aggravating. I want to staff her mouth everytime she opens it

How's that for UO :)

You better run and hide. I love Sofia!

You can mute her and enjoy the visual :)

#25 tvFool

tvFool

Cordial

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:00 PM

Meh, I can take or leave Carrey. I have to be in the mood to watch him. You either love or hate him, rather his characters. I'm sure he's a great guy off camera, but judging from what I've read, I highly doubt that he is. Such a shame.

Why, what have you read? Please spill

I think he is creepy too. Have I said that already? Yeah well it bares repeating

I've seen him in interviews and he's pretty much a jerk, which is probably how he presents himself to other people. What I see in interviews and when he is out with his girlfriend with the attitude, well, I just think he's just not all that great.

#26 MrsWinchester

MrsWinchester

Cordial

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:21 AM

I've never seen American Idol. Oh I've seen bits and pieces, but never one whole episode. I don't think I could stomach it. Watching people make asses out of themselves just to get 2 minutes on T.V. - no thanks. I can't stand most reality T.V. for that reason.

I wholeheartedly agree. Reality TV or at least what they try to pass off as reality sucks big time! I can't believe that people actually watch that stuff.

#27 ILoveArcher

ILoveArcher

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:11 PM

This show is cancelled, King of the Hill, and yes, I know it was a cartoon, but I absolutely despised Peggy Hill. She had this
annoying, know-it-all attitude and carried herself like she was cock of the walk. I had never seen someone so self involved
and so completely in love with themselves as her, and if she was attractive or actually as intelligent as she presented herself, it could pass for being confident rather than delusional.

#28 CAMom50

CAMom50

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:17 PM

This show is cancelled, King of the Hill, and yes, I know it was a cartoon, but I absolutely despised Peggy Hill. She had this
annoying, know-it-all attitude and carried herself like she was cock of the walk. I had never seen someone so self involved
and so completely in love with themselves as her, and if she was attractive or actually as intelligent as she presented herself, it could pass for being confident rather than delusional.

whew and I thought I was the only one on the planet that felt that way! I actually thought it was hilarious when her chute didn't open and she had to be nursed back to her feet. She came off whiny and trivial. I kept asking the TV while she was on: "you want a bit of cheese to go with that whine?" Another one I didn't like was the blonde bubble headed niece of theirs, the beautician wannabe. UGH. The only one I found halfway likeable was Bill.

#29 Deborah1962

Deborah1962

Cordial

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:54 PM

Louanne? The real stereotypical blonde? She can be smarter than she comes off. Bobby was a little odd but, I think that was done on purpose. Dale is just strange; Bill too and Boomhaur, he's just like Quagmire on Family Guy only less obvious. I enjoyed The King of the Hill when it was running.

#30 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:57 AM

LOL I think her character was designed to be hated. She is the character everyone loves to hate after all. I am a bilingual Spanish/English speaker, and when she thought she was speaking Spanish was some of the most funniest times that show had. The episode she accidentally kidnapped the kid from Mexico mad me laugh so hard I almost cried.

#31 mkcookin

mkcookin

Cordial

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:16 AM

I don't like Jim Carrey. I think he is annoying and not funny. I don't where or why I came up with that - it just kind of popped into my head :lol .

I personally like Jim Carrey. I always found his shows funny and they made me laugh. He had a few where is was more serious, and those were the times I really did not like him. One of my favorite shows he made, was the mask. 

#32 mkcookin

mkcookin

Cordial

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:28 AM

I've never seen American Idol. Oh I've seen bits and pieces, but never one whole episode. I don't think I could stomach it. Watching people make asses out of themselves just to get 2 minutes on T.V. - no thanks. I can't stand most reality T.V. for that reason.

I use to watch this show all the time, and I really enjoyed it. The beginning was funny, because I never expect to see any good talent, and it was always funny to hear was Simon had to say. Toward the middle of the season, and end, is when it got really good. People sang good songs, and you saw some great talent. I sadly, stopped watching it after Simon left. 

#33 dethdealer24

dethdealer24

Cordial

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

I HATED Nikki Minaj on american Idol. She just came off as an unintelligent human being. In my opinon, she was just so TRASHY and classless. If anyone watched Storage Wars, I HATED Dave Hester. Whenever he came on the screen i used to want to get violent, that's how much I despised that man. I wanted to throw a party the day he got fired from the show.

#34 bstahr

bstahr

Shy

• 6 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:01 PM

I agree with some of the others that I can't get into shows like "American Idol." All the contestant-type reality shows really irritate me. "America's Got Talent," "The Voice," even "Dancing With The Stars" annoy me to no end. I did watch "American Idol" the first few seasons it was on. The auditions were amusing sometimes, and I loved seeing those few really talented performers. The whole concept got stale after a while, and the quick cuts, excessive commercial breaks, cheesy song-and-dance routines and the sob stories got SO old. Maybe I'm just a Debbie Downer, but I really hate those shows!

#35 devichan

devichan

Cordial

• 13 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:53 PM

I can't stand "reality" shows that objectify the people they follow. I just think there's enough mocking people in this world. This goes for shows like Honey Boo-Boo (let's all laugh at the weird southerners!) to competitions like Biggest Losers (mocking the fatties!) to the exploitation of the mentally ill (Hoarders). I can't enjoy myself when I think that people are being set up to look dumb.

#36 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:58 PM

I find Daniel Tosh funny despite his mean, edgy humor on Tosh.0, and I like a lot of the new and returning shows on Comedy Central like Nathan For You. I have yet to see another Comedy Central fan in the forum despite the fact that it's a popular channel. It seems to be unpopular here.

#37 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:28 PM

I HATED Nikki Minaj on american Idol. She just came off as an unintelligent human being. In my opinon, she was just so TRASHY and classless. If anyone watched Storage Wars, I HATED Dave Hester. Whenever he came on the screen i used to want to get violent, that's how much I despised that man. I wanted to throw a party the day he got fired from the show.

Yuuuuuuuuup!!!

Should I hide so you don't get violent? lol

I hear ya. Talk about a dbag. Dave the dbag.

As for the unfunny shows, I guess I'm just getting old. Most of them seem more obnoxious than funny to me.

#38 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 05:11 PM

My unpopular opinions on TV shows.  I never liked Seinfeld, I know its considered one of the best Sitcoms of all time but for me its an acquired taste and one I never got into. I also am not a fan of Modern Family, again an acquired taste and I have never seen what the big deal was about it. 

Also, not a fan of Survivor, The Amazing Race, Big Brother, American Idol or The Voice.  These are reality shows that I know are very popular but me just never did see the big attaction there. 

#39 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:43 PM

I can't stand "reality" shows that objectify the people they follow. I just think there's enough mocking people in this world. This goes for shows like Honey Boo-Boo (let's all laugh at the weird southerners!) to competitions like Biggest Losers (mocking the fatties!) to the exploitation of the mentally ill (Hoarders). I can't enjoy myself when I think that people are being set up to look dumb.

I concur. I also don't like shows like bachelor or that old one "marry my dad" or something like that. It just made the women look so desperate and pitiful, not to mention treating them so badly. I bet the "losers" really felt like losers after that experience. Reality TV to me, is for the most part, garbage.

#40 sammien94

sammien94

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:54 PM

This is definitely unpopular, but I hate Mike from Suits. He's like a self-entitled, selfish douche. When he comes up with good ideas to help Harvey or the firm, he's like some kind of hero, but when he messes up and needs to be bailed out by Harvey or Jessica, it's treated like his life is soooooo hard. Like when Louis found out he's a fraud, he said that they both share a love with the law. I mean if he loves the law so much, why did he choose to keep being a fraud for so long?????