• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Sefarad

Sefarad

Friendly

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:00 AM

My unpopular opinions on TV shows.  I never liked Seinfeld, I know its considered one of the best Sitcoms of all time but for me its an acquired taste and one I never got into. I also am not a fan of Modern Family, again an acquired taste and I have never seen what the big deal was about it. 

Also, not a fan of Survivor, The Amazing Race, Big Brother, American Idol or The Voice.  These are reality shows that I know are very popular but me just never did see the big attaction there. 

I started watching that TV show and I think  it's ok, but I know how you feel. Because there are some TV shows that aren't that great, but still get a lot media attention, like for example the Big bang theory.  I watched that show a lot, and still do from time to time, but I really don't get why is still around and why it's so popular?  I truly don't, it's not that great.

#42 muppet10

muppet10

Cordial

• 16 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 12:17 PM

I actually like Jim Carrey, i thought he was hilarious in Liar Liar, it must have been such an exhausting part to play as are most of his roles.I think he must give so much more in nervous energy and adrenalin than the audience actually realise. It is widely accepted that comedy is the hardest genre to perform and Carrey's brand of acting must really take it out of the actor.

I thought he gave a very meaningful performance as Andy Kaufman in the film man on the moon, it was a mix of comedy, eccentricity and tragedy. I'm not sure another actor could have pulled this role off as well. 

#43 sammien94

sammien94

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 12:48 PM

My unpopular opinions on TV shows. I never liked Seinfeld, I know its considered one of the best Sitcoms of all time but for me its an acquired taste and one I never got into. I also am not a fan of Modern Family, again an acquired taste and I have never seen what the big deal was about it.

Also, not a fan of Survivor, The Amazing Race, Big Brother, American Idol or The Voice. These are reality shows that I know are very popular but me just never did see the big attaction there.

I started watching that TV show and I think it's ok, but I know how you feel. Because there are some TV shows that aren't that great, but still get a lot media attention, like for example the Big bang theory. I watched that show a lot, and still do from time to time, but I really don't get why is still around and why it's so popular? I truly don't, it's not that great.

I totally agree with you about the big bang theory. The jokes are so insanely formulaic. Sheldon is annoying at best, and Penny doesn't seem to know even basic, first grade math. Actors on that show make 1 million per episode, which is just mind blowing to me

#44 Sefarad

Sefarad

Friendly

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:44 PM

One million per episode?  Sweet Jesus!  That TV show must be one of the most profitable TV shows ever... I mean, not even the chubby kid from Two and half men got that per episode!  I really wonder why this TV show is so popular? Can't be because of the jokes or sense of humor... the jokes are of the cookie cutter miscellaneous type most of the time (at least to me); nothing witty or smart about their sense of humor.  Oh well, I'll never get the masses.

#45 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:51 PM

I don't like any of the CBS sitcoms. I'm also not a fan of any of the police procedural shows on network television. CBS is the worst offender of having the worst comedies and the most police procedural shows.

#46 Giggles

Giggles

Friendly

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:22 PM

I don't like any of the CBS sitcoms. I'm also not a fan of any of the police procedural shows on network television. CBS is the worst offender of having the worst comedies and the most police procedural shows.

I tried a few episodes of Mom because I love Alison Janney, couldn't get into it.

As much as I get frustrated with them, ABC sitcoms are much better than any network's.

#47 sammien94

sammien94

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:36 PM

I don't like any of the CBS sitcoms. I'm also not a fan of any of the police procedural shows on network television. CBS is the worst offender of having the worst comedies and the most police procedural shows.

I tried a few episodes of Mom because I love Alison Janney, couldn't get into it.

As much as I get frustrated with them, ABC sitcoms are much better than any network's.

ABC has better sitcoms, but I feel like cbs is slightly better at doing higher brow shows. Person of interest is excellent for example.