• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Phoenix360

Phoenix360

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:38 AM

I don't know if any of you know, but YouTube offers free and pay-to-watch movies on their website. I was aware before all the changes to the site; however, for some reason I thought they actually did away with it and didn't fully realize that they had a movies link on the left corner of the front page only if you're not logged in. I mean no wonder I couldn't find them since I'm always logged in. But looking through the listings, they have a considerable amount to select from. There are many interesting titles I could give a watch to. 

With that said, do any of you guys watch the movies distributed by YouTube themselves?

#2 scott492

scott492

Noob

• Validating
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:15 PM

I've never used the service, but have always been intrigued by it. It just seems like a pointless alternative when I can get all my streaming from Netflix. But I suppose if I found something that was ONLY available through youtube I might try it. I just feel like when I'm paying for an individual movie, even when it's only a couple bucks, I want to own it or at the very least have a download of my own, rather than just a streaming copy.

#3 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:04 AM

I have watched some of the free movies that are available legally on Youtube. Of course some of them are low budget and some of them are a couple of years old, but between Youtube , Hulu and Crackle, I used to find hours of free entertainment during the years I got rid of cable.

#4 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:51 AM

Yes, I have mistakenly clicked onto the videos that you have to pay for before, thinking that they are the regular free ones. I don't pay for one and I have not paid for any. I don't intend to when I can most likely get the films from somewhere else online for free.

Edited by pipergale, 04 February 2014 - 07:51 AM.

#5 sillylucy

sillylucy

Friendly

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:18 PM

I haven't tried it either, but I am glad the option is available. I just hope the quality is good and worth the money. Does anyone know if they put ads in it like Hulu? I hope it doesn't take long to buffer.

#6 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:05 AM

Yes, I can also say that I am glad that the option is available. They keep closing down websites that are based around downloading music, TV shows, movies and software for free. I cannot say that I will ever use the service though. But if I am ever that desperate to see a movie, and Youtube has it then I'll spend the money with a sour face lol.

#7 blessbajoy

blessbajoy

Noob

• 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:03 AM

Never tried it myself.

#8 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:41 AM

There are enough free movies on Youtube anyway. I don't know why they would charge for other ones, because the ones that they do charge money for don't seem all that new or special. I am confused lol.

#9 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:41 PM

I had some idea that they offered pay to watch movies but that doesn't mean I'll be paying for them! You can find movies uploaded on Youtube easily if you can't find a download. I've watched movies on Youtube a few times when I couldn't find them elsewhere but it's annoying because sometimes they're split into about 12 parts. 

#10 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:42 PM

The whole point of you tube is to watch programing for free. If I wanted to pay to see movies and TV show I would go to Net Flix. There are always place online that stream free movies , I am not going to pay you tube.

#11 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:19 AM

I agree. But even a service that starts out free will end up charging if they can. They are a large corporation now. There are always places to see tv shows and movies online for free. Never pay. I am never paying lol. Not only because I don't have the money, but because I don't have to pay.

#12 zerotoinfinity

zerotoinfinity

Cordial

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 04:34 AM

Before when I just started getting into Anime, I would watch Funimation's YouTube Channel.  I know most, if not all, of the animes on there are dubbed but it didn't matter to me.  As for movies, I've never watched any free ones on YouTube.  I do, however, remember a time when movies were uploaded to YouTube in parts because of the 15 minute limit on videos.  That would be very annoying to me.

#13 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:27 AM

Anime is amazing, especially Yuri. But what annoys me is the hours that I have to spend looking for an Anime with good english Subtitles. There are a few good anime websites, but even with those sites they are not guaranteed to have the anime that you are looking for.

I don't mind watching movies in fifteen minute parts, to be honest. If I want to see something badly enough then as long as the quality is acceptable then I don't mind.

#14 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 09:44 PM

The whole point of you tube is to watch programing for free. If I wanted to pay to see movies and TV show I would go to Net Flix. There are always place online that stream free movies , I am not going to pay you tube.

YouTube already makes money from the ads on their homepage and the ads on individual videos. I don't get why they need to start charging for TV episodes like Netflix.I've started seeing prices next to episodes of TV shows on YouTube. YouTube is getting really corporate and greedy.

#15 TatsuKaji

TatsuKaji

Cordial

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:39 PM

Hmm can't say i've found any of their free movies, but I've seen the ones you can pay for, sadly there aren't any on there that I would actually pay for lol.

#16 Lushlala

Lushlala

Cordial

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:58 AM

It's so funny, I only just found out about YouTube movies last week! I don't usually know much about where we get our movies and TV programmes because my husband takes care of all that and is a lot more IT savvy. He wasn't very impressed with the service, plus it appears our geographical location goes against us for most things! 

#17 Sefarad

Sefarad

Friendly

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:24 PM

I didn't know they offered that service to be honest,  when I read the title of this thread I thought you guys were going to talk about the movies some people upload there, hehehe!  I wonder how expensive is that service?  I mean, with Popcorn you can actually watch a lot movie from free, just streaming.  Has anyone used this YouTube service?

#18 Sefarad

Sefarad

Friendly

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:59 PM

I agree. But even a service that starts out free will end up charging if they can. They are a large corporation now. There are always places to see tv shows and movies online for free. Never pay. I am never paying lol. Not only because I don't have the money, but because I don't have to pay.

I share the same thought, no need to pay for movies anymore, not with all those excellent free options!  Have you heard about Popcorn? It's a new software a friend recommended me, it allows you to stream all kinds of movies thru its interface.  Very good actually, it's totally free, it's excellent for watching the newest movies and also the latest episodes of the most popular TV shows.  ALL free :D

#19 KimberlyD

KimberlyD

Friendly

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 02:14 PM

You use to be able to watch TV Shows and movies for free on the network stations, like Syfy.... then they grew hip to it and now you have to prove that you are paying for a cable service to use it online.  Only a few stations are still allowing full free access to their stations online now.

I think they should have it where you pay a service a small yearly fee to access certain stations online and you get to choose which stations you want.  A custom package so to speak.  Then you get what you want, when you want, how you want.  No more premade 1000 channel packages that cost a arm and a leg for the few stations you actually watch.   Hmmmm..... gotta go..... got an idea.

#20 Sefarad

Sefarad

Friendly

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 08:22 AM

You use to be able to watch TV Shows and movies for free on the network stations, like Syfy.... then they grew hip to it and now you have to prove that you are paying for a cable service to use it online. Only a few stations are still allowing full free access to their stations online now.

I think they should have it where you pay a service a small yearly fee to access certain stations online and you get to choose which stations you want. A custom package so to speak. Then you get what you want, when you want, how you want. No more premade 1000 channel packages that cost a arm and a leg for the few stations you actually watch. Hmmmm..... gotta go..... got an idea.

I love your idea!!!!! But I would love to have that deal with my cable provider. That would make my life easier and happier! I hate those stupid packages! They cost a lot and if you have the basic plan you get all the crappy channels! I only watch 4 channels out of 70!

We had to pick the basic package because of our bad budget. All the channels were gone with it, all the good ones at least. If we were able to customize our packages...