12 replies to this topic

#1 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

So OTH is over. Finally.

I'll say it, I'm sad to see it go but it stayed too long.

I've been a Brooke fan first since the first episode I saw (which was a SOAPnet marathon so pretty late in the game) and while there were moments that were really good, Brooke just didn't do it for me this season. Even in the finale, I was happy she got her happily ever after, but it just felt...off. I think Brooke really suffered from having so much of her storyline be centered on the kids/husband. I like Julian. A lot. But I love Brooke best with her girls -- Peyton, Haley, Rachel, Bevin, Milly. Also, you're what? 28 years old on the show now? Get over your parent issues already.

There were a lot of nice Naley moments for their fans. I've never cared one way or another, but I thought that was nice.

Skills and Bevin got together! Yay!! Mouth had a great moment for Keith and Jimmy Edwards, which was par for the course (though again, it's been like 10 years in OTH time right? You'd think he'd have made his peace with this on a therapists couch already). Chris Keller was hysterical and likable. I wish Rachel would have shown up to make amends with Brooke and Mouth (I still don't know what happened there cuz I stopped watching for a bit). I didn't really care about any of the new people (if you were introduced after season 4...).

I intensely dislike Lucas, but his presence was missed. Peyton (who I did like) was really missed. I don't think they were really mentioned at all and that was just sad. I get that they did the CMM thing earlier (and part of that was that HB wasn't coming back and they wanted to keep Lucas' happily ever after in tact), but man, I missed freaking Lucas.

Also, not a fan of the flash forward so we could see Jamie beat Nate's record and that Nate was proud. But I loved all the flashbacks. I loved Haley showing Jamie the brick where they wrote their wishes and him making his (I just didn't need to see it come true).

Gavin DeGraw coming back was great. LOVED that. But again, talking about Tric, and what they were doing for the first Tric show, without Peyton was just said. Peyton made Tric!! :(

It was a nice finale and I think the fans who were there from the beginning and stuck with it will probably be thrilled (esp. if they grew up with it).

Anyone else watch?

#2 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:15 PM

I am so disappointed that Peyton didn't make an appearance at all. Apparently Leyton were hardly mentioned in the finale? Screw OTH

They did an introspective for like 40 minutes prior (so the actual finale was 1 hour and 10 minutes) and neither Chad nor Hil were interviewed. Which makes everyone look bad (the show if they didn't ask them, them if they didn't agree). The finale itself barely had any mention of Leyton. They didn't bring up that Peyton started Tric or anything. It was odd.

Like I said, I did not like Lucas or Leyton and I missed them, so I imagine for a lot of fans it was a big deal.

Have you ever seen the way people go after Hilarie? Check out the comments in this article.
OTH Scoop

#3 Ned Stark

Ned Stark

Staff

• Moderators
  • 183 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

Posted Image

#4 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:26 PM

My OTH marathon is going to be sweet. I can't watch

I am sorry to hear about Brooke. After 9 seasons, it is not surprising that the characters will change

I am so disappointed that Peyton didn't make an appearance at all. Apparently Leyton were hardly mentioned in the finale? Screw OTH

#5 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:05 AM

They did an introspective for like 40 minutes prior (so the actual finale was 1 hour and 10 minutes) and neither Chad nor Hil were interviewed. Which makes everyone look bad (the show if they didn't ask them, them if they didn't agree). The finale itself barely had any mention of Leyton. They didn't bring up that Peyton started Tric or anything. It was odd.

Like I said, I did not like Lucas or Leyton and I missed them, so I imagine for a lot of fans it was a big deal.

Have you ever seen the way people go after Hilarie? Check out the comments in this article.
OTH Scoop

CMM came back this season, they could have asked him to participate even if it was a location shot. Going out of their way to ignore them make their absence all the more glaring. As for Hillary, she must have peed in someone's cornflicks or something

Reading the comment section in that article, I couldn't help but hope I haven't added to the negativity directed at the poor woman. I have said in other places that I dislike Sara on White Collar and now I kinda wish I'd been more supportive or tolerant even.

Peyton/HB got a lot of hate from the OTH fans, I stop watching and following the show a long time ago so I haven't thought about it in a long time but this article is a reminder. It used to drive me crazy, like the Blake/Serena hate

#6 RemoteStealer

RemoteStealer

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

I caught OTH back when it first started as I do for most pilots that look even remotely interesting, and unfortunately I was disappointed because I'm not into the same kind of thing that reminds me of 90210. I just wasn't interested in the whole 20-30 something drama especially since I'm nearly 50.

#7 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

I knew this show was done the moment they didn't let the actors that played Lucas and Peyton come back. I mean they were THE main characters of the show.

#8 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

I knew this show was done the moment they didn't let the actors that played Lucas and Peyton come back. I mean they were THE main characters of the show.

They let Michael Chad Murray come back for the finale but didn't invite Hilarie back

#9 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:50 PM

They let Michael Chad Murray come back for the finale but didn't invite Hilarie back

True, they did let him come back for the end. But that end probably wouldn't exist had they resigned him back in the first place. Bringing him back at the end was simply closure.

#10 AyeManda

AyeManda

Cordial

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:58 PM

One Tree Hill was an important part of my teen years.  I was around the same age as the characters on the show when it first began, so I related a lot, and follow the series religiously.  But, as much as I love the series, I am confident in saying that the writers were beating a dead horse.  The last few seasons were unnecessary, and instead of letting the show rest in peace peacefully they continued to resurrect it.  Some shows are just better left dead, they lost a lot of loyal fans when they brought back the adult versions of the characters.  I don't want to remember Brooke has a nearly thirty Mom, I want to remember her as a high-school cheerleader with an emo best-friend and a complicated teen love life. 

#11 Wayne Clark

Wayne Clark

Cordial

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:24 PM

I'm was a little late to the party as I didn't catch on to One Tree Hill until I happened to be browsing Netflix and happened to come across the show. On a whim I decided to give the show a chance and I'm definitely glad I did. I will admit that the first 4 seasons of the show were awesome with seasons 5 and 6 not too far behind. It started to fall off in quality though when season 7 began as Lucas and Peyton had left the show. Still, I kept up with it just so I could see how it ends and the series finale was pretty emotional.

#12 BWR

BWR

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:54 AM

I kind of enjoyed the first few seasons but like most of you I totally agree that the show started petering off around the 7th season and the producers should have ended it gracefully instead of dragging it on and on. It started out as a pretty solid show but just lost steam and I was a little surprised how it could have lasted 9 seasons when better shows were axed?

#13 twistedyees8787

twistedyees8787

Noob

• 4 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:28 PM

Great show!  Will this ever be made into a movie?