• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 sillylucy

sillylucy

Friendly

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:48 PM

Does anyone like watching shows like Access Hollywood and Entertainment Tonight? Am I the only one who doesn't really enjoy TMZ and these types of shows? I'd rather read a quick headline to get the gist of what's going on with Jennifer Lawrence instead of having it rehashed on a TV show with tons of commercials.

#2 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:11 PM

I used to like these shows because they were all abut the lasted fashion and trends for the season. They used to be fun and light .  Now most of them remind me of a grocery store tabloid. It is all just so negative and they repeat the same stories over and over again.

#3 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:57 AM

I hate TMZ. First of all you cannot trust these shoddy news sources. TMZ is just one of the thousands of news moguls that is owned by just six corporations. Not my kind of news, to be honest. They are terribly invasive also, and there is just something very shoddy about them.

#4 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:26 AM

I hate TMZ. First of all you cannot trust these shoddy news sources. TMZ is just one of the thousands of news moguls that is owned by just six corporations. Not my kind of news, to be honest. They are terribly invasive also, and there is just something very shoddy about them.

TMZ is almost always accurate.

#5 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:05 PM

Is it? They don't seem like they would be, and to me it just seems like trash television. Some of the stories that they report? They are vacuous and shallow. How about they report about how the radiation from Fukushima has moved to America now, and about how it is polluting the air and water?

#6 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:44 PM

Is it? They don't seem like they would be, and to me it just seems like trash television. Some of the stories that they report? They are vacuous and shallow. How about they report about how the radiation from Fukushima has moved to America now, and about how it is polluting the air and water?

That would be an intelligent thing to do and that is not what these people want . They are only interested in shallow pop culture. Heavy hitting world views and news stories that effect everyone , no that is way too much like education for some people. 

#7 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:19 AM

That would be an intelligent thing to do and that is not what these people want . They are only interested in shallow pop culture. Heavy hitting world views and news stories that effect everyone , no that is way too much like education for some people. 

Lol!! TMZ, to me, is just another pop culture distraction. Oh lets feed the mindless masses something frivolous to look and read about whilst we destroy the world behind the scenes. Let's not report the important issues. These issues shouldn't be about education and they shouldn't be choice in my opinion. Babies in California are being effected as far as their health goes because of this radiation. Mainstream media should be reporting such news but of course they don't and won't sadly.

#8 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:31 AM

What more can we expect , this is tabloid television at it's best. There main objective is to boost the already inflated egos of reality celebrities and report on the trivial. I love how those show will make anyone a "News" correspond. One of them gave Alec Baldwin's wife a job, she is a yoga instructor. Another gave a famous athlete's girlfriend a job because some sports castor was gushing on air about how pretty she is. 

#9 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:37 AM

What more can we expect , this is tabloid television at it's best. There main objective is to boost the already inflated egos of reality celebrities and report on the trivial. I love how those show will make anyone a "News" correspond. One of them gave Alec Baldwin's wife a job, she is a yoga instructor. Another gave a famous athlete's girlfriend a job because some sports castor was gushing on air about how pretty she is. 

At irs best? or at its worst? Lol! I would definitely chose the latter one. Our world is seriously screwed up, and television has has quite a large hand in manipulating the mind's of the masses.

#10 Pooki

Pooki

Friendly

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:47 AM

I am not that surprise Gwyneth and Chris are separating after 10 years.

http://perezhilton.c...nt-crashed-goop

Gwyneth Paltrow and her Coldplay rocker hubby Chris Martin announced theirsad decision to separate yesterday, on her popular

Soon after Gwenny's "conscious uncoupling" statement was uploaded, the site went toe up from the floor up and crashed harder than pre-rehab Lindsay Lohan after a heavy night of partying!

Visitors to the page were greeted with a “500 Internal Server Error” message or a lack of loading completely—and after testing the site on multiple browsers this morning, it's STILL not fully functioning!

#11 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:14 PM

You guys hear about Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis?? It was strange enough that they got together in real life after quasi dating in That 70's Show. But now they are pregnant, it has been revealed. I know about this due to that insufferable trending column on Facebook -_-

#12 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:18 AM

You guys hear about Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis?? It was strange enough that they got together in real life after quasi dating in That 70's Show. But now they are pregnant, it has been revealed. I know about this due to that insufferable trending column on Facebook -_-

I am so happy for them!

Now I want a That 70s Show reunion!

Edited by Bittersweet, 27 March 2014 - 12:18 AM.

#13 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:55 AM

I agree, TMZ is notorious for not being legit. They're also awful for not respecting people's private lives.

#14 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:28 AM

I agree, TMZ is notorious for not being legit. They're also awful for not respecting people's private lives.

TMZ is more credible than most of the news sites. They pick up news after it has been reported by TMZ.

#15 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:48 AM

I am so happy for them!

Now I want a That 70s Show reunion!

I suppose that it would be cool for those that shipped Jackie and Kelso back in the day, but I am not really that much f a fan of either Mila Kunis or Ashton Kutcher, to be honest.

#16 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:26 AM

TMZ is more credible than most of the news sites. They pick up news after it has been reported by TMZ.

I don't trust most news sites anyway, to be honest. Most of them exaggerate and fail to include the important facts.

#17 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:59 AM

I don't trust most news sites anyway, to be honest. Most of them exaggerate and fail to include the important facts.

Exactly. The news that the world hears has often been manipulated and stirred up so that it comes across a certain way to the masses. Just six corporations full stop control the mainstream media. That should  be a clue.

#18 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:04 AM

Only six? Wow, I had no idea. I shouldn't be surprised though, to be honest.

#19 sillylucy

sillylucy

Friendly

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:43 PM

I used to like these shows because they were all abut the lasted fashion and trends for the season. They used to be fun and light .  Now most of them remind me of a grocery store tabloid. It is all just so negative and they repeat the same stories over and over again.

I totally agree! TMZ and E! are the National Enquirer of television! Everyone knows not to believe what they say and it take it with a grain of salt. I wish there was a better entertainment channel out there.

#20 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:08 PM

Only six? Wow, I had no idea. I shouldn't be surprised though, to be honest.

Look into it. Learn the names of these folk. I don't watch the news, When you learn how easily manipulated everything is it is simply shocking and somewhat insidious/sinister. The world is run by white old rich men, and they put out their ideals and perceptions of the world continuously. Unfortunately most of that has stuck with people and has become the norm, even though we know that it feels wrong.